Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is also Bay Area metal fabrication
7F86607B-FDA6-44E9-AB14-A16DC0208882.jpeg
Ah, details on this one weren't available when I posted it. I'll add them to the post now that their site for it is up
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any size winch will do if you have enough pulleys. A single pulley will turn a 4K winch into an 8K winch. That handy portable 4K winch and a couple pulleys would be good for an infrequent pull-out (phrasing).

Work = Force × Distance

I just hate spending 2-3 grand on something I will be lugging around 24/7 and only use 2-3 times a month at most.
This absolutely works, assuming you can reliably have adequate pullies and a solid object (and adequate mounting) that can take the multiplying load on the anchor.

In the woods you would likely be fine with a very rarely felled tree. But I can't see the pully strategy being reliable in open areas and some remote stretches. Especially as you're reducing the working range of your winch line by half or more.

https://www.exploringoverland.com/o...ot-so-simple-the-simple-redirected-winch-pull

So your system replaces cost with a strong assumption of favorable conditions when you're bogged down, the kind of conditions which could bog you down in the first place.... Not to mention you're going to be lugging around non-trivial equipment that is robust, substantial and certainly not light weight.

As always, there is a problem for every solution, your strategy has slightly different problems which need fixing. Better? Up to interpretation. Cheaper? Depends on the rigging.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Really hope we get more firms designing winch mounts that work on the OE mod bumper. I like that bumper just fine, but don't like the idea of paying $3k for Ford's own kit when all I really need is a mount...already have the winch and wiring in hand for an install.
There are few things in both the Warn bumper and Warn winch mount to take note of. They reinforce the front frame horns from behind. Both have similar style brackets to do this. I would check any other manufacturers mounting instructions to see if they do the same thing as Warn. I believe that Warn's involvement in the design of the Ford Performance kit lead them to understand the need to do that.

I am also thinking about purchasing the Ford Kit to understand what is involved, and possibly make a run of 10 or so kits to make up for my investment. I believe that someone could integrate the parking sensors at least, maybe raise the winch plate slightly to keep the ACC happy and in an ideal world, relocate the camera..

Waiting on my Ford Pass points and then I am 90% sure that is what I am going to do...

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are few things in both the Warn bumper and Warn winch mount to take note of. They reinforce the front frame horns from behind. Both have similar style brackets to do this. I would check any other manufacturers mounting instructions to see if they do the same thing as Warn. I believe that Warn's involvement in the design of the Ford Performance kit lead them to understand the need to do that.

I am also thinking about purchasing the Ford Kit to understand what is involved, and possibly make a run of 10 or so kits to make up for my investment. I believe that someone could integrate the parking sensors at least, maybe raise the winch plate slightly to keep the ACC happy and in an ideal world, relocate the camera..

Waiting on my Ford Pass points and then I am 90% sure that is what I am going to do...
Keep me posted; I'd be interested in one.

OP
OP

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe that someone could integrate the parking sensors at least, maybe raise the winch plate slightly to keep the ACC happy and in an ideal world, relocate the camera..

If I had gotten the 100k extra points, then I would have done this very thing. Worst case I sell the mount and keep the winch for another bumper.

There is a youtube video of someone installing it and the install instructions are posted somewhere here, I can try to find them again, that should give you an idea of what is involved and what the parts look like. I personally am a bit baffled they didn't raise it up to prevent interference with the ACC sensor and add compatibility with the parking sensors, seems like both of those things wouldn't be a huge effort.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If I had gotten the 100k extra points, then I would have done this very thing. Worst case I sell the mount and keep the winch for another bumper.

There is a youtube video of someone installing it and the install instructions are posted somewhere here, I can try to find them again, that should give you an idea of what is involved and what the parts look like. I personally am a bit baffled they didn't raise it up to prevent interference with the ACC sensor and add compatibility with the parking sensors, seems like both of those things wouldn't be a huge effort.
I already messaged him and tried to buy the mount parts direct.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Neither my Bronco or Bumper have arrived. Get the Bronco Saturday and bumper is supposed to ship this week.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

An off road truck AND I have the mod bumper. I shouldn’t need a whole new bumper to allow me to mount a winch.

Someone needs to come up with a simply winch mount. Just a mount.

$3500 or whatever for Ford’s is insane

Sponsored

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport & '08Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My local dealer demo got the Warn/Ford setup
Ford Bronco Currently available winch solutions for 2021+ Bronco 6E3D0D72-BB99-4527-AC9E-D4969DDCF489
Ford Bronco Currently available winch solutions for 2021+ Bronco A8560AE4-6325-4A15-88E1-C96CA12789BF
Ford Bronco Currently available winch solutions for 2021+ Bronco D1952905-212A-4CE6-B97E-EE8325D618BC

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My local dealer demo got the Warn/Ford setup
Ford Bronco Currently available winch solutions for 2021+ Bronco D1952905-212A-4CE6-B97E-EE8325D618BC
I suspect the front camera has a great view of the back of that Warn Winch :)

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This absolutely works, assuming you can reliably have adequate pullies and a solid object (and adequate mounting) that can take the multiplying load on the anchor.

In the woods you would likely be fine with a very rarely felled tree. But I can't see the pully strategy being reliable in open areas and some remote stretches. Especially as you're reducing the working range of your winch line by half or more.

https://www.exploringoverland.com/o...ot-so-simple-the-simple-redirected-winch-pull

So your system replaces cost with a strong assumption of favorable conditions when you're bogged down, the kind of conditions which could bog you down in the first place.... Not to mention you're going to be lugging around non-trivial equipment that is robust, substantial and certainly not light weight.

As always, there is a problem for every solution, your strategy has slightly different problems which need fixing. Better? Up to interpretation. Cheaper? Depends on the rigging.
100% of the wheeling I do is with a group and is 100% in these conditions.

I think for anyone doing trail riding in the woods, a portable winch/pulley system is the way to go.

FB40ECA0-D309-4160-A79A-3DFFC65A827A.jpeg

495ABEF7-D28B-49B3-B03A-E183F51161C1.jpeg
Sponsored