First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2016 F250 6.7L, 2018 Tesla MX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What are the the specs on the wheels, specifically the width and offset. I think you listed offset....but having them both in the same place would be cool!!
Here is the my quote from customoffsets. I took the quote to a local shop. They matched and added 70 a tire for TPMS.

9493E9CA-00C2-4A37-A518-F29A955255F2.png
Sponsored

sj_bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking forward to seeing more pics on Saturday. I like cactus grey, except for some angles/lighting so will be interesting to see how this compares.

BTW, I'm also in San Jose so I'll be keeping an eye out for you on the road. (huge city though, so small chance of that)

OP
OP
bigred12m

bigred12m

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok. I don’t understand the paint process but he was asked if they took it down to bare metal and he said no. I figure that meant they just painted over it. That would be odd because it would seem to me it would require more paint to cover a darker color with a lighter one.
That was an assumption honestly. I’ll ask them when I pick it up.

OP
OP
bigred12m

bigred12m

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking forward to seeing more pics on Saturday. I like cactus grey, except for some angles/lighting so will be interesting to see how this compares.

BTW, I'm also in San Jose so I'll be keeping an eye out for you on the road. (huge city though, so small chance of that)
You have a bronco?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok. I don’t understand the paint process but he was asked if they took it down to bare metal and he said no. I figure that meant they just painted over it. That would be odd because it would seem to me it would require more paint to cover a darker color with a lighter one.
My understanding when painting, if the original paint is in good shape, then it should be left as the base. Just clean/sand as appropriate, and then topcoat with the new color. That is because the original paint often has the best adhesion, and so taking it down to bare metal, will not provide a benefit.

The times to take down to bare metal are if the original paint is already having issues in terms of adhesion, or if the original paint will be incompatible with the new paint. Although for the latter, sometimes a sealer coat will avoid having to remove the old paint.

OP
OP
bigred12m

bigred12m

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Didn’t want to wait for an order. Got this from dealer.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Funny thing is I hate pandas so wouldn’t bother me if they’re gone.
Well, that sounded an awful lot like a negative comment…..especially to a Panda. What happened to just moving on? I’m kidding again of course (or am I)?

Sponsored

sj_bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have a bronco?
I have one on order, but not expecting to see it for a long time. Placed reservation and order for a Badlands (cactus grey) in July of this year. I'm sticking with a hard top.

I have definitely been eyeing the ones that pop up at local dealers (was tempted by yours and some of the others at Capitol Ford), but I'll be patient and wait for my order. I also have a reservation on a Rivian R1S, so I'm hoping to convince my wife to take that and I keep my Bronco. If not, I might just go with whatever comes first.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly AMB is not a great color, way too dark to be called blue. However 35 years from now when that grey paint is faded and disappearing on the edges layers will come off exposing that sparkle under just the right light that AMB is famous for. That is supposing they didnt scuff all that off. Now Im thinking if I had custom paint shop money it would be cool to get the rapid red, then have lightning blue put over top, then have it sanded just so. And have red streaks in the body edges of the blue. Also leave the cage red above the fender line. Would be sweet!

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks really nice. I like the 11.50s. What wheel offset did you go with?

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I didn’t order. I bought from a dealer and painted it the color I wanted. And it’s the body shops own color.
Looks great. Nice job. Let us know your thoughts after a few drives or off road trip.
Sponsored