Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2023 Job 1 to start Nov 14. So doesn’t seem likely that they’ll keep building 22s into December

351BEEC8-24A6-43F5-A405-0AD0E12ABBE0.jpeg
I'd be interested to know if you got one of these last year (assuming you work or have something to do with Precision) and it had December 13th (i think) on it from the start, or if it had a October/November date that slipped.
Sponsored

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2023 Job 1 to start Nov 14. So doesn’t seem likely that they’ll keep building 22s into December

Things change, but I can tell you that it isn’t weird seeing 2 different years made at the same time. When I worked for a dealership years ago, we would have to check window stickers around November to see what year we got. The difference in year might be specific to an item, so they would finish a line while starting another. So yes, I could see them wrapping up 2022s while in production of 23s.

What you might also see is a change in options in order to move the production line. For example, if the Wildtrak has when supplier issues, they may make the 23s with different wheels that the can source. Jeep did it several times. They would sell out of a pattern than the use the old ones and paint them in order to call them new. Then they’d be “standard” on the next year because thats all they could source for a set price and timeline.

I’ll bet that the build sheets for 23s will be very tailored to what they know they can produce and that will mean less options for them overall. Or you’ll get more ”package” deals where you have to buy a grouping of items and all those are things they have access to. Then the “refresh” for 2023.5 will be what they wanted to roll out but couldn’t because of constraints.

The results will be a faster production line, but you may not have as many choices.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Things change, but I can tell you that it isn’t weird seeing 2 different years made at the same time. When I worked for a dealership years ago, we would have to check window stickers around November to see what year we got. The difference in year might be specific to an item, so they would finish a line while starting another. So yes, I could see them wrapping up 2022s while in production of 23s.

What you might also see is a change in options in order to move the production line. For example, if the Wildtrak has when supplier issues, they may make the 23s with different wheels that the can source. Jeep did it several times. They would sell out of a pattern than the use the old ones and paint them in order to call them new. Then they’d be “standard” on the next year because thats all they could source for a set price and timeline.

I’ll bet that the build sheets for 23s will be very tailored to what they know they can produce and that will mean less options for them overall. Or you’ll get more ”package” deals where you have to buy a grouping of items and all those are things they have access to. Then the “refresh” for 2023.5 will be what they wanted to roll out but couldn’t because of constraints.

The results will be a faster production line, but you may not have as many choices.
I've worked at the F150 plant for years and when we switch over to a new year we're done building the previous year. Now with building and sitting them waiting for modules etc... some new year models may get out before the old year.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will if this is true next Thursday there will be no Scheduling because this week was for all of august.

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've worked at the F150 plant for years and when we switch over to a new year we're done building the previous year. Now with building and sitting them waiting for modules etc... some new year models may get out before the old year.
And I guess that’s more the logic here. You have a lot sitting built with items missing. They can’t exactly switch those to 2023s. So I’d assume wrap up will overlap a bit with new production.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Maybe it is me, but I am not seeing any new news here. I guess then intent to build existing reservations, but that was pretty much understood when they stopped new orders for 22s.

As for August for the 23 order banks and Mid November for changeover both will likely slip like they did last year.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really think all of us could be Ford Customer Service agents by now and provide the same information. I'm not trying to be rude, but while Ford has appeared to be fairly consistent with their message, where they fail is adherence to that message. In other words, actions speak louder than words.

82' Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Lariat 4x4 Diesel / 93' F150 XLT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just chatted with the customer service line (phone, not chat) and spoke with a rep that was eager to be helpful – I want to share with everyone the updates I got from them today.

Most of this is old news but some of these tidbits might be helpful for newer people on the board. Take this all with a grain of salt, but here is what I was told:
  • Ford's intent is to try and build almost all of the MY22 orders by the end of this calendar year, barring unavoidable supply chain hold ups for parts.
  • They do not want to roll over a bunch of orders to MY23.
  • Scheduling for future build weeks is happening every 2-3 weeks.
  • MY22's will continue to be scheduled for build weeks through Nov/Dec.
  • Current orders that get rolled over to MY23 will be ahead in line over new MY23 orders placed after the order banks open, even if they get rolled over after the new orders start coming in.
  • Wildtrak trim and Tow Pkg are two biggest constraints right now - Badlands and OBX are not constrained. Did not mention SAS Pkg, unknown if its constrained or not.
  • Priority Code really only matters if a dealer has similar builds to yours and they want to put yours ahead.
Again, most of that is status quo from what we already knew/assumed. But at least it's another datapoint for us.
What is the phone number for the customer service line you called?

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just chatted with the customer service line (phone, not chat) and spoke with a rep that was eager to be helpful – I want to share with everyone the updates I got from them today.

Most of this is old news but some of these tidbits might be helpful for newer people on the board. Take this all with a grain of salt, but here is what I was told:
  • Ford's intent is to try and build almost all of the MY22 orders by the end of this calendar year, barring unavoidable supply chain hold ups for parts.
  • They do not want to roll over a bunch of orders to MY23.
  • Scheduling for future build weeks is happening every 2-3 weeks.
  • MY22's will continue to be scheduled for build weeks through Nov/Dec.
  • Current orders that get rolled over to MY23 will be ahead in line over new MY23 orders placed after the order banks open, even if they get rolled over after the new orders start coming in.
  • Wildtrak trim and Tow Pkg are two biggest constraints right now - Badlands and OBX are not constrained. Did not mention SAS Pkg, unknown if its constrained or not.
  • Priority Code really only matters if a dealer has similar builds to yours and they want to put yours ahead.
Again, most of that is status quo from what we already knew/assumed. But at least it's another datapoint for us.
What is the best priority code?

Sponsored

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If i get pushed to a MY 23, i hope they add rain sensing wipers. The ranger has them and once you have them, it's hard going backwards. I know... This is very minor in the scheme of things but hey, gotta hope for something good. 👍

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well that’s promising that Ford’s goal is to get all MY23 built by the end of the year. And I’m thrilled that badlands isn’t a commodity issue