First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 F150, '16 Escape, '19 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really want a green bronco and also want a MY21, just because I want the first year and my current car will be done in about a year. With the replaceable body panels, would it be easier to change the color in the future than a more conventional vehicle? I'm thinking about getting iconic silver and maybe the interior painted parts will still work if I just repaint the exterior. Like just pull the fenders and doors off and paint them. Or even just buy aftermarket or replacement painted panels.

Is this plausible or am I just thinking too far outside the box?
Sponsored

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll also be wrapping. I am curious though about the removable body panels. Does anyone have information about which panels can be removed? I'm assuming front/rear fenders can be removed?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Regardless of removable panels or not, repainting the vehicle with a reputable shop is going to be about $8,000-10,000 with a scuff and shoot.

Maaco can get that done for $2,000, but you said reputable.

If you're talking about taking it down to bare metal on every panel then re-spraying, then assume 30%-50% more than the scuff and shoot.

Note: My prices are for the greater Seattle area which has a ridiculous cost of living. Adjust prices for your indexed cost of living. EPA regs are no joke and with a quality clear going for about $300 a gallon, materials alone for a full re-spray are going to be ~$3,000.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You will not be able to buy prepainted body panels from Ford. They will have RTP (ready to paint). To do a complete color change the above estimate of $8k-$10k is not far off the mark. Quality material alone will be $3k-$4k.

How I see your options.

#1 live with the color you buy
#2 wrap it the color you like
#3 wait until Ford offers a color to your liking
#4 paint it

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Repainting the panels will still leave your door jambs and other pieces the original color which always looks like crap . A re-spray will certainly affect the resale value if that concerns you at all . Wraps can be cool but most end up looking like the vinyl that it is . I prefer paint on a vehicle myself . My plan is to wait a couple of years and then two-tone and/or pearl over what is there with fresh clearcoat . I don't care about resale because I'll be keeping it until I die most likely .

You also do not need to take a new paint job down to bare metal . You wet sand to scuff it up then use a mid-coat adhesion promoter to go directly over the factory paint . A lot of work went into getting the paint to stick to the aluminum body panels from the factory and you would not want to mess that up . In fact you don't even want to sand through the clearcoat . 8-10k is about right though for a quality job . I'll be doing mine myself and will have several thousand in supplies to end up with a award winning capable finish.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to wrap for the dual bonus of a color change and paint protection.

I suggest ordering black unless you want a white top, then Oxford White so the bars match.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Skmarshall

Skmarshall

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 F150, '16 Escape, '19 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can see it taking $8-10k to paint a whole car, but just four fenders and two doors? And you only have to mask the door? And they can be sanded and painted on a rack rather than attached to the truck?

I had not considered wrapping. I will definitely look into that. If it is a low enough cost, it can be replaced when it looks bad/I decide I want a different color.

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Raptor partially wrapped in 3m 1080p military green

Ford Bronco Custom colors by painting 1609352318251
how much did that cost you? I am planning on getting white and want to put some green stripes on the sides that maybe connect over the hood

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
how much did that cost you? I am planning on getting white and want to put some green stripes on the sides that maybe connect over the hood
My question too. Not sure about white, but maybe. Don't want to wrap the whole vehicle, but wrapping is definitely looking good.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regardless of removable panels or not, repainting the vehicle with a reputable shop is going to be about $8,000-10,000 with a scuff and shoot.

Maaco can get that done for $2,000, but you said reputable.

If you're talking about taking it down to bare metal on every panel then re-spraying, then assume 30%-50% more than the scuff and shoot.

Note: My prices are for the greater Seattle area which has a ridiculous cost of living. Adjust prices for your indexed cost of living. EPA regs are no joke and with a quality clear going for about $300 a gallon, materials alone for a full re-spray are going to be ~$3,000.
That sounds about right where I live, too.
Sponsored