Sponsored

Curious, anyone out there besides me with a Golden Ticket and no build date?

MidnightSpecial

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't think the Golden Ticket is an on-going thing anymore. Ford was directly selecting customers based on those who showed interest via reservations. It seems to be more along the line of dealership allocation at this point. Maybe it'll come back, idk.

Yes, you'd ask the dealer(s). I did at one point and just received a 'not likely' type of response.

But, there was also a point in time late last year when Ford was making the call for more Raptor orders. Sorta unexpected.

The thing that folk are complaining about is that it seems some orders placed much later jumped ahead of those with reservation/golden tickets. Not unlike the non-special edition reservation/order holders that have been waiting patiently for a long time (years).

The other problem is ADM. Many dealers are taking advantage of the demand with absurd markups (placing some into the well-to-do category).

In the end, give it a shot. Doesn't hurt to ask around.
Thanks for all of the info. I truly do appreciate it. I went through all of this trying to order my Gen 3 Raptor. Its funny how each specialty vehicle under Ford has its own BS process to be "fortunate" enough to get one.

My trusted dealer basically told me we have a waitlist that goes to the highest bidder and its currently $35k to be in front of the line. Any that I see pop up local are $30k over on a 2022 and $40k over on a 2023.

Been calling all my local dealers to try and find a place in line when the banks open again, if they ever do.

What a pain in the a$$
Sponsored

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for all of the info. I truly do appreciate it. I went through all of this trying to order my Gen 3 Raptor. Its funny how each specialty vehicle under Ford has its own BS process to be "fortunate" enough to get one.

My trusted dealer basically told me we have a waitlist that goes to the highest bidder and its currently $35k to be in front of the line. Any that I see pop up local are $30k over on a 2022 and $40k over on a 2023.

Been calling all my local dealers to try and find a place in line when the banks open again, if they ever do.

What a pain in the a$$
Look at dealers more to your east if you want to find lesser markups. Across the West coast they're all pretty high up there. Look more in midwest states to get in line in case Raptor order banks open up. Be sure to ask how many are ahead of you. I know one person had found a dealer taking orders at $5k over but there were 5+ already on the list at that time and it wasn't a high volume dealer.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

What a pain in the a$$
I think I found a reasonable, albeit somewhat tedious process and it involves going out of state and looking at the largest dealers. My story is here. Hope some of it is helpful.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was 72 years old when I reserved a widtrak, I'm now 75 and still just at "order confirmed" for a Braptor. Hopefully I will still be driving if it ever shows up. On the plus side Mopar just replaced almost everything under the hood on our 2016 Rubicon at 160k miles a few weeks ago under warranty.

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It’s near impossible for the trust to be instilled in dealers when you see them acting insane (within their technical right) to up charge so heavily. Just know, dealers can take your order and ford can accept it, but whether you’ll ever get a VIN and build date can cause you to be in the dark if the dealer isn’t being honest with you. Good luck on your find

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’s near impossible for the trust to be instilled in dealers when you see them acting insane (within their technical right) to up charge so heavily. Just know, dealers can take your order and ford can accept it, but whether you’ll ever get a VIN and build date can cause you to be in the dark if the dealer isn’t being honest with you. Good luck on your find
You're exactly right. The dealer can have say one Allocation for a Raptor. Dealer can take 10 orders. In this case, only 1 person will have an order that will get built. The other 9 will not ever get built until the dealer gets another allocation. Odds are good, this was last batch of allocations.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I can't believe their are gt holders still waiting..... I walked into a dealer last march, put $500 down and got my brapter last oct. I just don't get how that could happen with others waiting so long?? There must be an element of randomness involved in a broken ordering system..

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I can't believe their are gt holders still waiting..... I walked into a dealer last march, put $500 down and got my brapter last oct. I just don't get how that could happen with others waiting so long?? There must be an element of randomness involved in a broken ordering system..
If you're reservation / order is with a small dealer with few allocations, you can wait a very long timer.

The whole thing is driven by allocation

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Let me guess, a very large volume dealer (i.e. has lots of allocations)?

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And... still nothing...
If you're reservation / order is with a small dealer with few allocations, you can wait a very long timer (sic).

The whole thing is driven by allocation
A very long time or perhaps forever... You've got to get a honest appraisal from your current dealer as to whether they believe they can actually get you an allocation (within your personal desired time frame). If they can't. You'll have to asses if you have any price protection via a current order and whether than can be moved to another dealer (unlikely). Finally you'll have to do the hard/long work of hunting for a new dealer who will provide no or low ADM in consideration of your GT. I feel for you, but again refer to bold red above... Best of luck.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

HMMM - I think I know someone on here that suffered that very untrustworthy situation...:unsure::unsure:. What made it worse was I think he brought a shit ton of business to that stealership and they hit him with a surprise ADM even after all that and a signed buyers order from the GM. Boy it'll be interesting when that story comes to light on this forum...I'd hate to be that place. Pretty sure if all goes well, we'll be hearing alot more about that in the coming months. #IYKYK #FAFO

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Day 1 reservation holder (7/13/20)
Golden Ticket holder
Still not scheduled
What’s worse, two golden tickets at my dealer with LATER reservation time stamps have build dates. How does that happen?

OP
OP

Green Giant

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Day 1 reservation holder (7/13/20)
Golden Ticket holder
Still not scheduled
What’s worse, two golden tickets at my dealer with LATER reservation time stamps have build dates. How does that happen?

Absolute clown show by Ford. I just can't get past, why they didn't at least take care of reservation holders that converted first. Just flies in the face of any rational decision making.

At a minimum, price protection should have been given to all Raptor conversions. They had to know they had these production constraints, or at least communicated at the time of conversions that they had production constraints, and your pricing is not guaranteed.. "Do you still want to convert to a Raptor and give up your price protection on your original order? There is a good chance you will get bumped a year or two and have a major price increase".

Last edited:

Hendog

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj-40 times 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Day two a.m. reservation Wildtrac --- Golden Ticket--- Still hearing Crickets!!! Not a Happy Camper! ;)
Sponsored