Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the Curt Hitch delivered yesterday. Ordered through RealTruck.com link found here on the forum for $111 ($120 including tax).

Someone on the forum had asked if it came with the mounting bolts, it does.

IMG_20210916_173240956.jpg

IMG_20210916_173258952.jpg

Not a lot of clearance so you have to get the nut on before pushing the bolt all the way in. Can barely get your fingers in there, but it's possible with a 3/4" wrench. HD Modular bumper pictured.

IMG_20210916_173855444.jpg

Curt Hitch installed 2021 Ford Bronco.png

It's barely a 1 beer job at 15 minutes. Hardest part is getting 110 ft-lbs toque lying down on your back and reaching up. I'm happy. Definitely a good deal compared to $350 for the OEM Ford one.

Update:

Profile pics for anyone who is concerned about clearance and departure angles. It doesn't stick out any further than the bumper and the recovery loop thing is still the lowest thing hanging.

IMG_20210917_155039372.jpg
IMG_20210917_155033873.jpg
Perfect. I'll be sure to stretch my install to 3 beers.
Sponsored

projectrally

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 RF / Factory Five 818 / 2018 CX-5 GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great. Thanks for posting. I ordered the same Curt hitch for my Bronco, which is same color and trim as yours, about three weeks ago. Hasn’t shipped yet. How long ago did you order yours?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hardest part is getting 110 ft-lbs toque lying down on your back
I think the Curt bolts are a little to long. Seemed like as I tighted them they pressed into the bumper.
It's interesting that the Draw-Tite only torques to 75 ft-lbs.
Curt appears to differ from Draw-Tite as it doesn't have any mounting point for the wiring plug.
Ford's hitch appears more robust with an extended back plate and plug mounting shelf.

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ordered the Ford hitch and have it sitting in my garage waiting for my Bronco. My logic was that I like the round holes for the bolts with the welded nut on the factory hitch as opposed to the oval holes on the Curt. I figure if I ever have to use a shackle from the hitch the factory hitch is less likely to move and cause any damage to the frame as compared to the Curt. I also figured Ford would know what size bolts and placement is best in case of an accident. All that being said I like the looks of the Curt hitch better over the Ford hitch as I don't plan to mount a wiring harness. There is a small part of me that wants to order the Curt and sell the Ford due to looks alone, but I figure function first. I have too much time to think about something like a hitch while waiting for my Bronco...hah.

Sponsored

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going to order that, I have a Thule bike rack that requires the 2 in receiver.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im assuming you still have to order a wiring harness separately? This would still be good for a hitch recovery connection or one of those racks. Im looking to be able to tow a small 17 ft fishing boat so ill need a 4 pin connection.
You are in for some major disappointment if your looking for simple wiring...

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to order that, I have a Thule bike rack that requires the 2 in receiver.
While I have never used it , Jegs has a price match on the Curt and they could be a different source from the Curt's factory

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered this hitch weeks ago from RealTruck.com. Haven't heard a thing since. I came here again today, read this post, opened my email...and RealTruck says my hitch shipped today! Bronco6g has magical powers!! Gotta go eat my pineapple pizza now.

OP
OP
Gangstead

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered this hitch weeks ago from RealTruck.com. Haven't heard a thing since. I came here again today, read this post, opened my email...and RealTruck says my hitch shipped today! Bronco6g has magical powers!! Gotta go eat my pineapple pizza now.
You're welcome

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice. Mine finally shipped today after almost three weeks. Now about the wiring...🤔
Sponsored