Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm glad they updated it.

I am still going to try to use it, but I know that I will have to relocate the heat exchanger and re-route the plumbing to it to make it work.
As I'm a '22 order, I have plenty of time for others to find a solution for me LOL :)
RC could also figure out a solution in 2022 as well.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I totally want this solution, but I have to figure out how to make it work with my 2.7.

Of course I need a bronco first :(

Last edited:

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm glad they updated it.

I am still going to try to use it, but I know that I will have to relocate the heat exchanger and re-route the plumbing to it to make it work.
Please share if you come up with a solution for moving the heat exchanger, I'm looking to do the same.

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is all true - however while the reinforcement is nice I’m not sure it’s 100% necessary.

With my old TJ, I literally bolted a winch to the bumper and she ripped me out of DEEP ditches many a time with no bending or damage
I have to ask... what makes you believe that the reinforcement is not necessary?

Sponsored

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After keeping an eye out for the winch solutions for several months, I've come to the conclusion that the situation is more problematic for individuals with more fully-equipped Broncos. I am now considering to remove the HD MODULAR FRONT BUMPER from my recently re-ordered '22 Badlands to the STANDARD CAPABLE FRONT BUMPER. The positive for the HD Modular bumper was that the end caps are removable and could accept their winch solution kit. Individuals with front camera, front sensors, and ACC might as well save their money and go with the standard bumper.

Individuals with those features have to see what's available or coming soon from the aftermarket or forget adding a winch if not willing to accept any sacrifices. The way things appear right now, there will be some sort of sacrifices that need to be made no matter which direction you choose to go.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After keeping an eye out for the winch solutions for several months, I've come to the conclusion that the situation is more problematic for individuals with more fully-equipped Broncos. I am now considering to remove the HD MODULAR FRONT BUMPER from my recently re-ordered '22 Badlands to the STANDARD CAPABLE FRONT BUMPER. The positive for the HD Modular bumper was that the end caps are removable and could accept their winch solution kit. Individuals with front camera, front sensors, and ACC might as well save their money and go with the standard bumper.

Individuals with those features have to see what's available or coming soon from the aftermarket or forget adding a winch if not willing to accept any sacrifices. The way things appear right now, there will be some sort of sacrifices that need to be made no matter which direction you choose to go.
I have to admit, initially I was going to order the mod bumper, and the only reason I didn't was that I wanted the fog lights (and thought it was highly likely that I would eventually find something I liked better). At this point in time, I am happy that I did spend the money on it, especially given Ford's winch mounting solution.

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to admit, initially I was going to order the mod bumper, and the only reason I didn't was that I wanted the fog lights (and thought it was highly likely that I would eventually find something I liked better). At this point in time, I am happy that I did spend the money on it, especially given Ford's winch mounting solution.
Yeah, I'm pretty much thinking on those same lines... the capable bumper adds the fogs. I can roll with that until I settle on an aftermarket bumper that retains as much capability and functionality of the OEM features on my vehicle. I think I should reach out to my dealer ASAP.

If I had to choose a winch-capable bumper right now, my choice probably would be ARB's Summit... it's not my favorite in terms of aesthetics, but it appears to retain the front parking sensors, ACC, and less front camera view blockage seems to be possible. It seems like the OEM fog lights can be repurposed on the Summit, too. I do not want to lose much, if any, in approach angle. It looks pretty beefy. Price is not too egregious.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I'm pretty much thinking on those same lines... the capable bumper adds the fogs. I can roll with that until I settle on an aftermarket bumper that retains as much capability and functionality of the OEM features on my vehicle. I think I should reach out to my dealer ASAP.

If I had to choose a winch-capable bumper right now, my choice probably would be ARB's Summit... it's not my favorite in terms of aesthetics, but it appears to retain the front parking sensors, ACC, and less front camera view blockage seems to be possible. It seems like the OEM fog lights can be repurposed on the Summit, too. I do not want to lose much, if any, in approach angle. It looks pretty beefy. Price is not too egregious.
ARB responded to an Instagram comment of mine and said they’re providing a camera relocation bracket. I told them they need to include that in the description 🙄

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

ARB responded to an Instagram comment of mine and said they’re providing a camera relocation bracket. I told them they need to include that in the description 🙄
The ARB bumper does look beefy but I would like to see how far out it is from the front, so a good side view. Hopefully we'll have more pics in 2022 of this and other bumpers

Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ARB bumper does look beefy but I would like to see how far out it is from the front, so a good side view. Hopefully we'll have more pics in 2022 of this and other bumpers
I grabbed this from their Instagram post

2B635BDF-DA1E-41D0-A390-8A6544B88D74.jpeg

D275240D-1273-45C9-B2F3-F9294D3558B7.jpeg

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've called or researched a few of these, so I figured I'd include what I've found or heard from folks on these. The main thing I wanted to find out was:
  • Lead/wait times as of 10/5
  • Compatibility with parking and ACC sensors, front facing camera
  • Compatibility with factory skid
  • Lighting options
I regret I didn't ask about weight on any of them.

4 Wheel Parts - https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/4-wheel-parts-factory-bronco-front-bumper-61268w/_/R-4WPBR-61268W
$1200 + $400 for the winch plate
  • Lead time is 6-8 weeks
  • Blocks front facing camera (mostly)
  • ACC bracket included that mounts the ACC sensor slightly forward, but in the same location in front of the intercooler
  • Works with factory skid
  • Cutouts for 6in foglights
  • Works with parking sensors
Lifestyle Offroad - https://lifestyleoffroad.com/shop/ols/products/2021-ford-bronco-winch-bumper
$1,965
  • Doesn't block camera
  • No support for ACC or parking sensors (as of now, they are working to address both of these things and determined to do so)
  • Includes replacement skid plate
  • No foglights or other lighting options
MaxliderBros - https://shop.maxliderbros.com/colle.../2021-ford-bronco-custom-front-modular-bumper
$3200 + $1229 (for optional brushguard)
  • Does not block front facing camera
  • Supports factory parking sensors
  • Two ACC bracket options: Can be mounted in the bumper or behind the grill with a provided bracket. Some winches won't work with the in bumper mount and require grill mounting, some will allow it to fit in front of the winch.
  • Supports ditch lighting
  • Includes new skid plate
  • Covers crash bars
  • 12-14 week lead time
  • Made by ADD
ADD - https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/ford-bronco-winch-front-bumper
$2400
  • May partially block camera
  • ACC relocation bracket available to move ACC sensor behind bumper
  • More lighting options than other bumpers
  • Works with factory skid
  • 3-4 month wait
  • If you don't want the center light, there is no cover, just a hole
Rough Country - https://www.roughcountry.com/hidden-winch-mount-51054c.html
$309
  • Will not fit mod bumper or 2.7l (trans cooler in the way)
  • Winch types seem restricted to RC or HF winches only (could be mistaken)
  • Places winch behind intercooler
  • Replaces factory skid
  • No impact on ACC or camera
Ford - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ford-accessory-winch-kit-now-available-for-2021-bronco.23033/
$3500 MSRP (looks like you can get it for ~$3k or slightly less)
  • Works with mod bumper
  • Blocks ACC, camera, and parking sensors
  • Winch included
  • Factory option, so all wiring/etc is included
Bodyguard - https://www.bodyguardbumpers.com/bronco-base-front-bumper-winch-mount
$1745 (no guard/light), $2020 (guard/light), + other options
  • Works with ACC relocation, moves it behind mesh on the bumper
  • Lead time is 3-4 weeks as of 10/6
  • Camera on the base bumper is not blocked, Baja relocates it
  • Works with parking sensors
  • Replaces factory skid, 10-ga skid and bumper
  • Can use black fasteners instead of silver
Warn Elite - https://www.warn.com/elite-front-bumper-for-2021-ford-bronco-with-grille-guard-tube-107856-2 or https://www.warn.com/elite-front-bumper-for-2021-ford-bronco-no-grille-guard-tube-107870
$1699 w/o guard, $1799 with guard MSRP (cheaper links below via Northridge 4x4)
ARB Summit (No manufacturer page up yet that I could find, see link below from Northridge)
$1695
  • Lead/wait times: Waiting on an ETA from ARB, they should have one soon.
  • Compatibility with parking sensors: Yes
  • ACC sensors: Yes
  • Front facing camera: Yes, but it does block a little (no more info on how much yet)
  • Compatibility with factory skid: Yes
  • Lighting options: Drilled for aftermarket fog lights
  • Bumper to Flare width: ARB split the difference so it will look good on either stock or Sasq.
  • Thanks to @Tech Tim for the info, purchasing links through him here -> (https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/front-bumpers/3480010-arb-summit-winch-front-bumper)
Bay Area Metal Fabrications - https://www.bayareametalfab.com/2021-FORD-Bronco-Front-Winch-Bumper_p_169.html
$1700 (various options exist)
  • No lead time info currently, preorder starts 11/1/21
  • Optional bracket ($159 addon) for relocating parking and ACC sensors
  • Front facing camera: No confirmed information yet, but location is similar to those that claim the camera isn't blocked
  • Lighting options: Integrated fog light mounts
Current in development (limited details):
Icon - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-icon-intro-from-icon-vehicle-dynamics.24784/
https://dv8offroad.com/pages/ford-bronco

I spoke to ADD, Maxlider, and 4WP on the phone, all were responsive and helpful with questions. I similarly emailed with Lifestyle back and forth, who was real helpful with his experiences wheeling the Bronco near me and his plans.

None of the ACC brackets require recalibration according to folks I spoke with, but may require some fiddling with it to get it to work properly. It sounds like you have to "aim" it. I read some forum posts on the F-150 and Ranger that moved it behind the grill, some worked flawlessly while others had on again/off again issues with it. Bodyguard indicated you might have to go to the dealer to have it recalibrated or reflashed, but I doubt that's unique to them.

Most winch mounts that do not block the camera seem to reduce approach angle somewhat.

If I got anything wrong or missed any, let me know, I'll update the post.

EDIT:
Oct 25 - Added info for Bay Area Metal Fabrications
ADD told me theirs weighs 50 lbs. Curious if anyone knows what a stock bumper weighs? That way we could determine the exact addional weight involved. My Warn EVO 10s Winch is 75lbs, so that's something else to keep in mind. Wondering how much of a squat that will produce with a bumper on stock springs.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tried to find front view with factory bumper. Found this to give an idea.

Ford Bronco Currently available winch solutions for 2021+ Bronco here-s-a-2021-ford-bronco-front-camera-literally-seeing-past-edge-of-the-world_5
Sponsored