Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect the front camera has a great view of the back of that Warn Winch :)
There was a picture on here months ago with the first iteration and it blocked about the bottom 1/3 of the camera view. The top of the winch can be relocated but the bull bar might still be in the way of the camera.

There doesn’t seem to be a perfect solution. If you don’t block the camera the winch is low enough that you loose approach angle and it seems as if it’ll interfere with airflow for the inter cooler.

I could personally care less about loosing the parking sensors, I find those more annoying than helpful. The camera might come in handy every once in a while.
Sponsored

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
a badlands winch on my badlands bronco is my plan
Let me know how you install it
If you find installation kit for modular bumper....
I also bought hf badland

Thanks

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There was a picture on here months ago with the first iteration and it blocked about the bottom 1/3 of the camera view. The top of the winch can be relocated but the bull bar might still be in the way of the camera.

There doesn’t seem to be a perfect solution. If you don’t block the camera the winch is low enough that you loose approach angle and it seems as if it’ll interfere with airflow for the inter cooler.

I could personally care less about loosing the parking sensors, I find those more annoying than helpful. The camera might come in handy every once in a while.
I would agree that at present there isn't a perfect solution, which is one reason I'm glad I'm still waiting..as that will give the aftermarket more time to work on a solution (professional or DIY).
I haven't had a vehicle with parking sensors, so I don't know if they'll bother me or not LOL...I do want to make full use of the front facing camera if possible with a winch as I've test drove a Big Bend and while the front tie downs help know where your wheels are, I plan on exploring some trails solo and being able to use the front camera to help place my wheels along with having a winch on / in the bumper will ease some of my concerns. At least until I get more comfortable with my vehicle and know it better. :)

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really hope we get more firms designing winch mounts that work on the OE mod bumper. I like that bumper just fine, but don't like the idea of paying $3k for Ford's own kit when all I really need is a mount...already have the winch and wiring in hand for an install.
An off road truck AND I have the mod bumper. I shouldn’t need a whole new bumper to allow me to mount a winch.

Someone needs to come up with a simply winch mount. Just a mount.

$3500 or whatever for Ford’s is insane
Totally agree with both posts. I gotta believe someone will make a mount for the modular bumper that’s comparable to the Warn solution but will be a stand alone, cost $400 to $800 and then have the option to add a winch of your choosing.

I actually like the Ford Performance Warn solution best of all so far for the 2.7 since it maintains approach angle, allows the factory recovery points to be used for flat towing and the camera blocking issue might be able to be solved by relocating the winch control pack. Parking sensors aren’t something I use and would probably disable for rock crawling regardless.

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any word on how much it decreases the approach angle. I am totally against giving up this statistic. I'll give up the camera and ACC first.
Thanks.
I ended up going with ADD,,, Maxlider never would answer my call or respond to text. You want my business and $3K of my money,,, you need to talk to me.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The parking sensors are nice to have when parking, but a bit annoying on the trail. I found myself triggering them on steep descents and in ruts.

I ended up going with ADD,,, Maxlider never would answer my call or respond to text. You want my business and $3K of my money,,, you need to talk to me.
Weird, they responded to my texts and I spoke to them on the phone a few times. I agree that if they aren't responsive then that is a big red flag for such an expensive bumper, but it wasn't a problem for me with them.

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The parking sensors are nice to have when parking, but a bit annoying on the trail. I found myself triggering them on steep descents and in ruts.

Weird, they responded to my texts and I spoke to them on the phone a few times. I agree that if they aren't responsive then that is a big red flag for such an expensive bumper, but it wasn't a problem for me with them.

Yeah ,,, I don't know what the problem was, but oh well. I'm happy with the ADD bumper and the communication I've had with ADD.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Totally agree with both posts. I gotta believe someone will make a mount for the modular bumper that’s comparable to the Warn solution but will be a stand alone, cost $400 to $800 and then have the option to add a winch of your choosing.

I actually like the Ford Performance Warn solution best of all so far for the 2.7 since it maintains approach angle, allows the factory recovery points to be used for flat towing and the camera blocking issue might be able to be solved by relocating the winch control pack. Parking sensors aren’t something I use and would probably disable for rock crawling regardless.
Just to be clear, the FP/Warn replaces the tow points with a different form factor. Both cast pieces. The stock are all one piece, the FP have brackets that bolt to the front of the frame horns and have cast winch plate/tow points built in. Both sides of the frame hot are reinforced with the Warn bumpers/mounts. The Warn solutions also have a bolt through the bottom of the frame.

I really want to read up on the ADD/Road armorARB/4wp bumpers to see if they do the same

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any size winch will do if you have enough pulleys. A single pulley will turn a 4K winch into an 8K winch. That handy portable 4K winch and a couple pulleys would be good for an infrequent pull-out (phrasing).

Work = Force Ă— Distance

I just hate spending 2-3 grand on something I will be lugging around 24/7 and only use 2-3 times a month at most.
That works in theory but in practice you want as much winch power as you can afford/fit as well as a bunch of cable length. This is especially true for a heavy vehicle. You never know how far away you are from a solid recovery point.

Back in the day, I had a very heavy off road truck (8300 lbs) and I knew the winch I carried would be the only way I'd move my heavy butt. My winch had 160ft of steel cable and more pulling power than most winches...that extracted me several times when I was buried or I pulled someone out that was very stuck.

My Bronco will be a daily so I'm looking for a winch mount that tucks away a bit.

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting that the rough country doesn't fit the 2.7. The website doesn't mention that. It would be interesting to see if the Rough Country winch mount and skid plate will be made to fit the 2022 Capable bumper on a 2.7 badlands.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting that the rough country doesn't fit the 2.7. The website doesn't mention that. It would be interesting to see if the Rough Country winch mount and skid plate will be made to fit the 2022 Capable bumper on a 2.7 badlands.
I even asked the question about the 2.7 on RC's website, never got an answer. However, given the location of the heat exchanger, you would have to relocate it to make it work. That is totally something that can be done, but will require extra work/parts over the 2.3 unit.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just to be clear, the FP/Warn replaces the tow points with a different form factor. Both cast pieces. The stock are all one piece, the FP have brackets that bolt to the front of the frame horns and have cast winch plate/tow points built in. Both sides of the frame hot are reinforced with the Warn bumpers/mounts. The Warn solutions also have a bolt through the bottom of the frame.

I really want to read up on the ADD/Road armorARB/4wp bumpers to see if they do the same

This is all true - however while the reinforcement is nice I’m not sure it’s 100% necessary.

With my old TJ, I literally bolted a winch to the bumper and she ripped me out of DEEP ditches many a time with no bending or damage
Sponsored