Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good. I ordered one for mine, this one is a no-brainer over the stock one, as you lose no clearance compared to stock and it’s 1/3 of the price.

OP
OP
Gangstead

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

not necessarily. Ford's is a 2" and its a class II. They make class II in 2".
That's news to me. I'd always heard Class II = 1.25" and Class III = 2"

Curt's website has just left me even more confused. https://www.curtmfg.com/types-trailer-hitches#HitchClasses

They say:
Class II = 1.25" and up to 3500 lb capacity and 350 lb tongue weight.
Class III = 2" and up to 8000 lb capacity and 800 lb tongue weight.

Then the Curt hitch for the Bronco says it's class III ... with a capacity of 3500 lb and 350 lb tongue weight so it's class III opening, class II rating according to their own documents. So I don't know what's what any more.

Edit to add that the towing capacity of the Bronco is up to 3500 lbs (depending model) which is the class II range.

Last edited:

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s a class 3.
Its more of a heavy duty Class 2 hitch.......if you look at the specs its 3,500 lbs/350 tongue weight or 4,000 lb/400 lb tongue weight with a WDH. A true Class 3 hitch has a 5,000 lb tow weight rating/500 lb tongue weight minimum with some having a higher weight rating.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to know how your spare tire is not only clean, but also so shiny.

OP
OP
Gangstead

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to know how your spare tire is not only clean, but also so shiny.
I got a $10 spray can of tire shine from Autozone. It does make it super sticky though. I brushed against it putting the soft top panels back on and totally ruined a shirt with some permanent black residue.

I think/hope there are other tire shines that don't make it so sticky.

OP
OP
Gangstead

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What about wiring harness installation?
I'm waiting for a harness solution from etrailer.com or other such site. I'm also following along with this thread where @flip might be making a kit. I'm sure one of those will come through with a 4 pin harness for less than the $110 Ford one.

When I do get it I'm going to keep the harness under the back board with the spare tire and other stuff. Then when I want to tow I just unroll the wire and shut the back gate on it. This is how I've done it for my previous non-SUV cars (Outback and Odyssey) and it's nice and clean and the connector isn't exposed to the elements for the 364 days a year I'm not towing.

Offroad Otaku

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquash, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I ordered August 21st it was showing it would be here 5 days later. Then I got the actual shipping confirmation September 13th. It still took 4 days to go from the south end of Dallas to the north end. I think shipping everywhere is taking longer than usual, probably going to be a mess for online christmas shopping.
For me I ordered on 8-23 and heard nothing from Realtruck until I sent a support ticket on 9-7 about if they have the part or not. I got no response. So I put in a ticket to cancel on 9-9. And on 9-10 around 10am they got back to me saying they have my order in their system but no tracking info yet. Then later at 9pm I got a tracking number. But Fedex didn't receive the product until 9-13. But the product did come in today. So I have it now after 3 weeks of waiting. I just needed to share / vent.

Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered August 9th and got 3 shipping delay notices. Sound familiar?

After chat inquiry I received tracking with delivery for yesterday. Now it says delivery on Monday. Still don’t have Bronco - LOL.

Anyways - they’ve seen fit to email me about 1000 spam emails, so I’ll count that as better communication than I’ve gotten from FMC. Just grumpy today and looking forward to my part stash growing! It looks clean and is just what I wanted, so I’ll chalk it up as a win - WHEN IT GETS HERE!
Sound familiar??
Nope

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great OP!

As much time as I spend on this web site, I should know the answer to this, but can anyone say if the trailer package is still a constrained item? Sorry for the hijack OP. Thanks!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Outstanding....I was hoping it was going to be as easy to install as the one on my Wrangler. Thanks for the pics, and tips.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great OP!

As much time as I spend on this web site, I should know the answer to this
, but can anyone say if the trailer package is still a constrained item? Sorry for the hijack OP. Thanks!
Not to worry Bob. I haven't heard anything to the contrary, and will guess that when things get to crankin' the tow package will still be on the constraint list. Just like the 2.7L, and the LUX package. Both of which are on my order. :)

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's news to me. I'd always heard Class II = 1.25" and Class III = 2"

Curt's website has just left me even more confused. https://www.curtmfg.com/types-trailer-hitches#HitchClasses

They say:
Class II = 1.25" and up to 3500 lb capacity and 350 lb tongue weight.
Class III = 2" and up to 8000 lb capacity and 800 lb tongue weight.

Then the Curt hitch for the Bronco says it's class III ... with a capacity of 3500 lb and 350 lb tongue weight so it's class III opening, class II rating according to their own documents. So I don't know what's what any more.

Edit to add that the towing capacity of the Bronco is up to 3500 lbs (depending model) which is the class II range.
this is exactly why i asked. my class III on my LR was rated for 7700#
Sponsored