Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am still confused on some of the constraints and percentages. I saw a video where the latest memo showed the constraints on the Bronco.
Wildtrak was 15%, as it was explained that means that 15% of the builds could be Wildtrak, so with a high take rate that means the Wildtrak is highly constrained.
Kind of makes sense. But then you get down to MIC top.
2 door - 8%, 4 door -10%, so how is this translated and the numbers make no sense. According to reports of 300 MIC tops produced per day why are these numbers so low. What am I missing?
Sponsored

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am still confused on some of the constraints and percentages. I saw a video where the latest memo showed the constraints on the Bronco.
Wildtrak was 15%, as it was explained that means that 15% of the builds could be Wildtrak, so with a high take rate that means the Wildtrak is highly constrained.
Kind of makes sense. But then you get down to MIC top.
2 door - 8%, 4 door -10%, so how is this translated and the numbers make no sense. According to reports of 300 MIC tops produced per day why are these numbers so low. What am I missing?
I believe I saw that same video! I was confused when I saw 10% for the MIC on the 4-door, because everywhere else has said around 50%. I’m wondering how accurate the numbers in that video actually are.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The number you see is a percentage vs a percentage.
For example, here is the commodity list for Sept 2021.
Wildtrack orders compose 26% of all orders.... Ford can build 13% of them.
2 doors are (or were) 28% of all orders, Ford can build 19% of them. Your posted number for the 2 dr MIC was 8%, which is under half of the ordered 2 doors being able to be built at this time.
Ford Bronco Current Constraints and Percentages? 1646668748117

Last edited:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The number you see is a percentage of a percentage.
Sounds like the video being discussed is actually using a percentage minus a percentage, equivalent to the last column of the chart.

Or it could just be a bad video, difficult to say without seeing it myself.

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like the video being discussed is actually using a percentage minus a percentage, equivalent to the last column of the chart.

The video is the Canadian guy, Johnnys Car care and reviews. His info seems to be generally good. But when he showed the screen shot from the current memo showing the MIC percentages so low it didn't make sense.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The video is the Canadian guy, Johnnys Car care and reviews. His info seems to be generally good. But when he showed the screen shot from the current memo showing the MIC percentages so low it didn't make sense.
Here is a screenshot from the video below...

Ford Bronco Current Constraints and Percentages? BroncoMix

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on that video and the other percentages listed, I think it's possible that MIC production actually has collapsed to those numbers. Unless for some reason Canada would get a different mix than the US (and I don't see why that would be the case).

Maybe Ford has stopped accepting roofs from Webasto that leak, delaminate, or snap, crackle, and pop.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fixed my post, I should've said a percentage vs a percentage.
I'll check out the vid later.

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If those percentages are true, then this idea that the production of the hard tops is up to 300 a day is just false. So based on these numbers, let's say ford has scheduled 10,000 broncos to be built a month, out of those, 8000 are 4 doors, out of those the take rate for the hard top is 6000 units. So out of those 6000, only 600 can get built. At that rate I will never get my Bronco with a hard top. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If those percentages are true, then this idea that the production of the hard tops is up to 300 a day is just false. So based on these numbers, let's say ford has scheduled 10,000 broncos to be built a month, out of those, 8000 are 4 doors, out of those the take rate for the hard top is 6000 units. So out of those 6000, only 600 can get built. At that rate I will never get my Bronco with a hard top. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.
I have good news.... you're wrong!
It's not 10% of the 6000.
Let's use the Sept 2021 constraints chart I posted, and your est 10,000/month production:
81% of the 10,000 are 4 doors= 8,100 units. That means 1,900 2 doors.
56% of that 10,000 are MIC tops= 5,600 units,. Subtract the 1,900 2 doors (all MIC)and that leaves 3,700 4 dr with MIC tops, and 4,400 4 drs with soft tops that 'can' be built.

The 3,700 4dr/MIC is 37% of the 10,000 total.

Let's take another example.... The Wildtrak. The Sept chart shows they can build 13%. The rightmost column 'Retail USOB mix' is the percentage of Wildtrak that were ordered., 26%.
Therefor, Ford can build 13% vs the 26%, or about half of the ones ordered.
The 15% for Wildtrak shown is the vid is comparable to the 13% in Sept, as is the 49% vs 43% for the Sasquatch.

It's tough to determine why the 4dr/Mic is now down to 10% when it was up to 37% in Sept. Maybe the difference is due to far less MIC orders, or they're only building about half of the MIC tops they could in Sept..... which, looking at the decrease from 19% to 8% for 2drs, could be the case.
Sponsored