First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

A little over three years ago Jill received one of the most life altering and devastating diagnoses a woman can receive in her life. She had breast cancer. What made it worse it that it was the rarest and most aggressive version of breast cancer known. At this point EVERYTHING in our lives changed dramatically.

Jill chose to sell her 1986 Bronco, that she had previously purchased for her and I to work on together, to cover the initial bills for the medical expenses. At this point we were careful on what we did and where we went in fear of her near nonexistent immune system due to the yearlong chemo regiment. This meant we could do the things we loved. Working on cars, fishing, surfing, anything outdoors was off limits by the doctors.

During the hardest time of her fight, after the surgeries were complete and the recovery phase started, I wasn’t sure if she would make it. The lively, upbeat, cheerful, always positive woman I knew was now just a shell of her former self. During this time she was bed ridden due to the lack if strength to even get up.

During one of the hourly bandage changes and evaluations she had made the comment she wanted to get one of the new Broncos and to start a YouTube channel working on cars with me. I did what every man would do when he sees a spark in the woman’s eyes he loves to keep going. I promised her we would do just that. I told her to pick out the Bronco she wanted and we will start the YouTube channel, now known as 1Five1 Garage.

While we did get the Bronco and started the channel, I wanted to do something special without her knowing to help her remind her of the fight she won. I wanted something special to show her how proud I am of her. I reached out to DarkMatter Design and asked if they would be able to custom make a Bronco badge with a breast cancer ribbon incorporated into it somehow.

Not knowing what the final outcome would be made me a little nervous, but knowing from seeing other projects and their craftsmanship, I knew that I wouldn’t be let down. The day the emblems arrived I was overjoyed about the outcome. The question is “Will Jill like it as much as I did?” After seeing it and the videoed reaction I think she does. After the camera was off, she kept staring at it for a while. She absolutely loves it.

I want to give a huge thanks to DarkMatter Design for doing this for me to surprise the woman I almost lost with something special to brighten her day… and Bronco…
Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is awesome. I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was 6. She was only 30. That was over 40 years ago and the wound is still fresh. Kudos to your wife for claiming victory over that monster!

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A little over three years ago Jill received one of the most life altering and devastating diagnoses a woman can receive in her life. She had breast cancer. What made it worse it that it was the rarest and most aggressive version of breast cancer known. At this point EVERYTHING in our lives changed dramatically.

Jill chose to sell her 1986 Bronco, that she had previously purchased for her and I to work on together, to cover the initial bills for the medical expenses. At this point we were careful on what we did and where we went in fear of her near nonexistent immune system due to the yearlong chemo regiment. This meant we could do the things we loved. Working on cars, fishing, surfing, anything outdoors was off limits by the doctors.

During the hardest time of her fight, after the surgeries were complete and the recovery phase started, I wasn’t sure if she would make it. The lively, upbeat, cheerful, always positive woman I knew was now just a shell of her former self. During this time she was bed ridden due to the lack if strength to even get up.

During one of the hourly bandage changes and evaluations she had made the comment she wanted to get one of the new Broncos and to start a YouTube channel working on cars with me. I did what every man would do when he sees a spark in the woman’s eyes he loves to keep going. I promised her we would do just that. I told her to pick out the Bronco she wanted and we will start the YouTube channel, now known as 1Five1 Garage.

While we did get the Bronco and started the channel, I wanted to do something special without her knowing to help her remind her of the fight she won. I wanted something special to show her how proud I am of her. I reached out to DarkMatter Design and asked if they would be able to custom make a Bronco badge with a breast cancer ribbon incorporated into it somehow.

Not knowing what the final outcome would be made me a little nervous, but knowing from seeing other projects and their craftsmanship, I knew that I wouldn’t be let down. The day the emblems arrived I was overjoyed about the outcome. The question is “Will Jill like it as much as I did?” After seeing it and the videoed reaction I think she does. After the camera was off, she kept staring at it for a while. She absolutely loves it.

I want to give a huge thanks to DarkMatter Design for doing this for me to surprise the woman I almost lost with something special to brighten her day… and Bronco…
Very Cool design!

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer the same week as the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Thanks to the Lord, she's been cancer free for almost 21 years now. May He continue blessing you and your wife!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just watched this the badges came out great Love your guys channel

Skeener801

Black Diamond
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, 2022 Bronco 2.3, auto, soft top.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Just watched the video, good stuff man, very well done.

ThePCH

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Literally watching right now and saw this thread 🥹

Sponsored

Hitemstiff

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands/ 05 Expedition/ 77 F150 Ranger SB 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This badge is awesome. Your story is awesome. My wifes story is almost identical to Jill's. She was diagnosed a week before the covid lockdowns. I went ahead and placed a reservation for a bronco not knowing what would happen or where we would be a year later. The delays and wait did not bother us at all due to the treatments and surgery. When she finished radiation we went ahead and ordered a badlands and are loving every minute of it. My wife would love a badge like that in cactus grey.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool badge.

My wife has Stage IV Breast Cancer since 2013, so she's a Thriver.

Fuck Cancer.
Sponsored