Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We did one 2 weeks ago went through the gasket but was able to only remove the small trim piece on the left cargo area trim. He was able to use a coat hanger to pull the wires in, ground is right there and fish the tree out enough to get the wires and connector plugged in.

trim panel1.jpg

trim panel2.jpg
Nice! That trick is only for 4 doors, correct?
Sponsored

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is a photo of me opening the back side of the adapter to make the wire switch for base.
I found it impossible to perform this as described by budget bronco.
I do appreciate your video tho @BudgetBronco

Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco IMG_20220120_114048731

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here is a photo of me opening the back side of the adapter to make the wire switch for base.
I found it impossible to perform this as described by budget bronco.
I do appreciate your video tho @BudgetBronco

Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco IMG_20220120_114048731
I couldn't do it at all, but my wife had no problem!

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did anyone ground the white (spliced with the red for my BD) on the outside? If so which bolt did you use???

I’m going to run the power back to the battery so will not be opening up the rear driver’s side panel.
I drilled a small hole at drivers side taillight area and grounded red and white using the screw included with curt kit

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! That trick is only for 4 doors, correct?
I would assume so. Didn’t look at the 2d. Since we’ve done a few now it’s really easier to do than explain. I’ve not added the blue brake circuit yet but have had the stuff apart to know it will be easy enough to do. If I get another one in that want’s to do it, I’ll try to do a better job of documenting steps and parts needed. Honestly, it’s less complicated than I’m making it sound. The Lumen guys said they were working on a total PNP kit with brake controller, tail lights, hitch, etc but Ford is going to have to sign off. Probably out at least 6mo if Ford OK’s.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did anyone ground the white (spliced with the red for my BD) on the outside? If so which bolt did you use???

I’m going to run the power back to the battery so will not be opening up the rear driver’s side panel.
I grounded on the outside. Was tempted to try and use an existing bolt but instead drilled a hole in the frame which was pretty easy. Check my YouTube site there is a video that shows exactly where and how and let me know if you have any questions

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wanted as clean I look as I could get, so I ran everything through the cargo box and under the rear carpet. No wires flopping over my tailgate sill! This was way to easy!
Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco IMG_1388

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wanted as clean I look as I could get, so I ran everything through the cargo box and under the rear carpet. No wires flopping over my tailgate sill! This was way to easy!
Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco IMG_1388
Yeah that cargo tray has me worried. Haven't seen it in person but i struggle to believe that water it's not going to make its way in with a little water fording.

Isn't there only some cheap foam gasket or something?

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Most useful thread on 6g! I completed my installation, thanks to this thread and my wife's steady hand.

Question: I have left a set of trailer lights plugged in since my install (going to use as towed lights). Sometimes when I leave the Bronco, after all the regular Bronco lights shut down, the trailer marker lights stay lit, Bronco tails are off. I eventually lose patience and hit the lock button, all brake lights flash and everything, including the trailer lights shut down. What's going on? How can the trailer lights be on when the Bronco tails are not? How come it's intermittent (age old question)? and what about locking shuts them off? I'm not sure if they ever will shut off by themselves.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Most useful thread on 6g! I completed my installation, thanks to this thread and my wife's steady hand.

Question: I have left a set of trailer lights plugged in since my install (going to use as towed lights). Sometimes when I leave the Bronco, after all the regular Bronco lights shut down, the trailer marker lights stay lit, Bronco tails are off. I eventually lose patience and hit the lock button, all brake lights flash and everything, including the trailer lights shut down. What's going on? How can the trailer lights be on when the Bronco tails are not? How come it's intermittent (age old question)? and what about locking shuts them off? I'm not sure if they ever will shut off by themselves.
I would think they shut off after 30min.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip do you have the part number to order the 7pin mounting 'bracket' that mounts to the Ford Hitch assembly? I have installed the Ford hitch assembly and want to add the 7pin using the writeup here and would rather not have to grind on it to remove metal, if I can just get Ford's version of the Bracket..
Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco 1644958082642
that would bolt up here
Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco 1644958453984
?? it appears to be same mount...
Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco 1644958598558
Sponsored