First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Saw this in a RC video yesterday. Looks like they finally have a modular bumper solution. Sadly, no ETA yet per customer service.

Screenshot_20211026-230824__01.jpg

Screenshot_20211026-230837.jpg
It will probably have the same issue with the 2.7's as the other one does. The placement of that heat exchanger on the 2.7 is right where you would likely put the Winch as best as I can tell. Also I haven't seen a kit to relocate that heat exchanger, so you would likely have to roll your own. The RC winch mount plate however is a standard 10x4.5 bolt pattern used by most winches including Warn.
Sponsored

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2014 Flex Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Luckily our Badlands is a 2.3l, so it should work fine for us. Hopefully they make a solution for the 2.7 for relocation, otherwise they are cutting a big chunk of the market off.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest takeaway: If you're hardcore off-roading and expect to use it a lot, get the Zeon. If you want a winch to use sporadically or to have just in case you need one, get the EVO.
Since I wheel the majority of the time by myself I buy the best I can find. If you wheel with others that can help you then get a cheaper one.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Come on RC, you can do it! Mod bumper with 2.7 and you will have a customer in me.

But with ski season around the corner, I wont have a need for a winch until the snow clears and I get back out camping and off-roading. I'm hoping it works out because I like this solution the best for what I need.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw this in a RC video yesterday. Looks like they finally have a modular bumper solution. Sadly, no ETA yet per customer service.

Thanks! I was going to order the existing and modify per the video previously posted. I’ll wait a bit longer for something specific to the mod bumper!

Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Newb question: For winch solutions on the Bronco, is there any reason to get more than an 8k lb winch? More safety factor the main reason?

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Newb question: For winch solutions on the Bronco, is there any reason to get more than an 8k lb winch? More safety factor the main reason?
The more the better. If you get a winch too small it will overheat and you will have to wait for it to cool down. If a Badlands weighs around 5k lbs you would want a 10k

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You typically want 1.5x the curb weight, so an 8k winch would be cutting it close if you're actually carrying stuff in your Bronco.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You typically want 1.5x the curb weight, so an 8k winch would be cutting it close if you're actually carrying stuff in your Bronco.
Totally agree the last 2 posts. I got the 10k for my 4Runner and will be putting it on the new Bronco as well.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, keep in mind that mud sucks hard. I’ve been stuck in deep mud in a friends 70’s Bronco that took two full size trucks to extract. So yeah, upsizing the winch is always a good idea.

Sponsored

TBoneBronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't love the placement of the Ford/Warn unit. I do believe that the Warn unit that comes from Ford is the Zeon 10 S, not the Evo:
https://www.warn.com/zeon-10s-winch-89611
That one lists for $1,753.99 on the Warn site.
That doesn't make $3500 for the whole thing any cheaper, but it puts the winch in a little better light.
I'm still not sure what I would do. I have a while to figure it out until reconfigure my '22...

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Where did you see this video - I must be using the wrong search terms as I could not find it. Was it just a glimpse of it that you caught or did they actually mention it as 'a future product'?

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here's the video. Definitely future/current products show case.

I could be wrong, but I think this hidden winch solution works for the 2.3L and not the 2.7L. Still a pretty nice look overall.
**Edit** Just looked at their website and scrolling to the bottom in the Notes section, they state it will not work for the 2.7L engine. Looks like a good option for 2.3L people

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I could be wrong, but I think this hidden winch solution works for the 2.3L and not the 2.7L. Still a pretty nice look overall.
**Edit** Just looked at their website and scrolling to the bottom in the Notes section, they state it will not work for the 2.7L engine. Looks like a good option for 2.3L people
I'm glad they updated it.

I am still going to try to use it, but I know that I will have to relocate the heat exchanger and re-route the plumbing to it to make it work.
Sponsored