First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bob, I love your enthusiasm, but If I take a hacksaw to my 70k Bronco, my wife will use the saw on me and I will have to use the fordpass points for a tent.
Love it. Sounds like our wives are blood relation.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bob, I love your enthusiasm, but If I take a hacksaw to my 70k Bronco, my wife will use the saw on me and I will have to use the fordpass points for a tent.
No hacksaw needed your 21' is already cut! 😆 Just paint the top though if desired lol

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no idea, sooner than later I hope lol. I've heard nothing, you?
I changed my order to a Big Bend 4 door soft top 2.3L and still haven't heard a word.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get a MIC top that is less than perfect and most likely will need to be replaced by Ford under warranty. Might as well go ahead and experiment with painting it. Maybe they fixed frayed edges while they were prepping it for paint. Worst case, get your warranty replacement top in 2023 once the bugs have been worked out.

Sponsored

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Get a MIC top that is less than perfect and most likely will need to be replaced by Ford under warranty. Might as well go ahead and experiment with painting it. Maybe they fixed frayed edges while they were prepping it for paint. Worst case, get your warranty replacement top in 2023 once the bugs have been worked out.
Painting a MIC top may improve your opinion of it but destroy the opportunity of getting a replacement top under warranty. I would not paint it without a written guarantee from the dealer that it would not be a warranty issue.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Painting a MIC top may improve your opinion of it but destroy the opportunity of getting a replacement top under warranty. I would not paint it without a written guarantee from the dealer that it would not be a warranty issue.
If I understand the original FB post correctly, this is a dealer who is upgrading their FCTP demo Bronco with a variety of upgrades including painting the top. Certainly the dealer will stand behind their work one way or the other.

And maybe the dealer can better justify an excessive ADM with all of the options they are adding.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I understand the original FB post correctly, this is a dealer who is upgrading their FCTP demo Bronco with a variety of upgrades including painting the top. Certainly the dealer will stand behind their work one way or the other.

And maybe the dealer can better justify an excessive ADM with all of the options they are adding.
My advice was directed toward anyone considering painting a MIC top while expecting/waiting for a warranty replacement top.

RTLGarage

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (I also have a 1992 XLT)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Full disclaimer, I am not the OP from Facebook. However, this is too good not to share. Check out the top!

Shawn C: “Just went on a test drive with Tom Detwiler, pics do not do this thing justice at all. This thing is an absolute beast! Parked next to the 4Runner, 4Runner has 6” lift and 35” tires. Makes me even more impatient for my FE to get here.”

“ Top was painted by the dealer, Dave Sinclair Ford, they are putting a package together for customers to purchase this as an option with them.”

Ford Bronco Custom painted MIC top on Velocity Blue Bronco (custom by dealer) F54B65CF-ED12-4BD4-8239-7B255CA5AF14
Ford Bronco Custom painted MIC top on Velocity Blue Bronco (custom by dealer) F67F016C-668C-43E9-AA29-8B3C26B4B0AB
Ford Bronco Custom painted MIC top on Velocity Blue Bronco (custom by dealer) 71F39BFA-A7BF-49D2-8118-B07EF3768E6A

Edit: Same Bronco as: Painted MIC top (custom by dealer)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely need up close photos for this. Wow!

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Roof is darker...But it looks very nice....I may just paint my roof when my Bronco arrives....Some day

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it painted or wrapped? That’s the big question that needs answered.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did they do the roof panels too? Notice they’re not installed. Hard to make an option from those angles.
Sponsored