First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tough crowd OP. Your 4Runner looks great. As someone who has owned 3 different 4Runners (3rd, 4th and 5th Gen's) I can be partial to them. If Toyota ever again makes a removable lid off-roader like the 1st Gen 4Runner it will be ON.
Sponsored

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange First Edition Bronco next to my 4Runner 20210909_191907

. . . The 4-Runner looks contrived and cheezie, and looks like every other Toyota and Honda on the road. What's with those fake exaggerated gill slots below the headlights? I know looks are subjective -- but holy crap does anybody think that looks good?

One thing I really dislike about a lot of newer vehicles - that 'Mean Eyes Look' you see in so many . . foreign & domestic designs . . .
IMO, that 'Mean Eyes Look' represents some kind of cultural disease . . .

Then look at Bronco . . . has 'Friendly Look' to it . . . what a relief . . .

And my '90 4Runner looks Friendly also . . . built long before Toyota contracted that 'Mean Eyes' disease . . .

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Coming from someone who has gotten their bronco, I am glad I did wait and not settle for a 4runner. My bronco is a base model and on top of it having some gremlins and ford as a company not being too great. It is a great ride and super smooth, im still the only one to have one in my city which is weird but depending on trim the bronco is much more reasonably priced, looks better and is more capable. Not much in aftermarket parts compared to Toyota so I will give them that. You should have waited

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tough crowd OP. Your 4Runner looks great. As someone who has owned 3 different 4Runners (3rd, 4th and 5th Gen's) I can be partial to them. If Toyota ever again makes a removable lid off-roader like the 1st Gen 4Runner it will be ON.
Well it isn't like most of us dislike the 4runner. I think that was a lot of our second choice if we couldn't get a Bronco, I think it is more so that they went on a Bronco forum to talk about their Toyota. It just doesn't make sense

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stock Bronco =

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange First Edition Bronco next to my 4Runner airplane-clearance-clarence

OP
OP
Jtorral

Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. For those of you laughing. You missed the simplicity of this post. Which was .......

Here is a 4runner next to a first edition like so many other posts of here is a _______ next to a Bronco.

it wasn't made to show one better than the other. Although I clearly state my bias declaring the Bronco more capable. It was a simple side by side to look how they stood next to eaccapable.

Also, the admin moved this thread from the compared to the competition to here which I believe was a mistake and puts a different spin on the original intention of the post.

But now, I feel I must respond to some of the naysayers ....

For those laughing at my Chinese made transmission comment, there isn't a major drive train component in the 4runner made in china. Yet the resurrected Bronco which I love and is hyped to be a reborn American legend has one of the most important components made in China. Where is the pride in that?

I will take made in any another other Asian country except China unless I have no other choice.

Believe me when I say my house is probably one of a few with minimal Chinese made products. Our entire household is well aware of the situation and makes every effort to avoid when possible. We don't just talk about it, we take action.

And lastly with all due respect to the 4runner bashers .... when a 4runner is pushing 300k or 400k miles, (fill in the blank and feel free to put Bronco in there ) the ________ will have been recycled into another metallic object.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.