Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If i get pushed to a MY 23, i hope they add rain sensing wipers. The ranger has them and once you have them, it's hard going backwards. I know... This is very minor in the scheme of things but hey, gotta hope for something good. đź‘Ť
as an Oregonian this would be a huge bonus for more waiting.
Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate to blow that one out of the water, but the dealer I used for the BD is smaller than the dealer for my BL.
My BL dealer has gotten numerous Broncos that are behind me in his line. Ford just refuses to make my high content Bronco, preferring decontented models. I think a lot of the early orders that Ford is not making are "loaded" models. This is not an allocation or "place in line" issue. It is Ford's choice to build what "they" want rather than what a "customer" wants.
It has to be one of two things: allocations or constraints. My guess is that your Badlands order had parts that weren't available, while they had everything to build your Black Diamond.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

It has to be one of two things: allocations or constraints. My guess is that your Badlands order had parts that weren't available, while they had everything to build your Black Diamond.
True. All things being equal it would be allocations, but with the chip shortage I guess that would come into play. My son's sister-in-law got her low-option BB in 3 months, I ordered before her and I'm still waiting for my Everglades (same dealer and I'm priority 10)

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, a true comparison would've been to order the exact same build.

Charlie

Wildtrak
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just chatted with the customer service line (phone, not chat) and spoke with a rep that was eager to be helpful – I want to share with everyone the updates I got from them today.

Most of this is old news but some of these tidbits might be helpful for newer people on the board. Take this all with a grain of salt, but here is what I was told:
  • Ford's intent is to try and build almost all of the MY22 orders by the end of this calendar year, barring unavoidable supply chain hold ups for parts.
  • They do not want to roll over a bunch of orders to MY23.
  • Scheduling for future build weeks is happening every 2-3 weeks.
  • MY22's will continue to be scheduled for build weeks through Nov/Dec.
  • Current orders that get rolled over to MY23 will be ahead in line over new MY23 orders placed after the order banks open, even if they get rolled over after the new orders start coming in.
  • Wildtrak trim and Tow Pkg are two biggest constraints right now - Badlands and OBX are not constrained. Did not mention SAS Pkg, unknown if its constrained or not.
  • Priority Code really only matters if a dealer has similar builds to yours and they want to put yours ahead.
Again, most of that is status quo from what we already knew/assumed. But at least it's another datapoint for us.
So what I get out of this intel is.....MY23 here I come....I say that because my order is for a Wildtrak w/tow package. I'm so thankful that I'm not in immediate need of this vehicle. Heck, if I keep having to wait maybe I'll get the painted top that I wanted from day 1. Thanks for getting fresh confirmation.

Sponsored

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i really hate rain sensing wipers on my truck. i have that feature disabled cause its very annoying that it doesn't follow a constant speed on the wipes. totally random pattern it uses. but this is at least hopeful that i'll get the 22 i ordered in november of 21 haha.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's exactly what I'm thinking. If in getting a 22 at the end of the year, I would rather hold out for a 23 and maybe have some better color choices. I do feel like I'll get bumped to 23. I ordered July of 21. Then reordered in Oct.
I would rather know now that I am bumped to 2023. Purgatory sucks!

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Subaru legacy KTM 690 Enduro R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, it looks like the hard tops are no longer a constraint. That right?

Juice Simpson

Badlands
First Name
OJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My order is still in Order Processed status. I called Ford today and they told me to call my dealership and request how many orders they have currently under “Order Processed” status, and what number are you on the list. My dealership just advised me that I have 10 orders in front of me. This is from ordering directly at the dealership for a MY22 Badlands Sasquatch with High Package on October 14, 2021. Removed the tow package on February 2022. Still no further emails. I hope to get it delivered by October which means I need an email with a build date soon.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting that they still call the tow package a constraint. I just bought a 22 badlands SAS lux with a tow package. It was a retail unit ordered by the dealer. But the one I ordered 18 Mos ago isn't scheduled for.production yet.
From a Bronco Nation video (six months or so ago) Tow really isn't a supply constraint---the installation is an operations bottleneck. The wiring process slows the assembly line down.

If you plan to hook up a trailer that uses the 7-pin connection, then the factory tow is the way to go. If not, an aftermarket hitch and the 4 pin kit is all you need (and cheaper).

Sponsored

Asher1774

Badlands
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just chatted with the customer service line (phone, not chat) and spoke with a rep that was eager to be helpful – I want to share with everyone the updates I got from them today.

Most of this is old news but some of these tidbits might be helpful for newer people on the board. Take this all with a grain of salt, but here is what I was told:
  • Ford's intent is to try and build almost all of the MY22 orders by the end of this calendar year, barring unavoidable supply chain hold ups for parts.
  • They do not want to roll over a bunch of orders to MY23.
  • Scheduling for future build weeks is happening every 2-3 weeks.
  • MY22's will continue to be scheduled for build weeks through Nov/Dec.
  • Current orders that get rolled over to MY23 will be ahead in line over new MY23 orders placed after the order banks open, even if they get rolled over after the new orders start coming in.
  • Wildtrak trim and Tow Pkg are two biggest constraints right now - Badlands and OBX are not constrained. Did not mention SAS Pkg, unknown if its constrained or not.
  • Priority Code really only matters if a dealer has similar builds to yours and they want to put yours ahead.
Again, most of that is status quo from what we already knew/assumed. But at least it's another datapoint for us.
Thats great I am currently in production and My blend date is today 6/29/22 so I'm curious if there is going to be hold for the sasquatch package of if it being built means they have everything they need for the build? and then I will just be waiting on delivery. The reason I ask is my daily driver was totalled in a wreck and I'm driving a beater with NO AC and no Driver Side door access. So I don't want to continue driving this vehicle for very long waiting on the Bronco I ordered on 7/17/20

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My dealer said….. My dealer doesn’t tell me squash. Love em, no MSRP mark up for all their clients but if I ain’t begging for info I ain’t getting it. Still I ain’t getting it.

Sounds like a country song to me.
No - my original dealer did not want to "confuse things" with 2 orders (his words and he assured me I would get a 2022 model - I am #1 on his list and a priority 10). I was not so trusting that Ford would schedule my order (Badlands with all sins except 2 door) so I went to a dealer in an adjacent town to order a simple Black Diamond (MID, soft top, keypad). It was built in less than 2 months.

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Job 1 date is set. Any orders that aren’t built before that become 23’s correct?
My dealer said….. My dealer doesn’t tell me squash. Love em, no MSRP mark up for all their clients but if I ain’t begging for info I ain’t getting it. Still I ain’t getting it.

Sounds like a country song to me.
Sounds like a marriage to me. Lol. Just kidding (kinda)

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A plan to get the Broncos built is one thing... now to get the backlog shipped and into the hands of the customers? That's a whole nuther' logistics issue all together.... I've been sitting on a "built" email for 4 weeks now with no estimate of delivery date.
Put in your VIn and tag ford motor company. They surely know where the vehicle is and what is going on. Possibly they will answer..
Sponsored