Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Anyone able to get the 1000 dollars that Ford has advertised? Our dealer said that they X amount of money from Ford to distribute between customers, thus only being able to give each customer with an order 200 towards accessories and such. Does this sound right?
Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s up to 1000 per customer, I’m not sure how the allocation works though. @flip might be able to tell you the specifics. My dealer is covering the gatorback mud flaps for me ($900) and I am stoked!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone able to get the 1000 dollars that Ford has advertised? Our dealer said that they X amount of money from Ford to distribute between customers, thus only being able to give each customer with an order 200 towards accessories and such. Does this sound right?
Sounds like they are trying to be fair with their customers..

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MY Dealer/Salesman basically said they are not doing it. From what I read it was for qualifying Dealers...not all Dealers. IMO, Ford should just discount all long term reservation holders $500 buck$ (example) in the form of a rebate and take this out of the Dealers hands.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys are lucky. Haven't heard anything from my dealer or other that ordered from them. They are likely pocketing all the money they are gifted from Ford.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MY Dealer/Salesman basically said they are not doing it. From what I read it was for qualifying Dealers...not all Dealers. IMO, Ford should just discount all long term reservation holders $500 buck$ (example) in the form of a rebate and take this out of the Dealers hands.
Yes, it would be helpful if it came directly from Ford as the dealership I'm with, which i really like, has opted not to do participate. Seems wasteful to me, but perhaps there's more too it than I realize. :(

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've heard of others getting a larger amount, just like the post above. So 🤷🏻‍♂️ just curious
Ford MAY reimburse dealers up to $1000 per customer for post-approved expeditures. The maximum a dealer can get seems to vary from a claimed $50 to about $200 per reservation. Depending on another secret Ford formula of course.

So as an example, let's say the dealer gets $150 per reservation order and 100 orders. They can (and not guaranteed to get reimbursed from Ford) spend $1000 on 15 people and give the rest nothing. They could give $150 to each of them (in the form of a well documented accessories, or booze, or whatever I guess.). They could give everyone a $4 key chain, or any combination that keeps the total expenditure under $15000 (100 x $150) and not over $1000 per any one individual.

The dealer has to lay the money out first, spend a bunch of labor on receipts, paperwork, and so forth hoping Ford will approve and pay them back. They do not get to keep the possible pool of money if they spend less or nothing at all.

In short; The program costs the dealer money to administer it, dealers understand that some people will complain and be a pain in the ass if they don't get at least as much as someone else, or even less than the maximum $1000 even if they understand that means other people get nothing. It pits final consumer against final consumer.

Due to human nature, I would expect the dealers to give the maximum to either favored customers, or to pad their ADM (Hey, I cannot take less than $5K in ADM because of the boss, but I will swing a deal where we give you $750 in 'free accessories'). The rest of the reservationists will be told that the dealer isn't participating to keep them quiet.

Motor City Lifer

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford f150 FX4/ 2012 Harley Davidson St Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Took delivery of my Big Bend Squatch two days ago.
Prior to taking delivery, I emailed a copy of the bulletin from FMC to the finance and sales managers at my dealership (Blackwell Ford Plymouth MI).

I was told that Blackwell ford was participating in the program, and that all of there customers that qualified would be given the exact same "gift".

They were waiting to find out how many customers would qualify, and then assess there options on how much to spend per "gift".

I was given no eta on how long this process would take. But I was assured that I would receive something.

Sponsored

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford MAY reimburse dealers up to $1000 per customer for post-approved expeditures. The maximum a dealer can get seems to vary from a claimed $50 to about $200 per reservation. Depending on another secret Ford formula of course.

So as an example, let's say the dealer gets $150 per reservation order and 100 orders. They can (and not guaranteed to get reimbursed from Ford) spend $1000 on 15 people and give the rest nothing. They could give $150 to each of them (in the form of a well documented accessories, or booze, or whatever I guess.). They could give everyone a $4 key chain, or any combination that keeps the total expenditure under $15000 (100 x $150) and not over $1000 per any one individual.

The dealer has to lay the money out first, spend a bunch of labor on receipts, paperwork, and so forth hoping Ford will approve and pay them back. They do not get to keep the possible pool of money if they spend less or nothing at all.

In short; The program costs the dealer money to administer it, dealers understand that some people will complain and be a pain in the ass if they don't get at least as much as someone else, or even less than the maximum $1000 even if they understand that means other people get nothing. It pits final consumer against final consumer.

Due to human nature, I would expect the dealers to give the maximum to either favored customers, or to pad their ADM (Hey, I cannot take less than $5K in ADM because of the boss, but I will swing a deal where we give you $750 in 'free accessories'). The rest of the reservationists will be told that the dealer isn't participating to keep them quiet.
There are many threads on this crap program and this explains it close to the best as far as I understand it. There is no pool of money for the dealers. It’s all reimbursement after they show that they spent it and what they spent it on.
example- if they spent any on me, with a res and order of 4/17/21 and 4/19/21, they won’t get reimbursed at all because I don’t qualify. That magic March deadline comes into play even though they continue to take orders long after they know they can’t build them in a timely manner.

Braggarts will come on here acting like they are the best and did something special to get the max $1000. They just got lucky at their dealership is the way I see it. Like he said, it ends up pitting consumer against consumer (for those who like sour grapes), and ultimately consumer against dealer since it is such a shit program of Ford trying to make up for their fuck ups.

Just like the stupid third party check coming in for the changes in price for the bumpers and MIC that were standard on some trim levels. Ford could have handled this easily and personally for every reservation/order holder. Instead they farmed it out to another company so if someone gets screwed or doesn’t get their check, Ford can pretend it’s not their fault.

(It absolutely is their fault for changing items on trim levels that people ordered. They just won’t ever stand up and say they fucked up and don’t care.)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've heard of others getting a larger amount, just like the post above. So 🤷🏻‍♂️ just curious
I understand Chet. Your's is the first I've heard that was spreading the love out equally. I like that better than some getting something, and other being left out in the cold.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A hat, coffee mug and a full tank of gas might be nice. Not sure some will even get that.
Sponsored