Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know there are other threads on the Curt trailer wire 56468 but I want to vent. I have a Black Diamond without the LED lights. The harness does not work without swapping wires to the connectors and cutting a wire as budgetbronco has documented. It’s BS Curt advertises the harness works for all broncos.
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I purchased the harness the website displayed “ compatible with all broncos”.
I can 100% confirm what HBTFD notes. When they first started selling the harness, it made no mention of the LED compatibility. They only updated the website after I called them and spoke to the engineering team and convinced them it did not work.

As further evidence of this, if you go to the Real Truck website that is a reseller of this harness, even today it makes no mention of the fact that it will not work on Broncos with halogen style headlights: https://realtruck.com/p/curt-t-connector-wiring-harness/v/ford/bronco/2021/

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know there are other threads on the Curt trailer wire 56468 but I want to vent. I have a Black Diamond without the LED lights. The harness does not work without swapping wires to the connectors and cutting a wire as budgetbronco has documented. It’s BS Curt advertises the harness works for all broncos.
I would agree but for the GREAT work of Voltagedrop and BudgetBronco, they made the whole ordeal livable. I guess I can forgive Curt, new vehicle and all, but once they figured out the issue they should have been contacting all their distributers to get the word out. And they should come out with a non-led version and allow trade in even if outside the return window..

They also have a 'plug and play' taillight set up for when the Bronco is used as a towed. I doubt if this works with non led either and went a different way with mine, for now.

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Off subject but why can’t ya just go “old time” and splice into the wires (or simple “T” plug) with the “old school” lights?? No fancy box or hot wire needed (at least for 4 wire)?

OP
OP
HBTFD

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Off subject but why can’t ya just go “old time” and splice into the wires (or simple “T” plug) with the “old school” lights?? No fancy box or hot wire needed (at least for 4 wire)?
Ask budgetbronco, he is the electrical wizard.
Sponsored