Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. I don’t understand the paint process but he was asked if they took it down to bare metal and he said no. I figure that meant they just painted over it. That would be odd because it would seem to me it would require more paint to cover a darker color with a lighter one.
Not really.
All you have to do is spray a uniform coat of a gray sealer, or a white sealer tinted with a bit of color to get closer to your base color.
Some colors do better over black base sealer, colors you would not think would. Red is an example. Yellows, oddly enough, can sometimes cover better over a dark base vs. white.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Funny thing is I hate pandas so wouldn’t bother me if they’re gone.

If you hate them, just color dye them all black and they would be small black bears.

OP
OP
bigred12m

bigred12m

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2016 F250 6.7L, 2018 Tesla MX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have one on order, but not expecting to see it for a long time. Placed reservation and order for a Badlands (cactus grey) in July of this year. I'm sticking with a hard top.

I have definitely been eyeing the ones that pop up at local dealers (was tempted by yours and some of the others at Capitol Ford), but I'll be patient and wait for my order. I also have a reservation on a Rivian R1S, so I'm hoping to convince my wife to take that and I keep my Bronco. If not, I might just go with whatever comes first.
Id love to do a side by side when you get yours. The Rivians are sweet. The Bronco is for my GF. I have a F250 until the Cybertruck comes out.

OP
OP
bigred12m

bigred12m

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks really nice. I like the 11.50s. What wheel offset did you go with?
Thanks. Few people have done 12.50...seemed too wide for the size of the vehicle. 0 offset Method Wheel MR316 Matte Black. Intrusion bars had to be removed.

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Admin Update: Any trolling will be deleted. If you want to piss on someone's tastes / decisions, just move on. This applies for any modified Bronco thread here.
This at the top of a build’s thread has to feel great.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Few people have done 12.50...seemed too wide for the size of the vehicle. 0 offset Method Wheel MR316 Matte Black. Intrusion bars had to be removed.
Thanks! This is the route I'm going. I have a badlands so waiting on some coil-overs to come to market as I would probably need an extra inch lift. The BL seems to sit up a bit higher but I still think the suspension is slightly lower than the SAS.

Last edited:

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Admin Update: Any trolling will be deleted. If you want to piss on someone's tastes / decisions, just move on. This applies for any modified Bronco thread here.

Bought OBX in Antimatter Blue. She’s got her paint finished. Just waiting to be polished. Also did a rough country 2” lift and Open Country AT 35x11.50 with 17” Methods.

EEDFC3D8-1955-4133-8C4D-00A83E87670F.jpeg

23F3DD3C-9D7B-45F3-B615-F6531EA522B7.jpeg

0881180F-7ECB-47D4-A6A0-6F8280CC9E36.jpeg

BB9A9942-3538-4EC8-9FF4-3FFC5E70DB0B.jpeg

3FAD42A1-D3E8-46B1-9D85-5E54E65635A2.jpeg
Prepare to hear for the rest of your life "is that Cactus Gray?"

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly AMB is not a great color, way too dark to be called blue. However 35 years from now when that grey paint is faded and disappearing on the edges layers will come off exposing that sparkle under just the right light that AMB is famous for. That is supposing they didnt scuff all that off. Now Im thinking if I had custom paint shop money it would be cool to get the rapid red, then have lightning blue put over top, then have it sanded just so. And have red streaks in the body edges of the blue. Also leave the cage red above the fender line. Would be sweet!
I think AMB is an gorgeous color when you look at it in person. It's a metalic blue that sparkles in the light. I would have switched to antimatter blue after having seen it except I already had a VIN assigned.

Sponsored

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks brother. I’ll never understand the need for negative comments. If I don’t like something I see I move on. But I was raised if you don’t have anything nice to say….
hell i learned that by watching Bambi when Thumper's mother said it. anyhow have fun and it looks great

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats! Prolly the world first 2021 Bronco complete total different color respray !! Should get a certificate from Ford, declaring such bravery, and not hiding a traffic accident....

OP
OP
bigred12m

bigred12m

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How long did the paint process take?
He thought 6 days but it took him 7. There are a lot of trim pieces to remove. Took him 10 extra hours. Now the paint is curing for a few days and gets polished on Saturday. So when all is said and done he will have had it 2 weeks.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like the wheels! What's the name of that style?

OP
OP
bigred12m

bigred12m

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats! Prolly the world first 2021 Bronco complete total different color respray !! Should get a certificate from Ford, declaring such bravery, and not hiding a traffic accident....
I know the guys at the dealership. Im going to take it by for S&Gs when I get it. I'll inquire about a certificate LOL
Sponsored