Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haven't gotten my bronco yet.....:cautious:

By the looks of the kit, I'm think it'll be worth it to me to have the dealer install it when I take delivery..
Ford Bronco Curt Class II Trailer Hitch -- the $111 DIY Hitch that Looks Good IMG_4977

Ford Bronco Curt Class II Trailer Hitch -- the $111 DIY Hitch that Looks Good IMG_4977
Did it come with instructions?

Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would spend the $120 all day on this over a catch can, I am in love already, I'll order it as soon as my Bronco ship.

Sponsored

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder why they cannot come up with a tail light plug and play like they make for the Jeep. Those instructions look complicated.
Same type of bolt on hitch, the wiring seems ridiculous.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder why they cannot come up with a tail light plug and play like they make for the Jeep. Those instructions look complicated.
Same type of bolt on hitch, the wiring seems ridiculous.
Because the tail/brake lights are fed via pulses from the BCM, there isn't enough power to reach any kind of trailer lights. It appears to me the trailer controller is basically a relay box, controlled from the tail/brake lights. They use a direct feed off of the battery to actually power the trailer lights. I assume it's using solid state relays so you don't get the chattering from the pulses.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You'll also lose trailer sway control, and the adjustable rear proximity sensors/blind spot sensors which adjust their focus, aim and sensitivity based on the size of trailer you're towing.

That's all 7-pin stuff you won't be having with the 4-pin.

Plenty of Ranger folks went through this in 2019 when it launched. Eventually after a half dozen folks pulled their hair out on a long drawn out install with a bunch of extra parts and broken trim piece clips, then the fight to bring those functions alive via FORSCAN, they would simply order the factory hitch which has 4 and 7-pin ports.

Not to say anyone is right or wrong here, just that it's a lot of work to save $150. Like Linux, assuming your time is worthless, this is worth doing.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'll also lose trailer sway control, and the adjustable rear proximity sensors/blind spot sensors which adjust their focus, aim and sensitivity based on the size of trailer you're towing.

That's all 7-pin stuff you won't be having with the 4-pin.

Plenty of Ranger folks went through this in 2019 when it launched. Eventually after a half dozen folks pulled their hair out on a long drawn out install with a bunch of extra parts and broken trim piece clips, then the fight to bring those functions alive via FORSCAN, they would simply order the factory hitch which has 4 and 7-pin ports.

Not to say anyone is right or wrong here, just that it's a lot of work to save $150. Like Linux, assuming your time is worthless, this is worth doing.
Yep. With my f150, the rear sensors auto shutoff when a trailer is connected. When trailer is connected (after initial setup), I select which trailer I'm towing and it automatically adjusts the blind-spot sensors.
Sponsored