Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

EDIT: I found some of the drawings on here, so tell me if I am getting this:

From my brake controller , I can tie into the customer access harness (c2608) to get my signal (Is it wire 14 or 12?), and then just run the blue brake output back to the 7 pin harness like normal.

Correct?
I got a $10 adapter cable to tie my Prodigy brake controller to the customer access connector above the gas pedal. I'll either tap into the blue output wire at that connector or add a pin to grab it where it dead ends over the front left tire then run it to the 7-pin.

Where is everyone stashing the module? Is that safe being open to the elements? It seems pretty well sealed - but, the last thing I want is electrical issues.
It's fully potted so just keep it away from heat. I put mine on top of the frame rail like the instructions show. The ground location is more likely to give you grief than the module location so I grounded mine behind the interior trim.
Sponsored

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got a $10 adapter cable to tie my Prodigy brake controller to the customer access connector above the gas pedal. I'll either tap into the blue output wire at that connector or add a pin to grab it where it dead ends over the front left tire then run it to the 7-pin.

It's fully potted so just keep it away from heat. I put mine on top of the frame rail like the instructions show. The ground location is more likely to give you grief than the module location so I grounded mine behind the interior trim.

So, blue wire on plug goes to brake controller brake signal wire, correct?

Then I can run from my blue wire on the brake controller wild back to the 7 pin and be done?

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got the voltage and remaining signals from the factory plug on the right side of the drivers footwell
OK great, I found that harness, and found the one that powers when the brake pedal is pressed so I think im good to go! Thanks!

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got everything done. Built a bracket to protect the 7 pin plug. Installed the prodigy ID in the center console.
Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco 598F9AD0-C01B-4CA8-852D-690C33BDEE77
Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco 7A2F609B-20BC-453A-BBAF-D295A186C972

Sponsored

jcxstar13

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrishoodphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
76 Bronco, F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a brand new Curt harness I am not going to use if someone is invested in it. Id sell it for $75
Send me a PM if interested.

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry if this is already posted but I have the LED signature lighting and installed the Curt harness. I followed the budget bronco video and cut and grounded the red wire with the white, and everything works except the brake lights. Is the red wire supposed to stay connected for non halogen setups?

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry if this is already posted but I have the LED signature lighting and installed the Curt harness. I followed the budget bronco video and cut and grounded the red wire with the white, and everything works except the brake lights. Is the red wire supposed to stay connected for non halogen setups?
You should not have had to change anything, the wiring harness is made for the Bronco with LED tail lights. It only has to be modified for the non LED lights.

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well that blows 😒

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You should not have had to change anything, the wiring harness is made for the Bronco with LED tail lights. It only has to be modified for the non LED lights.
LED taillights are standard on Black Diamond, correct?

Sponsored

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

HOOTERVILLE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F150, 15 MALIBU, 07 STREETGLIDE, 22 Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting a Base Sasquatch. How do I know if it has LED tail lights or not? I'm trying to order trailer wiring. Thanks.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting a Base Sasquatch. How do I know if it has LED tail lights or not? I'm trying to order trailer wiring. Thanks.
it doesn't, only broncos with signature headlights have led taillights

HOOTERVILLE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F150, 15 MALIBU, 07 STREETGLIDE, 22 Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Base
it doesn't, only broncos with signature headlights have led taillights
Thanks Stache. I googled all over trying to get an answer and got it from B6G in a minute or less. I'd buy you a Walleye sandwich if I was a little closer.
Sponsored