Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our Ecommitment packet for this month (allocation), had a small note for Bronco

It was listed as "early trends", so could end up differently, but based on my orders I can see these options having issues and this warning coming true when scheduling starts.

Most Restricted commodities:
Wildtrak
2.7L
Full Time 4x4 (advanced 4x4)
Level 2 and 4 equipment groups (mid and lux)
Sasquatch
front locker
Modular front bumper

It also had the recommended order of a 4 door Big bend 2.3L auto with soft top.

They also announced some new Bronco SPORT packages coming out for Big Bend and Outer Banks to get the option package without the moonroof to help with commodity issues, so gives me hope they'll do some things on Bronco if the commodities make scheduling a complete nightmare (33s on OBX would help several of my orders).
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can see these options having issues
Ford's planning must really suck if they didn't anticipate popularity of these features.

So....is everything above a 'base' just a tease??

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford's planning must really suck if they didn't anticipate popularity of these features.

And if the 40% order conversions that many dealers are seeing hold true, I can’t imagine all these commodity constraints holding true, unless like you said Ford shit the bed with planning...

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All those Badlands orders causing problems

2.7L - Badlands option
Full Time 4x4 (advanced 4x4) - Badlands standard
Level 2 and 4 equipment groups (mid and lux) -Badlands option
Sasquatch -Badlands option
front locker - Badlands standard
Modular front bumper -Badlands standard

Wonder when they are going to just list the Badlands as a constrained trim like the Wildtrak...

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think it has much to do with planning. Plants are experiencing rolling closures for many manufacturers. Semiconductors being issue #1 with supplier issues and “other” commodities also coming under pressure due to Covid and the ongoing disruption in international markets due to the “trade war” aka tax on consumers the governments of the world have been messing with the last few years. Chip manufacturing is focused on consumer electronics after years of abuse from auto manufacturers. Better margins and less abuse from the customers.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

These are just estimates, the options will be available, just that there are more orders coming in with them than production will allow, but many of these I don't see causing problems for most of us. It all depends where you are on the list when scheduling happens, other than 2.7L and Sasquatch (which I think will be a MAJOR problem), most of these won't even be noticed by majority of orders, just as scheduling progresses some options will run out. Last order assigned a vin will be a 2.3L auto 4 door.

So don't get too worried about this list yet (except 2.7L and Sas, Sas in particular I'm doing some soul searching as I think it's going to cause massive delays.

And if the 40% order conversions that many dealers are seeing hold true, I can’t imagine all these commodity constraints holding true, unless like you said Ford shit the bed with planning...
Conversion rate will have nothing to do with commodities. There will be enough conversions to fill the year, it just depends what options are ordered. For 22 once reservations start finishing, I suspect you'll start seeing 2.3L autos on lots while 2.7L Sasquatch reservations remain unfilled.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t think it has much to do with planning.
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

The more I look at this I see Ford's chief designer as hitting it out of the park....and their engineers did an A+ job of selecting suspension parts from other manufacturers.

Once you get past that...from the reservation process, to interior layout, to colors/materials...Ford increasingly looks pretty inept.

I agree the world went from an oversupply of toilet paper to empty shelves in a month. But that supply has been normal for almost a year. Granted there's no toilet paper in this project, but the time for Covid excuses is running out.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Then you have no clue about the supply chain. I have client who cannot get certain parts and products. That is not Ford's fault.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So don't get too worried about this list yet
Nathan, your observations & input has been spot on since you began posting last summer. Thanks for your contributions

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The more I look at this I see Ford's chief designer as hitting it out of the park....and their engineers did an A+ job of selecting suspension parts from other manufacturers.

Once you get past that...from the reservation process, to interior layout, to colors/materials...Ford increasingly looks pretty inept.

I agree the world went from an oversupply of toilet paper to empty shelves in a month. But that supply has been normal for almost a year. Granted there's no toilet paper in this project, but the time for Covid excuses is running

out.
Consumers don't see it, but this is a normal issue with most every new vehicle launch. Normally new launch is a shorter period with stock units absorbing the commodities so retail sold orders can get anything they want.

Look at 21 F-150, once production got rolling, I didn't have any issues getting my retail (sold) orders built, but for stock I'm seeing mostly XLT and below. Look on dealers lots, lots of low end and mid (XLT), few Lariat, but hardly any King/Platinum/Limited.

This isn't unique to this launch, it happens most every time, high end models sell much better on a new model. NOw a year from now the mix will be correct, and Ford can't make major switches in the mix (they try to do what they can and do make more high end, but can't switch to majority high end).

Bronco is going to be different since there are no stock units to dump the unwanted packages on, so some customers are going to get moved waaaay up the list and others are going to get pushed back.

That said some options I think will remain a problem for years on Bronco, Sasquatch and 2.7L are likely going to be an issue since CAFE fuel economy requirements can limit production and on Bronco (or any off road image vehicle) are going to be very high demand for bigger engines and tires (unless Ford raises the price enough to discourage sales)

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This isn't unique to this launch, it happens most every time, high end models sell much better on a new model.
I think you and I are in violent agreement. This was foreseeable and predictable.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree the world went from an oversupply of toilet paper to empty shelves in a month. But that supply has been normal for almost a year. Granted there's no toilet paper in this project, but the time for Covid excuses is running out.
I live in Detroit, I follow the auto industry, it is reported on in great detail here, but there are literally 30 major stories on constraints and massive earnings pressure to the entire industry due primarily due to semiconductor supplies. Add that to the issues suppliers face and JIT manufacturing and it’s pretty clear this part of the launch delay was not primarily related to “bad planning “. Think what you want, but it’s just not accurate, based on the information I have looked at. I am sure Ford has made planning mistakes along the way, but the supply constraints are at least substantially due to issues affecting the larger market.
Sponsored