Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I have a 2018 Mustang GT in Orange Fury which is a metallic based Orange paint the likes of which can be closely compared to the new bronco color Cyber Orange. I have been scrambling for months to get to see the color in person because of seeing pictures and it appearing very yellow instead of Orange. Well I finally found a local dealership in Central Pennsylvania that had a cyber orange ranger on the lot so I pulled in, parked up next to it and did a comparison. 1st thought "well, its definitely yellow". Now when I took photos the sky was very cloudy and the sun only popped out briefly for no more than 8 seconds. So it was a very cloudy day and my pictures are good but definitely not 100% accurate. Now with that being said, when people say "pictures don't do it justice" thats exactly the case here also. In direct sunlight it becomes very vibrant and very....mustard yellow appearing at certain angles. In the shade/behind clouds, it does become darker in tone and gives a more Orange appeal. It is a very cool color and I definitely do not hate it (kinda too late to hate it since I'm pretty much locked in with my build) but it's certainly going to catch some people off guard when they first see it if they haven't seen it yet. If cyber orange wasn't a metallic paint I'd say it would pass the eye test as being a darker orange color but since it is a metallic paint, it's lighter and especially when that sun hits it directly, it shines. I have also included a picture of my car near a yellow xterra a family member owns to show how much more orange my car is compared to a straight yellow car. I'd argue if you merged both paints together, you get cyber orange. I hope this helps!
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange in person comparison. 20210415_183445
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange in person comparison. 20210415_145348
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange in person comparison. 20210415_144819
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange in person comparison. 20210415_144830
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange in person comparison. 20210415_144855
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange in person comparison. 20210415_145001
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange in person comparison. 20210415_144904
Sponsored

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your Mustang is definitely closer, if not the exact, color on the Cyber Orange Broncos in the launch videos/photos.

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange in person comparison. message-editor_1603377236959-bronco_2dr_features_05

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange in person comparison. 2021-Ford-Bronco-side-in-motion-2

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for these! I've been set on CO since reveal day, have not yet seen it in person. Hoping a dealer here will get something in, there are two rangers south of me in this color, but I'm being lazy about wasting two hours to see them. Love the color, it'll look great in my driveway and great out in nature, be it red rocks or deep in the woods.

OP
OP
Abramsman1

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Your Mustang is definitely closer, if not the exact, color on the Cyber Orange Broncos in the launch videos/photos.

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange in person comparison. 2021-Ford-Bronco-side-in-motion-2

I would have to agree. Which is why I fell in love with the color. Like it looks beautiful in these pictures you have but if the photos were taken on the sun side of the vehicle, it'd be entirely different shade

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Would you
So I have a 2018 Mustang GT in Orange Fury which is a metallic based Orange paint the likes of which can be closely compared to the new bronco color Cyber Orange. I have been scrambling for months to get to see the color in person because of seeing pictures and it appearing very yellow instead of Orange. Well I finally found a local dealership in Central Pennsylvania that had a cyber orange ranger on the lot so I pulled in, parked up next to it and did a comparison. 1st thought "well, its definitely yellow". Now when I took photos the sky was very cloudy and the sun only popped out briefly for no more than 8 seconds. So it was a very cloudy day and my pictures are good but definitely not 100% accurate. Now with that being said, when people say "pictures don't do it justice" thats exactly the case here also. In direct sunlight it becomes very vibrant and very....mustard yellow appearing at certain angles. In the shade/behind clouds, it does become darker in tone and gives a more Orange appeal. It is a very cool color and I definitely do not hate it (kinda too late to hate it since I'm pretty much locked in with my build) but it's certainly going to catch some people off guard when they first see it if they haven't seen it yet. If cyber orange wasn't a metallic paint I'd say it would pass the eye test as being a darker orange color but since it is a metallic paint, it's lighter and especially when that sun hits it directly, it shines. I have also included a picture of my car near a yellow xterra a family member owns to show how much more orange my car is compared to a straight yellow car. I'd argue if you merged both paints together, you get cyber orange. I hope this helps!
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange in person comparison. image2
Thanks for your hard work!

Orange Fury is a very interesting color, but quite rare over here in the land of rain. Would you be so kind as to provide some macro photos showing the metallic flake of your Mustang? To me that is quite important as well when trying to compare pictures as it tells a lot about how a color will react in light.

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I liked cyber Orange from the start. Ordered it, waffled on it many many times. Saw it on a ranger behind tinted showroom windows. Looks yellow. I was going to change it today, but i got my VIN so I’m locked in. I hope I like it when it shows up or it’s a pretty pricey mistake.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was blessed enough to see Cyber-Orange (Faux-range, if you will) in person. It was inside a building - but I felt it leaned more yellowish than true orange. Mustard Yellow is a good idea but not 100% accurate. The highpoints / corners definitely sparkle in the light.

Is it my favorite color of all time? No.

If I was picking out a color of whatever I liked - would it make the top 5? No.

But it beats Gray, Grey, light grey, mostly gray, a little gray, really gray, black, blue-black, as well as the blues and reds - so that is what I am left with.

OP
OP
Abramsman1

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Would you

Thanks for your hard work!

Orange Fury is a very interesting color, but quite rare over here in the land of rain. Would you be so kind as to provide some macro photos showing the metallic flake of your Mustang? To me that is quite important as well when trying to compare pictures as it tells a lot about how a color will react in light.
I can definitely do that for you. I'll grab some tomorrow when it gets light out and tag ya

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd describe your Mustang (from the way the photos render on my PC) as "butterscotch" (don't take offense, none is intended) but that Bronco is still School Bus Yellow IMO. I'd love to see a REAL orange as an option but, for me, what Ford has right now doesn't work. From the available selection I've yet to see anything that has me switching from Velocity Blue but have to admit Race Red is pretty sharp, too. Color is a personal thing, of course - just like flavor, which is why Baskin-Robbins has 31 flavors.
Sponsored