2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7 pins are for electric brakes, not normally used on single axle trailers under 3500#
However there are states that differ. Like here in CO, its trailer GVWR of 3,000 or greater require trailer brakes. My offroad camper trailer weighs more than the 3k lbs.
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

7 pins are for electric brakes, not normally used on single axle trailers under 3500#
Sure, but they offer 7-pin with the factory Tow Package.

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When I ordered August 21st it was showing it would be here 5 days later. Then I got the actual shipping confirmation September 13th. It still took 4 days to go from the south end of Dallas to the north end. I think shipping everywhere is taking longer than usual, probably going to be a mess for online christmas shopping.
Ordered on the 31st. Received on the 16th…..
Ford Bronco Curt Hitch (Class III) Installed on 2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4-Door B890BE25-E56C-4A9C-95BC-6127FE728B65

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This appears to be the same product visually but the part number is a little off.

CURT 13392 Class 3 Trailer Hitch, 2-Inch Receiver, Compatible with Select Jeep Wrangler JL , Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CC2TLB...abc_45GBPPZ6M67H9RTH15QT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Cheaper and ships overnight. Returns are easy with amazon but if it doesn't work then I have to return and wait the long ship time with realtruck.com

Should I take the gamble?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

However there are states that differ. Like here in CO, its trailer GVWR of 3,000 or greater require trailer brakes. My offroad camper trailer weighs more than the 3k lbs.
I've mostly towed boats of all sizes, and they all had surge brakes.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waiting for a harness solution from etrailer.com or other such site. I'm also following along with this thread where @flip might be making a kit. I'm sure one of those will come through with a 4 pin harness for less than the $110 Ford one.

When I do get it I'm going to keep the harness under the back board with the spare tire and other stuff. Then when I want to tow I just unroll the wire and shut the back gate on it. This is how I've done it for my previous non-SUV cars (Outback and Odyssey) and it's nice and clean and the connector isn't exposed to the elements for the 364 days a year I'm not towing.
Reese makes the one for Ford. Don’t recall the number but was on backorder on Summit last time I checked about a month ago. My “kit” is basically two terminals to hook into the factory TT wiring in the back. Still have to tap into the rear light wires.

I’ll try to find the Reese number and post it. I’ve got several hundred terminals and one of the write ups shows how to do. If you can crimp a wire, you can do it.

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think the Curt bolts are a little to long. Seemed like as I tighted them they pressed into the bumper.
It's interesting that the Draw-Tite only torques to 75 ft-lbs.
Curt appears to differ from Draw-Tite as it doesn't have any mounting point for the wiring plug.
Ford's hitch appears more robust with an extended back plate and plug mounting shelf.
I just checked the directions on the Ford hitch to compare and the bolts torque to 82 ft-lbs or 110 Nm.

Sponsored

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how it would perform in a recovery situation, since that's the only thing i use my hitch for on my FJ.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Then why can't it be wired aftermarket?
@flip may have some insight into this. If I had to guess though, I'd say it's so that you had to buy the tow package from them instead of the aftermarket.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ill get a hitch just so I can put my bicycle or motorcycle carrier on, or shove a hitch in there for protection from a rear end crash. But honestly I wouldn't tow hardly anything with that tiny thing, especially since I have a diesel truck and SUV with REAL hitches. That thing is kind of a joke IMO.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This appears to be the same product visually but the part number is a little off.

CURT 13392 Class 3 Trailer Hitch, 2-Inch Receiver, Compatible with Select Jeep Wrangler JL , Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CC2TLB...abc_45GBPPZ6M67H9RTH15QT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Cheaper and ships overnight. Returns are easy with amazon but if it doesn't work then I have to return and wait the long ship time with realtruck.com

Should I take the gamble?
No. Bolt holes may not line up if it doesnt say Bronco.
Sponsored