AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (I also have a 1992 XLT)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wow! I saw a few CO’s at the Offroadeo, but none of them popped like those pictures do!

Beaut!!!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Updated the OP with initial impressions after Day 1!

My wife has wanted a Bronco ever since rumors started swirling. We talked about getting her one on the way home with her Gen 1 Raptor 6 years ago. A year and nearly a week ago was the reveal. She was still working that night when it started so I decided to wait for her. While I waited I hopped on Ford.com and found that reservations opened already. I reserved her First Edition 4 minutes after reservations opened while the world was still watching the reveal. In hindsight that was the absolute best thing I could have done. Originally had the reservation set for an extremely close dealer but ended up switching to a confirmed no markup dealer (Sanderson Ford) which we have worked with in the past. Didn't hear anything until January when we were told to submit the BnP printout, got it over early March. Then when the black mod top was nixed we contacted the salesman in late March to switch to the MIC top and ensure the order was modified.

Ordered: 3/12
VIN & Production Week Scheduled for 6/7 (Pre-Delay): 4/15
Production Week Delay Email: 5/15
In-Production: 6/26
Built: 6/29 (Blend was 6/25 but that was when MAP started flooding so kind of a cool story)
Arrived at the final rail destination: 7/13
Rolled off the rail car: 7/15
Delivery: 7/19

If you want to track your rail car, get the rail car number from your dealer. Then follow the instructions for tracing it through CSX or whichever rail provider your Bronco is being transported by. Why track your rail car? Because you can score pictures like this! PSA: We found the rail car sitting in the open on the side of the road. Do not trespass into rail yards or private property.

PXL_20210714_013515835.jpg

Your two longest periods of the delivery process (from my perspective) will be it moving from MAP to the origin rail hub (~1 week) and it sitting in the railyard (~1 week). Tell your dealer to "hot tag" your Bronco to get it out of rail yard jail by front loading it for final mile convoy delivery. Unconfirmed: Apparently Ford is preemptively hot tagging Broncos to expedite deliveries, per my dealer.

Update #1:

First day driving (but most riding) impressions; Wow! It feels like a lighter, more nimble and refined Gen 1 Raptor.

The Good:

Exterior

• As many have said, Cyber Orange looks GREAT! These pictures are not edited with a filter, the above pics are what high noon looks. That metallic really pops and totally changes the dynamic of the color. In lower light or overly exposed pictures (bright) it can look blah overly yellow or orange with no definition. However, in person it is much different. A true metallic color with lots of definition. Beyond happy with this color choice, especially in AZ!
  • Your first time seeing a Bronco on its own up and close is an experience. The guy we were working with at SDHQ really said it best, you really don't appreciate the Bronco's appearance until you see one on its own. I seen the pair at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale but I couldn't fully appreciate the look until now.
  • The MIC top COLOR looks great! I was concerned it would be a slivery gray and it is definitely not. Much closer to the color of the black plastic than I expected.
  • Taking off/putting on the tops is so easy.

Interior
  • It looks incredible inside, very fitting for the Bronco. The view out onto the U shaped hood is a really cool sight.
  • The rubber floor mats are excellent! The big Bronco logo on the rear passenger mat is a nice touch.
  • Everything you touch in regular driving looks and feels great.
  • The B&O Stereo is amazing all things considered, it is a big open space with not a lot of speakers. I am beyond thrilled with the sound quality and loudness. I have it set up with some extra midrange, bass, faded to the rear just a bit and surround mode.
  • Wind & tire noise, what wind & tire noise? Compared to our very loud Gen 1 Raptor 6.2L V8 and MT tires, it is damn quiet. I even forget we are in a removeable top vehicle at times and that it is supposed to be acceptably noisy at times.
  • The A/C is adequate in the back seats! It was 100 degrees out and humid (for AZ at least) today, sat in the back for 10 minutes and was not uncomfortable with it set to auto at 75 degrees. Will further test this at more extreme temps to confirm it is acceptable for kiddos. I am curious what a brutal 110 or 115+ day will feel like back there.
  • Tons of head room in the front and back rows.

On-Road Driving
  • Far from a harsh and unforgiving ride. Like I said above, it feels more refined than our Raptor does even after a full suspension refresh. I heard a lot of initial feedback that it feels squishy and did not inspire confidence, that is unfounded.
  • The 10 speed is unbelievable. Not once did I feel a harsh shift or felt it was searching for the right gear.
  • The driving position, arm rest positions are perfect. After riding right seat all day it felt huge but once I drove it for the first time it felt much smaller. Those gunsights really do make a huge difference when driving.
  • The 2.7 sounds excellent (or maybe it is just the piped in sound enhancement).
  • Haven't stomped on it yet but it has more than enough power.

The Bad & Ugly:

First and foremost, everything below IMO is livable all things considered. There are a couple of true issues sprinkled in that need to be addressed by Ford as the average consumer is not going to put up with it.

Functional
  • The Sync 4 - Now Playing display both in the cluster and on the main screen at times does not show the correct song.
  • The wireless charger caused a Pixel 5 to overheat and stop charging throughout the day.
  • The edge of the top is SHARP, it sliced my hand open. Highly recommend using gloves or being extra careful.
  • The GOAT mode dial has to be "cracked" the first time you use it. Think opening a water bottle for the first time. It is the oddest thing, I thought something was wrong until I gave it a solid toss and it made an audible and tactile crack/snap sensation then started freely spinning.
  • Sasquatch without sidesteps is a pain to get in and out of, it is just awkward IMHO. RIP the seat bolsters. Maybe we are spoiled coming from a Raptor with side steps but our first real mod will be swapping the rock rails for side steps.

Aesthetic
  • MIC top Honeycomb issue - The middle "honeycomb" layer of the 3 layer MIC top sandwich is visible on the outside & inside of the top. I definitely see how the guy who ceramic (coated or waxed?) his definitely helped make it pop. It is hard to see but is obvious once you identify it. I will monitor if it gets worse as it bakes in the 110+ heat more.
  • Blue (adhesive?) sloppily applied on top on the inside in areas not covered by the sound deadening headliner.
  • LOTS of sanding dust left over on the top, will be sure to wipe it off this weekend. When I put the top back on, you could see it fall out into the interior.
  • Granted at the end of the day I don't care but the top looks pretty poor on the inside. I agree and see now why they offered free sound deadening headliner for all.
  • The door hinges are not painted like mentioned in other threads, will take pictures when the doors are off. Also noticed in the swing gate area.
  • Swing gate bolts were painted installed (hope they don't need to be removed anytime soon).
  • Random paint boogers.

Side Notes:
  • 15 MPG with driving it more conservatively than normal in mixed driving. Will see what happens after the break-in period is over and 91 octane usage begins.
  • I wish the head rests in the front row were more substantial.
  • There are some plastics in the interior that are extremely cheap feeling (Like the worse I have ever felt) and scratch prone. The center console (shifter/cup holder area) and dash would feel way better if they were thicker plastics.
  • The door almost has a wobble to it when opening it.
  • The rear swing gate is very easy to use/open, not sure about the negative feedback I have been seeing.
  • Yes, the windshield is small, and the distance between the rear view mirror and dash is tiny. If you look out of the window it isn't bothersome. If you stare at how small the windshield is, yes it will feel small. The sun visors fill nearly half the windshield for perspective.

I hope the overwhelming feeling you have after reading this is continued excitement with a bit of understanding there are some teething pains especially with the MIC top. Do not let yourself become concerned, worried and questioning if you should continue. The Bronco hands down is worth the wait, go drive those dealer demos, attend the Off-Roadeo and experience it yourself!

Next update will be after finishing up break in this week followed by some wheeling this weekend in Table Mesa and Sedona! Lots of pictures to come from that. Will stop by one of my favorite photoshoot locations to take some pictures sometime this week with the DSLR.

If you want to check it out we will be at the Scottsdale Pavilions Car Show on 7/24 (this Saturday) between 8am and ~10am before it gets hot.

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

PXL_20210719_192449225.jpg

PXL_20210719_192414139.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210719_192338443.jpg

My wife has wanted a Bronco ever since rumors started swirling. We talked about getting her one on the way home with her Gen 1 Raptor 6 years ago. A year and nearly a week ago was the reveal. She was still working that night when it started so I decided to wait for her. While I waited I hopped on Ford.com and found that reservations opened already. I reserved her First Edition 4 minutes after reservations opened while the world was still watching the reveal. In hindsight that was the absolute best thing I could have done. Originally had the reservation set for an extremely close dealer but ended up switching to a confirmed no markup dealer (Sanderson Ford) which we have worked with in the past. Didn't hear anything until January when we were told to submit the BnP printout, got it over early March. Then when the black mod top was nixed we contacted the salesman in late March to switch to the MIC top and ensure the order was modified.

Built: 6/29 (Blend was 6/25 but that was when MAP started flooding so kind of a cool story)

If you want to track your rail car, get the rail car number from your dealer. Then follow the instructions for tracing it through CSX or whichever rail provider your Bronco is being transported by. Why track your rail car? Because you can score pictures like this! PSA: We found the rail car sitting in the open on the side of the road. Do not trespass into rail yards or private property.

Your two longest periods of the delivery process (from my perspective) will be it moving from MAP to the origin rail hub (~1 week) and it sitting in the railyard (~1 week). Tell your dealer to "hot tag" your Bronco to get it out of rail yard jail by front loading it for final mile convoy delivery. Unconfirmed: Apparently Ford is preemptively hot tagging Broncos to expedite deliveries, per my dealer.

Update #1:

First day driving (but most riding) impressions; Wow! It feels like a lighter, more nimble and refined Gen 1 Raptor.

The Good:

Exterior

• As many have said, Cyber Orange looks GREAT! These pictures are not edited with a filter, the above pics are what high noon looks. That metallic really pops and totally changes the dynamic of the color. In lower light or overly exposed pictures (bright) it can look blah overly yellow or orange with no definition. However, in person it is much different. A true metallic color with lots of definition. Beyond happy with this color choice, especially in AZ!
  • Your first time seeing a Bronco on its own up and close is an experience. The guy we were working with at SDHQ really said it best, you really don't appreciate the Bronco's appearance until you see one on its own. I seen the pair at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale but I couldn't fully appreciate the look until now.
  • The MIC top COLOR looks great! I was concerned it would be a slivery gray and it is definitely not. Much closer to the color of the black plastic than I expected.

Interior
  • It looks incredible inside, very fitting for the Bronco. The view out onto the U shaped hood is a really cool sight.
  • The rubber floor mats are excellent! The big Bronco logo on the rear passenger mat is a nice touch.
  • The B&O Stereo is amazing all things considered, it is a big open space with not a lot of speakers. I am beyond thrilled with the sound quality and loudness. I have it set up with some extra midrange, bass, faded to the rear just a bit and surround mode.
  • Wind & tire noise, what wind & tire noise? Compared to our very loud Gen 1 Raptor 6.2L V8 and MT tires, it is damn quiet. I even forget we are in a removeable top vehicle at times and that it is supposed to be acceptably noisy at times.
  • The A/C is adequate in the back seats! It was 100 degrees out and humid (for AZ at least) today, sat in the back for 10 minutes and was not uncomfortable with it set to auto at 75 degrees. Will further test this at more extreme temps to confirm it is acceptable for kiddos. I am curious what a brutal 110 or 115+ day will feel like back there.

On-Road Driving
  • Far from a harsh and unforgiving ride. Like I said above, it feels more refined than our Raptor does even after a full suspension refresh. I heard a lot of initial feedback that it feels squishy and did not inspire confidence, that is unfounded.
  • The 10 speed is unbelievable. Not once did I feel a harsh shift or felt it was searching for the right gear.
  • The driving position, arm rest positions are perfect. After riding right seat all day it felt huge but once I drove it for the first time it felt much smaller. Those gunsights really do make a huge difference when driving.
  • The 2.7 sounds excellent (or maybe it is just the piped in sound enhancement).

The Bad & Ugly:

First and foremost, everything below IMO is livable all things considered. There are a couple of true issues sprinkled in that need to be addressed by Ford as the average consumer is not going to put up with it.

Functional
  • The Sync 4 - Now Playing display both in the cluster and on the main screen at times does not show the correct song.
  • The wireless charger caused a Pixel 5 to overheat and stop charging throughout the day.
  • The edge of the top is SHARP, it sliced my hand open. Highly recommend using gloves or being extra careful.
  • The GOAT mode dial has to be "cracked" the first time you use it. Think opening a water bottle for the first time. It is the oddest thing, I thought something was wrong until I gave it a solid toss and it made an audible and tactile crack/snap sensation then started freely spinning.
  • Sasquatch without sidesteps is a pain to get in and out of, it is just awkward IMHO. RIP the seat bolsters. Maybe we are spoiled coming from a Raptor with side steps but our first real mod will be swapping the rock rails for side steps.

Aesthetic
  • MIC top Honeycomb issue - The middle "honeycomb" layer of the 3 layer MIC top sandwich is visible on the outside & inside of the top. I definitely see how the guy who ceramic (coated or waxed?) his definitely helped make it pop. It is hard to see but is obvious once you identify it. I will monitor if it gets worse as it bakes in the 110+ heat more.
  • Blue (adhesive?) sloppily applied on top on the inside in areas not covered by the sound deadening headliner.
  • LOTS of sanding dust left over on the top, will be sure to wipe it off this weekend. When I put the top back on, you could see it fall out into the interior.
  • Granted at the end of the day I don't care but the top looks pretty poor on the inside. I agree and see now why they offered free sound deadening headliner for all.
  • The door hinges are not painted like mentioned in other threads, will take pictures when the doors are off. Also noticed in the swing gate area.
  • Swing gate bolts were painted installed (hope they don't need to be removed anytime soon).
  • Random paint boogers.

Side Notes:
  • 15 MPG with driving it more conservatively than normal in mixed driving. Will see what happens after the break-in period is over and 91 octane usage begins.
  • There are some plastics in the interior that are extremely cheap feeling (Like the worse I have ever felt) and scratch prone. The center console (shifter/cup holder area) and dash would feel way better if they were thicker plastics.
  • The rear swing gate is very easy to use/open, not sure about the negative feedback I have been seeing.
  • Yes, the windshield is small, and the distance between the rear view mirror and dash is tiny. If you look out of the window it isn't bothersome. If you stare at how small the windshield is, yes it will feel small. The sun visors fill nearly half the windshield for perspective.

I hope the overwhelming feeling you have after reading this is continued excitement with a bit of understanding there are some teething pains especially with the MIC top. Do not let yourself become concerned, worried and questioning if you should continue. The Bronco hands down is worth the wait, go drive those dealer demos, attend the Off-Roadeo and experience it yourself!

Next update will be after finishing up break in this week followed by some wheeling this weekend in Table Mesa and Sedona! Lots of pictures to come from that. Will stop by one of my favorite photoshoot locations to take some pictures sometime this week with the DSLR.

If you want to check it out we will be at the Scottsdale Pavilions Car Show on 7/24 (this Saturday) between 8am and ~10am before it gets hot.

Update #2: TBD
That Color pops!

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats.

If you decide you don’t want the bull bar, I’ll buy it from ya... I just need the bolt pattern.

Sponsored

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The VB also pops in the sun, looks vibrant and fun. Easier to keep looking nice, and I’m a sucker for a metallic or a pearl. Would go well with gunmetal or silver accents/vinyl. and now this amazing depiction of CO shows up today. I think if I end up switching to a 2 dr, I’ll go CO. sticking with 4 dr will either be (green), RR, or VB.

I wanted to like AMB, I really did. but seeing it in person made me not want it. Needs a bit more blue flop to it.
Thanks. I wanted Race Red from the start but all of my existing cars are Red so I went Cyber Orange...but the actual production pictures look more orange/gold than the pre-production pictures, which had more yellow. Has me thinking.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

CO looks really good with the black graphics!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
What do you mean by too high to be effective?
With a squatch, if you hit a deer at 70, it is too high to protect the radiator, and is more likely to be bent into the grill...

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol unless there is some amazing green for the ‘22, I’m down to deciding between Velocity or Race Red.
I love how RR pops in the sun, almost like an eye-searing Ferrari red. It’s a rich,powerful color. Goes very well with greys and blacks for accents and vinyl.

But also I’ve found the non-metallics are a bit more work to keep looking crisp, they show swirls, scratches more.

The VB also pops in the sun, looks vibrant and fun. Easier to keep looking nice, and I’m a sucker for a metallic or a pearl. Would go well with gunmetal or silver accents/vinyl.

and now this amazing depiction of CO shows up today.
I think if I end up switching to a 2 dr, I’ll go CO.

sticking with 4 dr will either be (green), RR, or VB.

I wanted to like AMB, I really did.
but seeing it in person made me not want it. Needs a bit more blue flop to it.
LOL, you’re a person after my own heart! My last three Fords have been Race Red, Tangerine Scream (essentially CO) and VB. I’ve ordered a CO Badlands but I will switch to green if it’s the gas-can-in-the-sun green, just to have a new bright coloured vehicle.

I would have never lasted if I was a trout - anything shiny and bright and I’m on it…

20F8B70B-1C13-41EA-B7AA-3981E8157307.jpeg

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congratulations! So cool to see the Bronco has arrived in Arizona. Also, major props on tracking down the package on the train - That’s impressive detective work and confirms good priorities. 😁

Sponsored

TransporterG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With a squatch, if you hit a deer at 70, it is too high to protect the radiator, and is more likely to be bent into the grill...
Good point, didn't think about that. I had a high bullbar on my FJ that was very effective in shedding walkers. Why does Ford offer the low brush guard if not effective?

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

congrats....and I agree that this is the best CO has ever looked. All the MIC top issues are a bummer.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Amazing photo's first I have seen that properly capture the CO, and I have tried to take a lot :ROFLMAO:

Jchurch129

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Updated the OP with initial impressions after Day 1!

Update #1:

The Good:

Exterior

Interior

On-Road Driving

The Bad & Ugly:

Functional

Aesthetic
  • Random paint boogers.

Side Notes:

Congrats! We reserved on the 1sr night, and finalized our order on our 1st edition on 3/2, also from Sanderson. We haven't received a VIN yet though.... pretty cool that you found the rail car too! Enjoy!
Sponsored