First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so I am in love with the Bronco reserved mine early done B&P a million times over.
But some reason deep down in my gut I am nervous about giving up my truck for a SUV. I use my truck bed all the time not for work but constantly for projects.
I have found an awesome folding trailer that might work as a alternative but just still start to waver.
Is there any other truck owners out there feeling the same way?

BTW. I have been looking at gladiators ? ... I just want the just experience of taught the roof and doors off.
Sponsored

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Keep the truck, buy the Bronco. That's what we're doing - instead of upgrading my wife's tundra right now ('13 with 175k miles), we're getting a bronco and keeping the tundra.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand, I am in the situation where I get to keep my truck as well.

Trailers alone can be a pain, but they are manageable. Storage and accessibility are the biggest issues. Especially if it is an open trailer that keeps all the flexibility you'd have with a truck bed. You will lose some of the flexibility to do things at the drop of a hat like pick up a 75" tv, but overall it should be fine.

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious, what is the fold-up trailer you are looking at? I am in a similar bind because I love my truck, and want the Bronco, but don't need two vehicles. Thanks.

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you can hold onto the truck AND get the Bronco, do it! In my experience it's difficult to find one vehicle that does it all. And no fun to be without a truck. I still have my '03 F-150 for just this reason. Take good care of it and it goes and goes and goes. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Taco for 8 years? Tundra now for 10.....so I'm pulling the rear seats from the 4 door so they'll fold flat, securing a box for stuff I want to keep....I'll have a 6' bed...and for hunting, I'll grab a hitch basket just to get the deer to processing.

GotNotch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me too. Giving up my paid off single cab z71 for the Bronco.

The wife wanted the 4 door and I originally agreed. But I just can’t do it. So 2 door it is.

Aut-Lin

Black Diamond
First Name
Aut-Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trading in my truck for my Bronco, however saying that I never really needed a truck in the first place. The amount I actually utilize the bed space is minimal, plus I'd rather keep everything inside as opposed to in the bed with a tonneau cover. ?‍♂

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay I drove a Dodge Ram for 7-8 years then traded it in a couple years ago for a Ford Explorer. I love my Explorer, but like you I really enjoyed having a truck for projects, or even just using the tailgate as a workspace in my garage or driveway. I told my wife I was getting rid of the Explorer and going midsize truck this time, looking towards the Jeep Gladiator. Then the Bronco released, then I went through a series of emotions on what I really wanted. I went and test drove a Jeep Gladiator and it drove like a pig. Looked at Tacoma's & Colorado's. I ended up not loving the interiors of both of those, and not too keen on the drive train options for Tacoma. After all of that I am 100% solid on my Bronco. I know from my experiences that I will always miss having the utility of a truck and truck bed, but I know that I can get by without one and that the Bronco is going to be a way better vehicle than any truck I would purchase. In the 2 years I have not had my truck I have only had to borrow my brother-in-law's once.

TLDR: it will always suck not having a truck but you can get by and be fine

littlepope

First Edition
First Name
Pope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have been having these same thoughts, but just googled this folding trailer idea and it is pretty slick. You have one picked out already?

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I started off with SUV's but always had a work/plow truck in the driveway when I needed a bed. Almost 7 years ago I got my limited f150 with its 5.5' bed and I find myself using it a lot. I also have a 97 f150 for dirtier bigger projects. Im keeping everything i currently own and adding to my fleet. That said a nice utility trailer hooked to your SUV can be better than a truck bed in most cases.

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my ONLY hesitation with purchasing a Bronco, but it absolutely will not stop me.

I've been driving my crew cab Nissan Titan for over 14 years now and will be 15 by the time I get my Bronco. I have loved it, and used it plenty for "Truck stuff". I'm going to try to figure out a way to keep it if I can, but will probably need to sell/trade it in as a downpayment. Not to mention the parking situation would be cumbersome at best with that thing hanging around.

That being said a little utility trailer will be a must. I think my friends and family may miss it as much as I will. My Mother-in-law has already mentioned she will miss it since I'm her private delivery company for her antique furniture shopping habit.

OP
OP
That_Hal

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I had to chose between a truck OR a Bronco, the truck would win easily. Not sure how people get by without a truck. I'm getting a Bronco, but I'm sure as heck not getting rid of my truck.
Sponsored