PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • Ford's intent is to try and build almost all of the MY22 orders by the end of this calendar year, barring unavoidable supply chain hold ups for parts.
  • They do not want to roll over a bunch of orders to MY23.
Great - but how will this effect those who are buried in allocation numbers.. I am at Granger - but not an October reservation... (and please don't bash/hate... so over the bs on that topic - it is what it is).
Sponsored

HeyItsABronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ll believe this happens when Ford actually delivers on it. We’ve seen this 💩show before with Ford and their deadline “intentions”.

Mark it. There WILL be 23’s delivered before the 22’s are all cleared out. There WILL be newly ordered 23’s delivered before all 22 models are cleared out, and there likely WILL be 23’s delivered before a good amount of 21’s who are still waiting.

For everyone’s sake, I hope you’re right OP, but considering the amount of manure that Ford has spread in the past, I’m expecting more to continue.

ThomasK

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak & 2018 F150 Supercrew Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just chatted with the customer service line (phone, not chat) and spoke with a rep that was eager to be helpful – I want to share with everyone the updates I got from them today.

Most of this is old news but some of these tidbits might be helpful for newer people on the board. Take this all with a grain of salt, but here is what I was told:
  • Ford's intent is to try and build almost all of the MY22 orders by the end of this calendar year, barring unavoidable supply chain hold ups for parts.
  • They do not want to roll over a bunch of orders to MY23.
  • Scheduling for future build weeks is happening every 2-3 weeks.
  • MY22's will continue to be scheduled for build weeks through Nov/Dec.
  • Current orders that get rolled over to MY23 will be ahead in line over new MY23 orders placed after the order banks open, even if they get rolled over after the new orders start coming in.
  • Wildtrak trim and Tow Pkg are two biggest constraints right now - Badlands and OBX are not constrained. Did not mention SAS Pkg, unknown if its constrained or not.
  • Priority Code really only matters if a dealer has similar builds to yours and they want to put yours ahead.
Again, most of that is status quo from what we already knew/assumed. But at least it's another datapoint for us.
Thank you for sharing. I appreciate that the customer service rep you spoke with has a job to do, but I find it difficult to put too much hope into the veracity of what they may have had said to you. Through the fall of 2020 and into spring of 2021, Ford inundated my email with updates from The Ford Bronco Team. Since then, they've basically ghosted me. Then I received one follow-up email last October and they stated that since my MY21 order had to be converted to MY22, it would be prioritized ahead of other MY22 walk in orders and dealer stock. As of today, I still have yet to receive any updates. Well, I'm just not feeling the priority from Ford.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't believe any of that except scheduling some build weeks. They're no way I'm getting mine by 2022 and I'm an October 2020 schmuck. Bunch of crap. My dealership had three built recently and I'm number 235 supposedly now.

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ll believe this happens when Ford actually delivers on it. We’ve seen this 💩show before with Ford and their deadline “intentions”.

Mark it. There WILL be 23’s delivered before the 22’s are all cleared out. There WILL be newly ordered 23’s delivered before all 22 models are cleared out, and there likely WILL be 23’s delivered before a good amount of 21’s who are still waiting.

For everyone’s sake, I hope you’re right OP, but considering the amount of manure that Ford has spread in the past, I’m expecting more to continue.
Yep. I agree. It happened with the 22's and it will with the 23's.

Sponsored

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I placed my order 7.21.21, reordered in Oct. So, it's coming up on my 1 year anniversary of waiting. I'm trying to decide if I get scheduled, do I go ahead or 99 it and wait to see what 23MY has to offer? Then hope I have it by winter.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s June and they’re scheduling for August. That said, I’d think they’d have my22 scheduling done by the time the order banks open for 23 and those not scheduled will get a 23….or 24. The ‘we’re gonna give our best shot’. Isn’t realistic, that’s not how it works.

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I placed my order 7.21.21, reordered in Oct. So, it's coming up on my 1 year anniversary of waiting. I'm trying to decide if I get scheduled, do I go ahead or 99 it and wait to see what 23MY has to offer? Then hope I have it by winter.
Yeah... I don't think you can 99 your order AFTER getting scheduled/getting a VIN. You're locked in at that point, I believe.

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah... I don't think you can 99 your order AFTER getting scheduled/getting a VIN. You're locked in at that point, I believe.
I don't have a VIN. Wondering if I should 99 and wait and see. I'm curious as to what colors will be out for 23MY

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't doubt that this is what Ford customer service told the OP. However, I seriously doubt all aspects of this will happen. Ford has bailed on too many things to date. No way they are going to start having reservation dates start actually having an impact.

As a Day 2 reservation, I've seen too much and waited too long to believe what someone says. Show us Ford. I'll believe it then.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At this point, I’d rather have a ‘23MY than the ‘22MY I have on order. If I “99” my current order, does that put me to the back of the line? I ordered mine on 3/2/21. I’m guessing I’ll be put off to a ‘23MY anyway, but I’d like to be sure.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they schedule/ build my 22 after Job 1 in mid-November for 23s- I'm going to be super pissed.
Lol, that's not how it works. Job1 for MY23 doesn't start until all MY22's have rolled off the line.

Other than that, nothing really to see here but a bunch of lip service by a customer service agent.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Sasquatch package is currently constrained until the wheel availability situation is improved, which is why they stated Wildtrak as being constrained. The lock-downs in China are the reason for the low supply of Sasquatch/Wildtrak wheels.
Wildtrak wheels are unique to the Wildtrak though. They aren't the same as any other model's Sasquatch wheels... except the FE. FE and Wildtrak have the blacked out beadlock capable wheel.

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you do the math, it looks like Ford could make a big dent in the reservation backlog by the end of MY22. From Jan-May Ford produced roughly 60,000 Broncos. That's an average of ~12,000/mo. (I seem to recall one month getting close to 15,000). For June to Nov. 10, that leaves 5.33 months, or about 64,000 to be built before MY23 begins production. That could make a lot of headway in the remaining reservations.

The big wildcard is how much of that production will be shifted to big dealer stock orders - ignoring the reservation holders.
Sponsored