First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So right now we have aftermarket available items that cost half as much as factory and do about half as much. And have to install ourselves or pay someone else to install getting us closer to factory install price. Why not just order from the factory with tow and save the hassle?
Sponsored

OP
OP

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So right now we have aftermarket available items that cost half as much as factory and do about half as much. And have to install ourselves or pay someone else to install getting us closer to factory install price. Why not just order from the factory with tow and save the hassle?

The world leader in hitch and wiring installs will install one and wire it up for less than half of what Ford charges.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked at that one, i think it's actually a different Brand, not Curt, but same idea.
Tekonska is under the Reese/Draw-Tite umbrella. Same concept as the Curt but it's the Ford vs Chevy of hitch manufacturers.

Sponsored

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because factory tow was a constraint early on when many of our orders got converted to VINs and could not be changed without losing place in line. Also the ford retrofit version is not 'factory clean' with the harness splicing. This is a pretty good quick and cheap 4 pin solution, you could add one of the wireless brake controllers if really needed.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because all I need is a 4 pin as well as plans for a high clearance bumper that will have the hitch higher than the factory one, plus I’m handy with righty tightly lefty loosey and like to save money.

Some of us said many months ago this would be available from Curt, so it’s no surprise. A plug and play 4 pin and a hitch of your choosing at half the price from Ford.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Because I felt $600 was too much for what you got. I was wrong, when you had to tear the Bronco apart to wire up a simple 4 pin, when the factory came with 7 pin. But when I'm wrong I admit it and move on with a solution. Now I can get plug and play for half the cost, albeit 4 pin. If I had it to do over I would order factory, but this is a good solution and I have an extra $350 in my pocket.

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because I felt $600 was too much for what you got. I was wrong, when you had to tear the Bronco apart to wire up a simple 4 pin, when the factory came with 7 pin. But when I'm wrong I admit it and move on with a solution. Now I can get plug and play for half the cost, albeit 4 pin. If I had it to do over I would order factory, but this is a good solution and I have an extra $350 in my pocket.

I think this is what I was trying to convey. Ford told us at the beginning that Bronco would be modular. What they didn't tell us is that anything that wasn't ordered from factory wouldn't include connection items. dropping tow loses all wiring. Soft top loses all hard top connections. Modular bumper gets no fog wiring. I knew "eventually" the aftermarket would catch up with many things but I really had no idea when I put down that reservation deposit day one that these things would be pouring out before I had mine in the garage. Then again I ordered a Badlands thinking it would be the most likely to have options only to find out that the aftermarket does not include Badlands in 90 percent of their offerings.

Sponsored

Brnco2.7

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a base so the hitch option was not available. This is what I will be doing.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Why no 7 pin connector?
The 7-pin connector is what most people will want.

Without a 7-pin, you lose trailer sway control, adjusting the blind spot monitoring system, and adjusting the rear proximity sensors in the ford suite of tech. Not to mention trailer brakes (some would say they aren't needed on a 3,500 lb trailer, but I sure like trailer brakes on any trailer for that added safety down long, steep grades).

This thread is for the simple 4-pin connector only. It is the bare minimum of what you can run, but will certainly create a host of other issues with the sensor suites while driving.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cancelling the tow package on my order now. Wasn't really worth it. But I wasn't willing to cut and splice.

At least Jeep gives some upgrades with their tow package.

Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco 96EE57A3-85B5-4E1F-B243-7F34B98F9645

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cancelling the tow package on my order now. Wasn't really worth it. But I wasn't willing to cut and splice.

At least Jeep gives some upgrades with their tow package.

Ford Bronco Curt Plug-and-Play No-Splice Trailer Wiring Harness Out For Bronco 96EE57A3-85B5-4E1F-B243-7F34B98F9645
$250ish for the higher amp alternator and larger battery. Other than that, it's what is included in Ford's towing package.

Only difference is that the alternator on the Bronco will be readily available at any parts counter across the country, and you won't be out $250 replacing the battery every time.

I personally don't see the advantage of having multiple alternators or max-amperage in a vehicle as it reduces the repairability of the system. Of note, if Ford charged that for the same setup, people on here would be pissed off at the cost. On a Jeep, however, seems fine as you get so much! :ROFLMAO:

Ht9387

First Edition
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 chevy k1500, 2001 chevy cavalier
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone found this curt Wiring harness for sale online yet?
Sponsored