Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got more pictures added! Noticed that looks like 4wp will have a rail (though not confirmed LOL)
ARB-4x4-Accessories-custom-Bronco-four-door-SUV_09.jpg
That rail has “4wp” embossed in the middle, and is a completely new design.

I think that confirms it.

(This would also explain why we hadn’t heard anything. It’s going to be offered by 4wp and Ford couldn’t say anything until all these partnerships were revealed)
Sponsored

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

One thing I noted is that in all of the Jeep concepts, in their pics theyre all showing some real impressive articulation.

On all of the Bronco concepts, theyre all basically stagnant and on flat ground.

I wish we saw a badass off road concept. The 4WP should have been that concept showing the beefy Upper Control Arms etc.

Missed opportunity in my books

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This would have been a perfect place to debut the Heritage Edition. But hey, maybe they are holding off for one of the Super Celebrations. West (8-11 Sep) seems late in the game for a MY 2022 reveal, but East (21-24 Apr) seems early. (Would they really want to disrupt while they are working through 2021 scheduling?) The other events in between are Overland Expos and the Woodward Dream Cruise.

Ford is in an interesting balancing act here - they need some people to voluntarily slip into 2022, but not too many. If they release color changes and Heritage Edition details it may cause too much of a stampede to 2022. Although I figure many of the likely stampeders have not converted or are priority code 99s already.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford really hates the two door.
Or they realize that just like jeeps and trucks, 4 doors is what actually sells to the general public, so that’s where the moneys made. However much folks here like the 2 door(or however much many dislike the 4 door) the 4 door is what will most likely sell in higher numbers. For every 2 door wrangler I see driving around, I’ve seen at least 6 or 7 four door ones if not more.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, looks like none of them have a lift? Just bigger wheels. Anyone else see something similar? It’s 5am here and could be me ;)

edit: maybe the red on, thanks @ZackDanger

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I noted is that in all of the Jeep concepts, in their pics theyre all showing some real impressive articulation.

On all of the Bronco concepts, theyre all basically stagnant and on flat ground.

I wish we saw a badass off road concept. The 4WP should have been that concept showing the beefy Upper Control Arms etc.

Missed opportunity in my books
That 4wp OB does have those UCA, they’re just in the pics.

You’re right. This is a totally different type of sales pitch. I think Ford is smart to go after the overlanding/desert running crowd.

Jeep has the rock crawling crowd already. There’s a whole burgeoning overlanding group for whom a SFA rock crawler isn’t a necessity.

Not to mention the type of off roading shown in these videos is much more imaginable by people new to 4x4 stuff.

And frankly, this is the type of stuff I do... I’ve never rock crawled, nor have I ever been interested in trying.... but off road adventuring and camping. That’s my jam.

$0.02

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, looks like none of them have a lift? Just bigger wheels. Anyone else see something similar? It’s 5am here and could be me ;)
I think the 4wp OB is running that big lift from 4wp... the same we saw on that 2-door with the 37s at KOH

Ford Bronco Custom Bronco Builds from RTR, ARB and 4 Wheel Parts Showcase Aftermarket Off-Road Parts & Accessories 1617106094992

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(Also for those in the know, can anyone tell me the benefit of a swing out tire carrier over stock?)
They can hold heavier tires/wheels without causing the door to sag and potentially be difficult to close or cause damage. It puts the weight into the steel bumper instead.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so many 4 doors, so much disappointment 😅. Don't get why they would need all those lights on in the middle of the day lol. Looks good though.
Really weird hey? No 2-Doors! I wonder why???? 🤷‍♂️ :p

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this suggesting the 4WP installed locking hubs to get a front locker allow for free-wheeling on the Black Diamond?

Ford Bronco Custom Bronco Builds from RTR, ARB and 4 Wheel Parts Showcase Aftermarket Off-Road Parts & Accessories 1617106663962

Last edited: