Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did anyone ground the white (spliced with the red for my BD) on the outside? If so which bolt did you use???

I’m going to run the power back to the battery so will not be opening up the rear driver’s side panel.
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im having a hell of a time figuring this thread out. Appreciate all of you that are working through these issues for us folks that have no electrical smarts!

I have a Black diamond, and Im past the 30 day return on the harness. Was going to install it this weekend, so can someone tell me exactly what pins I will need to swap? By reading through this, Im assuming the best road is to go to the battery and ground to frame in rear? (I dont care about revers lights or trailer brakes at this point)

If one of you guys that are good with this stuff could put together a quick how to I would be very grateful! :D

Thanks!
I made a video that details this process, hopefully it will help:

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because it needs a bunch more stuff (charge wire, reverse wire, brake wire) you could add the charge wire and brake wire to a brake controller yourself pretty easy. Most trailers anyone would be towing with a Bronco, likely don't have reverse lights.
both mine do. I added them. I read that on the BL the 7 pin wiring harness is there, in the back, just need to tap in. Any one know if this is true?

F1rstEdition

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Overland Sequoia - 21 FE Bronco - 13 200 Series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Received the connector list for the male / female C201 connector. The female connector part# for the blue brake controller wire (position #16 of the connector) is F8VB-14474-AA. Doing a Google search I came up with this website for $0.39 ea, minimum 50 (about $19 before shipping):
https://nexelec.com/FCI-F8VB14474AA/
Below is the part# list from Flip for C201 individual pins
Pin.png
1641228275460.png

Male connectors Female connectors
Hey @mcinfantry or @BlueBoy did you order pins for C201 yet and have you attempted to wire up a 7-pin? Here's my plan for a fully-functioning 7-pin connector, though I might have to ask @flip for the pin part numbers for C105.
https://www.amazon.com/57672-4-Way-Dual-Output-Electrical-Adapter/dp/B001EP0HPI/
This harness uses the Curt 4-pin I already have for turn/stop/brake signals.

(C105 and C201 are above the front left tire fender skirt)
At C105, crimp a pin to connect to the GY-BN wire at pin 40 to grab the OEM tow reverse signal.
At C201, crimp a pin to connect to the BLUE wire at pin 16 to grab the brake signal coming from my Prodigy P2 TBC under the dash.
At C201, crimp a pin to connect to the BROWN wire at pin 15 to grab the OEM tow running lights signal.
Run these 3 wires along the harness on the left frame rail back to the rear bumper area.

For the 12V trailer power pin, crimp a big connector and tie into the unused 40A BLU-RED power connector behind the left cargo trim panel next to the other unused BLU-RED connector that I used to power the Curt trailer light module.

OK, been trying to figure all this out. Can anyone simplify for me what I need to complete a 7 Pin Wiring setup?

I have the hitch installed and I have the Redarc Brake Controller components. I'm trying to figure out what wiring solutions to use:

Ford Parts?
Curt Harness? https://www.curtmfg.com/part/56468
Amazon Adapter? https://www.amazon.com/57672-4-Way-...&pd_rd_wg=BwNeS&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m
See my plan above. I already have the Curt 4-wire light adapter installed. There are easier ways to do it but this is the most OEM way unless you can find the OEM trailer tow module and make it work with all the other modules. Even then, you'd still have to run wires from C201 at the front fender to the rear bumper.

**Note: There appears to be an error in the wiring diagram book as it shows the wire going from the TBC connector under the dash over to C201 to be brown but it's actually blue.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @mcinfantry or @BlueBoy did you order pins for C201 yet and have you attempted to wire up a 7-pin? Here's my plan for a fully-functioning 7-pin connector, though I might have to ask @flip for the pin part numbers for C105.
https://www.amazon.com/57672-4-Way-Dual-Output-Electrical-Adapter/dp/B001EP0HPI/
This harness uses the Curt 4-pin I already have for turn/stop/brake signals.

(C105 and C201 are above the front left tire fender skirt)
At C105, crimp a pin to connect to the GY-BN wire at pin 40 to grab the OEM tow reverse signal.
At C201, crimp a pin to connect to the BLUE wire at pin 16 to grab the brake signal coming from my Prodigy P2 TBC under the dash.
At C201, crimp a pin to connect to the BROWN wire at pin 15 to grab the OEM tow running lights signal.
Run these 3 wires along the harness on the left frame rail back to the rear bumper area.

For the 12V trailer power pin, crimp a big connector and tie into the unused 40A BLU-RED power connector behind the left cargo trim panel next to the other unused BLU-RED connector that I used to power the Curt trailer light module.

See my plan above. I already have the Curt 4-wire light adapter installed. There are easier ways to do it but this is the most OEM way unless you can find the OEM trailer tow module and make it work with all the other modules. Even then, you'd still have to run wires from C201 at the front fender to the rear bumper.

**Note: There appears to be an error in the wiring diagram book as it shows the wire going from the TBC connector under the dash over to C201 to be brown but it's actually blue.
I talked to the guys at Lumen and have a better understanding of the controller. The under dash "customer access" plug for the controller has 4 wires. Power, ground, brake pedal switch input and the blue wire output for trailer braking. Since the turn, brake, trailer brake, reverse and park lights are missing from the harness that would be running under the vehicle, essentially from the firewall, all we need to do is find the reverse wire if really needed and clip the blue wire. Run the blue brake wire across the driver side dash, down the A pillar, under the driver front and rear scuff plates, behind the left cargo trim and out the left rear tail light housing gasket along with the Curt wires that were run inside for power and ground?

The Lumen guys said that's all that really needs to happen. Does not need to be picked up under the hood or run back inside. Just pick it up off the existing harness.

Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco 1643399974370

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OK, been trying to figure all this out. Can anyone simplify for me what I need to complete a 7 Pin Wiring setup?

I have the hitch installed and I have the Redarc Brake Controller components. I'm trying to figure out what wiring solutions to use:

Ford Parts?
Amazon Adapter? https://www.amazon.com/57672-4-Way-...&pd_rd_wg=BwNeS&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

Ford Parts?

Ford Parts?
I talked to the guys at Lumen and have a better understanding of the controller. The under dash "customer access" plug for the controller has 4 wires. Power, ground, brake pedal switch input and the blue wire output for trailer braking. Since the turn, brake, trailer brake, reverse and park lights are missing from the harness that would be running under the vehicle, essentially from the firewall, all we need to do is find the reverse wire if really needed and clip the blue wire. Run the blue brake wire across the driver side dash, down the A pillar, under the driver front and rear scuff plates, behind the left cargo trim and out the left rear tail light housing gasket along with the Curt wires that were run inside for power and ground?

The Lumen guys said that's all that really needs to happen. Does not need to be picked up under the hood or run back inside. Just pick it up off the existing harness.

Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco 1643400251442
I can confirm that I did it the long way around and tapped into the blue wire at C201 in the driver's fenderwell (underneath the felt liner), ran the wire into the large master grommet near the driver's footwell under dash and ran it down the interior as @flip mentions above. Flip's solution would have been a lot simpler and bypasses the need to source pins/wiring for C201. I have plugged into a trailer w/ electric brakes and the Lumen Redarc unit works as advertized. I haven't actually had a chance to tow with it yet though.

Sponsored

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can confirm that I did it the long way around and tapped into the blue wire at C201 in the driver's fenderwell (underneath the felt liner), ran the wire into the large master grommet near the driver's footwell under dash and ran it down the interior as @flip mentions above. Flip's solution would have been a lot simpler and bypasses the need to source pins/wiring for C201. I have plugged into a trailer w/ electric brakes and the Lumen Redarc unit works as advertized. I haven't actually had a chance to tow with it yet though.
Here is the video I made of running the wire on the inside. It's basically the same as @flip directions but instead of going to firewall grommet, route up dash to the brake controller plug underneath
The wiring diagram calls for 14ga wire so I picked up 25ft from Napa and this is the leftovers
Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco 1643400251442

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

both mine do. I added them. I read that on the BL the 7 pin wiring harness is there, in the back, just need to tap in. Any one know if this is true?
This seems likely since those were available with tow, unlike base and FE. If it does, then you could probably do all the wiring behind the left side trim panel

Yeah, that works too. Picking it up at C201 makes sense if you also want the dedicated tow reverse circuit since it's right next to it at C105. The running lights are available at C201 or in the cabin at the tow module connector so that could be done inside or outside, depending on how people are doing the other circuits.

One option for folks leery about removing the interior trim would be to run the 3 circuits from C201/C105 along with two other wires from the battery: one for trailer 12V and one for the Curt module (installed on frame rail as per instructions). No cutting grommets or removing anything in the interior and it would be a fully-functional 7-pin connector. I like the idea of using the factory tow module circuits but not having to remove the interior trim panels and tail light might make this a faster route. What do you think, @flip ?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This seems likely since those were available with tow, unlike base and FE. If it does, then you could probably do all the wiring behind the left side trim panel

Yeah, that works too. Picking it up at C201 makes sense if you also want the dedicated tow reverse circuit since it's right next to it at C105. The running lights are available at C201 or in the cabin at the tow module connector so that could be done inside or outside, depending on how people are doing the other circuits.

One option for folks leery about removing the interior trim would be to run the 3 circuits from C201/C105 along with two other wires from the battery: one for trailer 12V and one for the Curt module (installed on frame rail as per instructions). No cutting grommets or removing anything in the interior and it would be a fully-functional 7-pin connector. I like the idea of using the factory tow module circuits but not having to remove the interior trim panels and tail light might make this a faster route. What do you think, @flip ?
We did one 2 weeks ago went through the gasket but was able to only remove the small trim piece on the left cargo area trim. He was able to use a coat hanger to pull the wires in, ground is right there and fish the tree out enough to get the wires and connector plugged in.

trim panel1.jpg

trim panel2.jpg
Sponsored