Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip may have some insight into this. If I had to guess though, I'd say it's so that you had to buy the tow package from them instead of the aftermarket.
It could probably be done with a tail light converter and add on brake controller. All the wiring would have to be run and wouldn’t have trailer sway control. Why at least a 4 pin was not included from the factory is beyond me.
Sponsored

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered my Curt #13493 from RealTruck on 9/14 for $120 OTD, and it just arrived today via FedEx. I still need something to bolt it onto... but that's another story. I'll keep the beers in the fridge for another couple weeks I guess.

Sponsored

Rendo

Wildtrak
First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Super easy install!!! You need to torque the bolts down to 110lbs. Forces you to say out loud "that aint going nowhere"
IMG_5356.jpg
IMG_5360.jpg
IMG_5361.jpg
IMG_5358.jpg
IMG_5362.JPG
@NewBroncoOwner, I was wondering where you got the Red Tow Shackles for your Bronco? My Carbon Grey Bronco is scheduled to be delivered by Oct 22nd and was wondering how they would look, but after seeing them on yours, I'm sold! Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ordered my Curt #13493 from RealTruck on 9/14 for $120 OTD, and it just arrived today via FedEx. I still need something to bolt it onto... but that's another story. I'll keep the beers in the fridge for another couple weeks I guess.
I ordered the same from RealTruck this past Wednesday. It arrived this morning and it took all of 15 minutes to mount up. Best $120.00 spent in a long time!!!!

kyle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just ordered one - now to see if my bike rack will work :)

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had one installed two weeks ago. I haven't used it yet, but I want the option to put a basket or rack on the back.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so, if the ford part is rated as class II, what makes the kurt class III?
I'm pretty sure it's the size (same size as a class 4 so I can use my truck hitch) and I think it can tow up to 6800 pounds. Of course, the Bronco can't tow that much. I got the class 3 because I already have the equipment to use with it. Also, that is pretty much the only one that the shop could order at the moment with the shortages.

Sponsored

Sanner

Wildtrak
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok… someone help me here… I’m an old school guy and am used to a class 3 weighing about 75 pounds and going frame rail to frame rail… this appears much smaller which I would think would not be able to manage the leverage a class 3 would take… it looks a little heavier than the old boat hitches you used to bolt onto your bumper (remember when cars had real metal bumpers? :) ) … anyhow… it just seems a little weak to me… but then again, the towing capacity of the Bronco is around 3k… so maybe it is engineered to handle that… ugh… thoughts?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just ordered one - now to see if my bike rack will work :)
Get ready to buy an extender Kyle. The rack I have was just short enough it wouldn't clear the spare tire on my Jeep. I just order one of these Allen racks. I like that I can open the tailgate with this one. Haven't tried it yet, but it's built well.

This one is designed to fit around the third brake light on the Jeep JL. There's another that fits one with a regular third light. I got it cheaper off of Amazon.

https://allen.bike/products/deluxe-spare-tire-rack

OP
OP
Gangstead

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok… someone help me here… I’m an old school guy and am used to a class 3 weighing about 75 pounds and going frame rail to frame rail… this appears much smaller which I would think would not be able to manage the leverage a class 3 would take… it looks a little heavier than the old boat hitches you used to bolt onto your bumper (remember when cars had real metal bumpers? :) ) … anyhow… it just seems a little weak to me… but then again, the towing capacity of the Bronco is around 3k… so maybe it is engineered to handle that… ugh… thoughts?
It fits around the frame member that goes across the back. The frame already has 4 bolt holes in it.

connor'sdad

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 1995 EB bronco and 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just ordered one! prolly wont tow with it, but will haul bikes and add a basket. Thanks for the info it saved me 25 bucks. i know not much, but i just purchased a 22 F 250 lariat and a 21 bronco so it helps! haha

Pixel R

Outer Banks
First Name
Pixel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tacoma 2016
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For some reason, mine doesn't fit at all. And I have the rear bumper with the sensor, and there are no space fo the screws to go all the way inside the bumper. Any advice?
Sponsored