chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is all true - however while the reinforcement is nice I’m not sure it’s 100% necessary.

With my old TJ, I literally bolted a winch to the bumper and she ripped me out of DEEP ditches many a time with no bending or damage
hmm "Ford and Warn don't what they are doing" is essentially what you are saying...

95% probably Ok, till it isn't
Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

hmm "Ford and Warn don't what they are doing" is essentially what you are saying...

95% probably Ok, till it isn't

Not what I’m saying - also worked as a launch engineer for Ford. :)

I’m not telling anyone else to do anything, however, when produced by an OEM everything is over engineered in effort to prevent failure or safety issues - which is cool. However, if Ford produced this bronco in a way in which a winch can’t be reasonably mounted for less than $3k (or whatever such number) then I’m a little disappointed.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to be clear, the FP/Warn replaces the tow points with a different form factor. Both cast pieces. The stock are all one piece, the FP have brackets that bolt to the front of the frame horns and have cast winch plate/tow points built in. Both sides of the frame hot are reinforced with the Warn bumpers/mounts. The Warn solutions also have a bolt through the bottom of the frame.

I really want to read up on the ADD/Road armorARB/4wp bumpers to see if they do the same
This is great information. Where’d you find it? (Edit: Disregard, I found it in the winch installation instruction. It does describe the part as “Recovery Forging” so I assume the parts are forged and not cast so they should be plenty strong for flat towing). I’d like to review to ensure I‘m comfortable with flat towing after the winch is mounted should I choose this route. I was told at the Bronco Off-Rodeo by the staff there that each of the factory recovery points are rated to 1.5 the vehicle‘s weight or 7,500# each so 15,000# total which makes me super comfortable using those.

Last edited:

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would agree that at present there isn't a perfect solution, which is one reason I'm glad I'm still waiting..as that will give the aftermarket more time to work on a solution (professional or DIY).
I haven't had a vehicle with parking sensors, so I don't know if they'll bother me or not LOL...I do want to make full use of the front facing camera if possible with a winch as I've test drove a Big Bend and while the front tie downs help know where your wheels are, I plan on exploring some trails solo and being able to use the front camera to help place my wheels along with having a winch on / in the bumper will ease some of my concerns. At least until I get more comfortable with my vehicle and know it better. :)
Did some off roading this weekend with a Badlands...Ford sponsored event. I can say that it was nice to glance down and see what was coming up on the trail when I couldn't see over the hood based on my incline. Took me a bit to get used to it because I always think it was showing just my rear. So I don't want to lose that functionality either.

Reactions: ogo

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

But they’re all ugly. 😩 I’ll just continue to wait patiently

Reactions: Jdc

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just reviewing the Bodyguard Baja Bumper. As mentioned in the first post in this thread that bumper has a camera relocation kit and it appears they’re going to sell that as an option for the Baja Bumper or maybe even standalon. It appears to be a cable and mount and could probably be made to work with your preferred choice of winch bumper if the camera is a big deal for you.

I‘m personally pretty good about remembering where obstacles are on a trail as long as I’m moving but when I have to stop for a short amount of time (say when I’m following someone or see something I want to take a look at when hunting) I quickly forget exactly where the obstacles are and a camera would be real nice in those situations.

One good thing about not having a delivery date is the aftermarket will come along with solutions or Ford will pull their heads out and move the camera higher or offer a relocate kit.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not need this but now this thread makes me want it.

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've called or researched a few of these, so I figured I'd include what I've found or heard from folks on these. The main thing I wanted to find out was:
  • Lead/wait times as of 10/5
  • Compatibility with parking and ACC sensors, front facing camera
  • Compatibility with factory skid
  • Lighting options
I regret I didn't ask about weight on any of them.

4 Wheel Parts - https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/4-wheel-parts-factory-bronco-front-bumper-61268w/_/R-4WPBR-61268W
$1200 + $400 for the winch plate
  • Lead time is 6-8 weeks
  • Blocks front facing camera (mostly)
  • ACC bracket included that mounts the ACC sensor slightly forward, but in the same location in front of the intercooler
  • Works with factory skid
  • Cutouts for 6in foglights
  • Works with parking sensors
Lifestyle Offroad - https://lifestyleoffroad.com/shop/ols/products/2021-ford-bronco-winch-bumper
$1,965
  • Doesn't block camera
  • No support for ACC or parking sensors (as of now, they are working to address both of these things and determined to do so)
  • Includes replacement skid plate
  • No foglights or other lighting options
MaxliderBros - https://shop.maxliderbros.com/colle.../2021-ford-bronco-custom-front-modular-bumper
$3200 + $1229 (for optional brushguard)
  • Does not block front facing camera
  • Supports factory parking sensors
  • Two ACC bracket options: Can be mounted in the bumper or behind the grill with a provided bracket. Some winches won't work with the in bumper mount and require grill mounting, some will allow it to fit in front of the winch.
  • Supports ditch lighting
  • Includes new skid plate
  • Covers crash bars
  • 12-14 week lead time
  • Made by ADD
ADD - https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/ford-bronco-winch-front-bumper
$2400
  • May partially block camera
  • ACC relocation bracket available to move ACC sensor behind bumper
  • More lighting options than other bumpers
  • Works with factory skid
  • 3-4 month wait
  • If you don't want the center light, there is no cover, just a hole
Rough Country - https://www.roughcountry.com/hidden-winch-mount-51054c.html
$309
  • Will not fit mod bumper or 2.7l (trans cooler in the way)
  • Winch types seem restricted to RC or HF winches only (could be mistaken)
  • Places winch behind intercooler
  • Replaces factory skid
  • No impact on ACC or camera
Ford - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ford-accessory-winch-kit-now-available-for-2021-bronco.23033/
$3500 MSRP (looks like you can get it for ~$3k or slightly less)
  • Works with mod bumper
  • Blocks ACC, camera, and parking sensors
  • Winch included
  • Factory option, so all wiring/etc is included
Bodyguard - https://www.bodyguardbumpers.com/bronco-base-front-bumper-winch-mount
$1745 (no guard/light), $2020 (guard/light), + other options
  • Works with ACC relocation, moves it behind mesh on the bumper
  • Lead time is 3-4 weeks as of 10/6
  • Camera on the base bumper is not blocked, Baja relocates it
  • Works with parking sensors
  • Replaces factory skid, 10-ga skid and bumper
  • Can use black fasteners instead of silver
Warn Elite - https://www.warn.com/elite-front-bumper-for-2021-ford-bronco-with-grille-guard-tube-107856-2 or https://www.warn.com/elite-front-bumper-for-2021-ford-bronco-no-grille-guard-tube-107870
$1699 w/o guard, $1799 with guard MSRP (cheaper links below via Northridge 4x4)
ARB Summit (No manufacturer page up yet that I could find, see link below from Northridge)
$1695
  • Lead/wait times: Waiting on an ETA from ARB, they should have one soon.
  • Compatibility with parking sensors: Yes
  • ACC sensors: Yes
  • Front facing camera: Yes, but it does block a little (no more info on how much yet)
  • Compatibility with factory skid: Yes
  • Lighting options: Drilled for aftermarket fog lights
  • Bumper to Flare width: ARB split the difference so it will look good on either stock or Sasq.
  • Thanks to @Tech Tim for the info, purchasing links through him here -> (https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/front-bumpers/3480010-arb-summit-winch-front-bumper)
Bay Area Metal Fabrications - https://www.bayareametalfab.com/2021-FORD-Bronco-Front-Winch-Bumper_p_169.html
$1700 (various options exist)
  • No lead time info currently, preorder starts 11/1/21
  • Optional bracket ($159 addon) for relocating parking and ACC sensors
  • Front facing camera: No confirmed information yet, but location is similar to those that claim the camera isn't blocked
  • Lighting options: Integrated fog light mounts
Current in development (limited details):
Icon - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-icon-intro-from-icon-vehicle-dynamics.24784/

I spoke to ADD, Maxlider, and 4WP on the phone, all were responsive and helpful with questions. I similarly emailed with Lifestyle back and forth, who was real helpful with his experiences wheeling the Bronco near me and his plans.

None of the ACC brackets require recalibration according to folks I spoke with, but may require some fiddling with it to get it to work properly. It sounds like you have to "aim" it. I read some forum posts on the F-150 and Ranger that moved it behind the grill, some worked flawlessly while others had on again/off again issues with it. Bodyguard indicated you might have to go to the dealer to have it recalibrated or reflashed, but I doubt that's unique to them.

Most winch mounts that do not block the camera seem to reduce approach angle somewhat.

If I got anything wrong or missed any, let me know, I'll update the post.

EDIT:
Oct 25 - Added info for Bay Area Metal Fabrications
Dv8 has a hidden winch coming out

Sponsored

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the BAMF one. I would paint those silver grill things black, but that is the best one so far that I have seen.

OP
OP

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did they both get added?
There isn't a lot of info on the DV8 bumper out yet, their website isn't completed for it, but I added it under the 'needs more info' section.

I'll have to call Road Armor or email them to get some of the info since they don't specifically address it (mainly the ACC sensor). I'll try to do that today

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any size winch will do if you have enough pulleys. A single pulley will turn a 4K winch into an 8K winch. That handy portable 4K winch and a couple pulleys would be good for an infrequent pull-out (phrasing).

Work = Force × Distance

I just hate spending 2-3 grand on something I will be lugging around 24/7 and only use 2-3 times a month at most.
My Warn EVO 10S winch was only ~$550. I'd rather have it and not need it then not have it and need it. If you have to pay for a recovery service, it will not be cheap either. You don't have to pay $2-3k for a quality winch.
Sponsored