Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True, but it also seems super inconvenient not to have the extra seats for the family and friends the times you want more than two people in the rig. I would only go that route if it was a dedicated overlanding rig and had an every day driver, or with a 4 door with no delete if I had a heavy fridge.
See, I am coming from a '06 Mustang the last 13 years, the 2 door Bronco will be spacious lol. The number of times I had people in the back seat I could count on one hand, one finger actually lol. Honestly though I may try to fab up something that works with the seats folded. I have ideas, but without the bronco to play cardboard mockup I can't be sure what I'm visualizing would be feasible.

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally finished my cargo load floor on the 'Bad Mule'...
1/2" plywood floor, 1/2" and 3/4" furrings utilizing 8 factory fastening locations. Majority of the construction is glued and stapled. My anchor mount locations utilizing 1/4-20 tee-nuts or threaded inserts.
Slide platform is 3/4" ply, on locking, 28" sliders, with 1/2" jointed ply uprights.
Upholstered in unbound indoor/outdoor carpeting.

Ford Bronco Custom 2-door seat delete load floor and slider 20220612_123527

Full access to the jack and storage cubby...

Passenger side floor has multiple anchor locations to accommodate different load-outs (showing just the button-head hardware for place marker)

When not camping, I setup a cargo net for the grocery runs 👍🏻

Here is a what the typical load would look like on the platform (before I carpeted it)
Space in behind the cooler/Rotopax is for dry-good storage

UPDATE:

Okay... I think I have my system finalized now...
Added a 22" Milwaukee Packout box and plate to the slider for dry-goods 👍🏻

Nicely done! Enjoy!

rwm01

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS1, 2023 Renegade, 2004 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here. Traded a 2015 RS-1 Mustang for the Bronco. Second vehicle is a 2019 Renegade. Not missing much room.

Crazy to say, but the Badlands on 33s has the best ride of the three on the highway. Do miss the handling of the Mustang tho.

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I
See, I am coming from a '06 Mustang the last 13 years, the 2 door Bronco will be spacious lol. The number of times I had people in the back seat I could count on one hand, one finger actually lol. Honestly though I may try to fab up something that works with the seats folded. I have ideas, but without the bronco to play cardboard mockup I can't be sure what I'm visualizing would be feasible.
It's funny you mention that.
I have a 2010 MBZ E which has seen back seat passengers no more than a dozen times.
I got my 2D Bronco with the same logic as you and since October, I've had to use the back seats at least a dozen times, even had a child seat once. Everyone wants to get in like it's a hay ride!
Still wouldn't trade in for a 4D but it's funny how my logic totally backfired on me because of the car.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone leveled the 2 Door "cargo" area so that the space is flat without having to remove the rear seats?
Unbeknownst to me during reservations, the rear seats are getting used a lot more often than I could have imagined, and removing them is no longer an option for me.
I recently found out that the bottom of the seats fold up forward so the backs are much more level. Now all I need to do is level out the cargo area so I can lay pack things flat.
Much appreciated!

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I

It's funny you mention that.
I have a 2010 MBZ E which has seen back seat passengers no more than a dozen times.
I got my 2D Bronco with the same logic as you and since October, I've had to use the back seats at least a dozen times, even had a child seat once. Everyone wants to get in like it's a hay ride!
Still wouldn't trade in for a 4D but it's funny how my logic totally backfired on me because of the car.
I can see that happening lol, and the backseat in the Bronco will be a lot more comfortable and accessible than the Mustang too, well egress'able? I mean the getting out is always the hardest part :ROFLMAO:

Definitely not looking to do anything irreversible either way. Starting to think just a security drawer level with the folded seat backs and a cargo mat for a 4 door might be what I end up doing. But things just move so much easier on sliders as opposed to say coolers and totes against a rubber mat, and my back doesn't appreciate that kind of thing lol 🧓

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The slide out is a great idea. I've been working on an idea for our 2 door. As soon as I wrap up the audio upgrade and get the sub installed this week, I'm going to go the "cardboard" stage of mock up after pulling the rear seats. Hoping to elevate the platform enough to build a simple full length drawer for storage. Haven't taken it apart enough to see whether or not I want to keep the OEM tool / jack storage or simply replace it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The slide out is a great idea. I've been working on an idea for our 2 door. As soon as I wrap up the audio upgrade and get the sub installed this week, I'm going to go the "cardboard" stage of mock up after pulling the rear seats. Hoping to elevate the platform enough to build a simple full length drawer for storage. Haven't taken it apart enough to see whether or not I want to keep the OEM tool / jack storage or simply replace it.
Just for future reference, the seat belt buckles and reels are monitored by the truck. The reel plugs need a resistance present to fool the module (2.4 Ohms is the middle of the range)
The buckles are only looking for a closed circuit, so a pair of these guys can be used to short the wires
Ford Bronco Custom 2-door seat delete load floor and slider 20220628_130503

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With the seat delete it's approx 40" deep iirc, and depending on what's on that slide out not having to unpack and pack just to access something real quick will add up. Yes it might not be a super inconvenient to go without, but sometimes it's worth a little time and $$ up front to make things easier for the rest of the life of the vehicle.
Absolutely!!! Of course you could do without but, why? Purpose Built and because you can is why... no half-assed work done here. 👍👍

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Okay... I think I have my system finalized now...
Added a 22" Milwaukee Packout box and plate to the slider for dry-goods 👍🏻

Super nice, very clean look!!! Well done....👍👍
Sponsored