BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just traded emails with Dallas Custom Steering Wheel http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com

They've done my BMWs and their work is EXCELLENT. From what I can tell the look / feel of the factory Bronco steering wheel leaves a lot to be desired so I will be sending mine to Dallas as soon as it arrives. Here's the list of options and pricing that he provided me specifically for the Bronco.
  • Wheel $349 (solid black leather) or $399 (two-tone, including combined perforated and solid black leathers)
  • Add an extra $50 if done with Alcantara follows the two options above
  • Adding thumb rest pads $100 (this wheel style has the factory's built-in thumb rest pads but barely sees them. Adding this option if you want to see them for a more pronounced look).
  • Extra padding $75 (if prefer thicker than stock for a comfort feel)
  • Adding a stripe $30 (any colored band at 12 o'clock)
  • Colored/Style stitching (no extra charge)
  • Shipping $30 (ConUS) or $80 (International)
I will probably do plain black leather with a blue stripe at 12:00 and blue stitching to match the Black Diamond interior accent colors.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BEM-S4

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would their custom job retain the heated wheel function?
Check with them to be sure but I am fairly certain yes. At least on my BMW the heat remained and works perfectly fine. I cannot speak to the differences between the two though (maybe the tech is different I have no idea).

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just traded emails with Dallas Custom Steering Wheel http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com

They've done my BMWs and their work is EXCELLENT. From what I can tell the look / feel of the factory Bronco steering wheel leaves a lot to be desired so I will be sending mine to Dallas as soon as it arrives. Here's the list of options and pricing that he provided me specifically for the Bronco.
  • Wheel $349 (solid black leather) or $399 (two-tone, including combined perforated and solid black leathers)
  • Add an extra $50 if done with Alcantara follows the two options above
  • Adding thumb rest pads $100 (this wheel style has the factory's built-in thumb rest pads but barely sees them. Adding this option if you want to see them for a more pronounced look).
  • Extra padding $75 (if prefer thicker than stock for a comfort feel)
  • Adding a stripe $30 (any colored band at 12 o'clock)
  • Colored/Style stitching (no extra charge)
  • Shipping $30 (ConUS) or $80 (International)
I will probably do plain black leather with a blue stripe at 12:00 and blue stitching to match the Black Diamond interior accent colors.
Pretty cool, thanks for sharing. I miss the thick steering wheel from my E46 M3. The thumb rest pads and Alcantara are great options as well.

OP
OP
BEM-S4

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty cool, thanks for sharing. I miss the thick steering wheel from my E46 M3. The thumb rest pads and Alcantara a great options as well.
Ha, that's funny. I actually got in touch with them originally to redo my M235 steering wheel to make it more like my E46. It has perforated sides then I went extra for the red stripe. Here's that BMW wheel for reference, the materials and workmanship are much nicer than factory.

thumbnail_IMG_0324.jpg

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
blue stripe at 12:00 and blue stitching to match the Black Diamond interior accent colors.
Do they claim to have a good match for Ford's Grabber Blue?

OP
OP
BEM-S4

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do they claim to have a good match for Ford's Grabber Blue?
What I have done in the past is send them a small piece with the color e.g. on my BMW I sent Don my e-brake that had the red I wanted. For the Bronco I'm just going to send him my steering wheel and one of the grab handles with the blue I want matched.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For the Bronco I'm just going to send him my steering wheel and one of the grab handles with the blue I want matched.
I appreciate your post. I landed on BD right off the bat, and had thought to go race red but stewed about interior accent conflicts. Ultimately I decided to embrace the grabber blue & went with Iconic Silver to avoid conflicts.

I might just follow your lead on the steering wheel plan.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha, that's funny. I actually got in touch with them originally to redo my M235 steering wheel to make it more like my E46. It has perforated sides then I went extra for the red stripe. Here's that BMW wheel for reference, the materials and workmanship are much nicer than factory.

Ford Bronco Custom Steering Wheel Options thumbnail_IMG_0324
Funny that you went thicker and softer...

...and I went thinner and harder.

Ford Bronco Custom Steering Wheel Options IMG_0432.JPG

Sponsored

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for posting this! I have seen the Dallas Custom work on many M cars and I agree the quality is EXCELLENT! I think I would go full perforated black leather with a blue 12 stripe and if they can a red, white, blue stitching. I miss my M5 steering wheel with the M stitching that really does look amazing. I itch to go full alcantara, but I really don't want to deal with the hassle of upkeep on that material. I have my gear knob/boot and e-brake done in that stuff and it keeps me in cleaning mode every weekend to make it feel right.

FEDF4C97-3D3D-4B72-ADB5-FE9DAAE91449.jpeg

OP
OP
BEM-S4

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I would go full perforated black leather with a blue 12 stripe and if they can a red, white, blue stitching.
You ever take a car w/ perforated leather wheel to the beach? I am concerned with sand getting in there. I really like the feel of the perforated on the M235 wheel I posted above, but maintenance on the Bronco concerns me. Was thinking just smooth black leather to be safe.

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You ever take a car w/ perforated leather wheel to the beach? I am concerned with sand getting in there. I really like the feel of the perforated on the M235 wheel I posted above, but maintenance on the Bronco concerns me. Was thinking just smooth black leather to be safe.
This is a very good point, so I might just ask for full leather with some updates to the form and a center stripe. Sheesh.......I need to get my head right for lasting effect. Thank you for bringing this up!

OP
OP
BEM-S4

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a very good point, so I might just ask for full leather with some updates to the form and a center stripe. Sheesh.......I need to get my head right for lasting effect. Thank you for bringing this up!
I am purposely not making my Bronco "too nice" because then I won't feel OK beating it up a bit. I have other cars for that. FYI not sure if you've actually driven with a Dallas wheel or just seen them, but they feel MUCH nicer than the stock BMW wheel (which isn't terrible to begin with).
Sponsored