Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought some of you may enjoy seeing some pics of mods/accessories. I collected all pieces to this puzzle over two months or so, then did it all in one wave. If you live in the 4-corners area (SW Colorado, SE Utah, NW New Mexico, Northern Arizona) you may want to consider working with Chris (owner) of AudioBox in Cortez, CO.

My ride is a Black Diamond, 2.7, mid pkg, MIC, tow, roof rails, factory PPF. I added PPF on both sides about 50% up after delivery, and the front bug deflector Aeroskin II appears to also help with deflecting rocks from the windshield.

Although he specializes in audio related mods/upgrades, he also has all two way radio experience you could ask for, and did all electrical connections for me. 3 of us worked together for 8 hours straight and got the entire list completed. I did this in order to avoid pulling trim panels multiple times, this way everything was done together and by participating I know where and how everything went. They did a super job and I a m very pleased with how it all turned out.

I don't want to post all details of the various parts, so if you have a specific question, let me know.

Here is a list;
- GMRS Radio Wouxun KG1000G
- Ditch Lights with brackets, integrated with GMRS Antenna
- Diode Dynamic Fog/Driving Lights, the 6" S6 light bar
- two LED cargo lights (because the standard lighting is inadequate at night, when you need it most)
- Garmin Overlander off-road GPS with integrated BC35 front facing camera (for on-trail wheel placement)
- replaced all four 4" speakers with Alpine, and added sound deadening mats inside the speaker cavity
- Vantrue front and rear-facing dash cams with loop recording, parking mode, GPS, g-sensors
- Archetype BYOD rail on the dash with phone mounts
- 1UP Hitch swing-arm Rackattach with 1 UP bike rack
- license plate relocation bracket
- GPCA grab handles for back seats

I was especially pleased with how the GMRS radio was mounted, the unit is under the dash driver side, and the face-plate overhead driver side. Chris did his magic with pulling those wires through some pretty tight spots, but having experience and the proper tools/tricks made it possible. Equally cool was using the ditch light mounting bracket to also carry the GMRS antenna, this worked really well also and is rock solid.

Changing out the speakers was quick and easy, and for sure, 100% worth it. Makes a huge difference and only cost like $30/speaker, plus wiring harness and sound mats.

I also love my Garmin Overlander with front facing camera. I did not want to spend all the extra to get the high/lux options, and I did not want connection dependent navigation, so this alternative saved bucks and works just fine. Chris mounted the camera in the exact same spot as the factory installed one by fabricating an appropriate bracket and it connects wireless with the Garmin display. I press the "rear view" button to get the front view while on trail for wheel placement.

The Diode S6 front fog/driving lights are wonderful, make a big difference and I use them daytime as DRL in addition to the factory whites. They have a distinct cutoff line which I placed below the headlights main beam, so no blinding of oncoming traffic.

The ditch lights are like two suns and will serve great during off-roading and/or camping.

If you need help or want a pro to install your electronics, you can reach Chris at 970-565-4019 . I have no gain or interest in referrals, but am sharing his contact info because it really made the electronic installations a good experience and I can recommend him 100%.

Mods remaining and yet to be done are the Yakima roof platform, and Method 305 NV Bronze with 285/70/17 BFG K02s

Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_105119
Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_110155
Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_110208
Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_110223_LI
Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_110237
Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_110305_LI
Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_110352
Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_110411
Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_110426
Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_110437
Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_110513
Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_110529
Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_110621
Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_110630
Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_110825
Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories 20220130_111709
Sponsored

FreshKsig

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE Bronco, 22 BB Bronco, 21 Mustang Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice job. Curious though where you got the shovel and mount on the roll bar?

CaliBroncos

Wildtrak
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought some of you may enjoy seeing some pics of mods/accessories. I collected all pieces to this puzzle over two months or so, then did it all in one wave. If you live in the 4-corners area (SW Colorado, SE Utah, NW New Mexico, Northern Arizona) you may want to consider working with Chris (owner) of AudioBox in Cortez, CO.

My ride is a Black Diamond, 2.7, mid pkg, MIC, tow, roof rails, factory PPF. I added PPF on both sides about 50% up after delivery, and the front bug deflector Aeroskin II appears to also help with deflecting rocks from the windshield.

Although he specializes in audio related mods/upgrades, he also has all two way radio experience you could ask for, and did all electrical connections for me. 3 of us worked together for 8 hours straight and got the entire list completed. I did this in order to avoid pulling trim panels multiple times, this way everything was done together and by participating I know where and how everything went. They did a super job and I a m very pleased with how it all turned out.

I don't want to post all details of the various parts, so if you have a specific question, let me know.

Here is a list;
- two LED cargo lights (because the standard lighting is inadequate at night, when you need it most)
- Garmin Overlander off-road GPS with integrated BC35 front facing camera (for on-trail wheel placement)
- replaced all four 4" speakers with Alpine, and added sound deadening mats inside the speaker cavity
- Vantrue front and rear-facing dash cams with loop recording, parking mode, GPS, g-sensors

I was especially pleased with how the GMRS radio was mounted, the unit is under the dash driver side, and the face-plate overhead driver side. Chris did his magic with pulling those wires through some pretty tight spots, but having experience and the proper tools/tricks made it possible. Equally cool was using the ditch light mounting bracket to also carry the GMRS antenna, this worked really well also and is rock solid.

Changing out the speakers was quick and easy, and for sure, 100% worth it. Makes a huge difference and only cost like $30/speaker, plus wiring harness and sound mats.

I also love my Garmin Overlander with front facing camera. I did not want to spend all the extra to get the high/lux options, and I did not want connection dependent navigation, so this alternative saved bucks and works just fine. Chris mounted the camera in the exact same spot as the factory installed one by fabricating an appropriate bracket and it connects wireless with the Garmin display. I press the "rear view" button to get the front view while on trail for wheel placement.

The Diode S6 front fog/driving lights are wonderful, make a big difference and I use them daytime as DRL in addition to the factory whites. They have a distinct cutoff line which I placed below the headlights main beam, so no blinding of oncoming traffic.

The ditch lights are like two suns and will serve great during off-roading and/or camping.

If you need help or want a pro to install your electronics, you can reach Chris at 970-565-4019 . I have no gain or interest in referrals, but am sharing his contact info because it really made the electronic installations a good experience and I can recommend him 100%.

Mods remaining and yet to be done are the Yakima roof platform, and Method 305 NV Bronze with 285/70/17 BFG K02s

Love it! Did you drill into the roll bar for those holes? I can only find one on the side on my Wildtrak. If so, what size hardware/drill bit?

OP
OP
mountainbronco

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love it! Did you drill into the roll bar for those holes? I can only find one on the side on my Wildtrak. If so, what size hardware/drill bit?
Interesting, i have a Black Diamond. All holes in roll bar are accessory ready receivers, where the nut is already in the whole. Get the proper bolt thread size and you can mount anything you want, no drilling required.
Send a pic of your roll bar, from behind, like my pic, please

OP
OP
mountainbronco

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

CaliBroncos

Wildtrak
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting, i have a Black Diamond. All holes in roll bar are accessory ready receivers, where the nut is already in the whole. Get the proper bolt thread size and you can mount anything you want, no drilling required.
Send a pic of your roll bar, from behind, like my pic, please
Sure- see attached. Maybe we have an earlier model, and they didn't put those on until later? I guess I'll use clamps for the trail accessories, but this confuses me LOL I scanned my hand up and down the whole roll bar- R and L sides, and there's only one right above the bottle opener.

IMG-8050.jpg

IMG-8051.jpg

IMG-8048.jpg

IMG-8049.jpg

IMG-8047.jpg

IMG-8046.jpg

OP
OP
mountainbronco

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sure- see attached. Maybe we have an earlier model, and they didn't put those on until later? I guess I'll use clamps for the trail accessories, but this confuses me LOL I scanned my hand up and down the whole roll bar- R and L sides, and there's only one right above the bottle opener.

Ford Bronco Cyber O Black Diamond mods/accessories IMG-8046

Wow, thank you for all the pics. I guess we both learned something, either it is because I have MIC and this is a soft top, or because of what you said, indicating they are saving money by not having these installed anymore.

I literally have 4 or 5 on each side, on the side facing up (2), on the side facing the cargo area (2) and one on the underside (just like your pic)

I since added screw-in tie-downs and hooks to each hole, so I can just use them to hang groceries or gear during camping................

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The holes with nuts were on earlier models. As the months and build dates went by people started noticing that they didn't have the same mounting holes.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got mine in October (not Dirt Mountain) and it has all the bolt holes.

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is a list;

great write up and photos....

Can you share the details of the LED cargo lights? Battery? Aux switch?

OP
OP
mountainbronco

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
great write up and photos....

Can you share the details of the LED cargo lights? Battery? Aux switch?
they are simple low lux LEDs (Chris had them in his shop and ready to purchase, so I don't have name/model), we hooked them up to switch 5 and used the wire that goes to the rear right side quarter panel, then extended it, following the rear window trim. The nice part of this one is when you stand there loading or unloading, the lights are behind and above you - so no blinding you.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

they are simple low lux LEDs (Chris had them in his shop and ready to purchase, so I don't have name/model), we hooked them up to switch 5 and used the wire that goes to the rear right side quarter panel, then extended it, following the rear window trim. The nice part of this one is when you stand there loading or unloading, the lights are behind and above you - so no blinding you.
Nice, so does the ignition switch need to be on for them to have power?

OP
OP
mountainbronco

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice, so does the ignition switch need to be on for them to have power?
Yes, all Aux switches require accessory mode, or engine running. Press ignition button with depress break pedal yields accessory mode.

OP
OP
mountainbronco

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, all Aux switches require accessory mode, or engine running. Press ignition button with depress break pedal yields accessory mode.
Sorry, WITHOUT break pedal....dah!
Sponsored