Sponsored

Cyber Orange OBX Sighting/Impressions (no pics)

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First of all, I want to apologize because I do not have any photos. I was driving and actually very surprised to see a Bronco. I was in Hartland Michigan on M59 near 23. It is likely that it is the same Bronco spotted yesterday and the one we have been seeing pictures of in the factory. I just wanted to give my impressions in a real world surprise sighting.

My first thoughts were, "Wow that is a weird color on that Flex. Why does that Flex look so funny? I wonder what color that is." Then I got closer and realized it was a Bronco and nearly peed my pants I was so excited. The Bronco was making a U-Turn on M59 so I saw a complete side view of it and got a good look at the color.

Cyber Orange is pretty wild. It did not look orange at all today, but instead completely gold. The paint looked like a yellow version of the color Saber that was on the 2019 Rangers. There was no direct sunlight when I saw this because it was extremely cloudy today. I would imagine this is how the color will appear most of the time here in Michigan.

The four door definitely looked like a Ford Flex from far away, but I think a lot of it had to do with the fact I wasn't expecting to see a Bronco. The different colored top and painted fender flares probably didn't help. I will say it was definitely higher off the ground than a Flex, and that was part of the reason I was so confused when I was looking at it. I have been planning on a two door from the beginning, but I am bummed out how much I thought the four door looked like a Flex.

The size of the Bronco surprised me. It was beefy for sure. The fact that I thought it was a Flex from far away should be some indication to its size. Not a deal breaker, but surprising even with everyone saying they are surprised with how big it is in person.

Overall, I thought it looked good. Cyber Orange is a great color unless you really want orange and at a glance the four door looks very similar to a Flex. I also want to add that I was never one of the people that thought it looked too much like a Flex in pictures, but I was surprised when I thought that in person.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah it was pretty shocking. I always saw where people were coming from with the comparison, but thought the Bronco would appear more unique in person. The suspension does a lot to set it apart, but it's hard to really see that from so far away.

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Of all the trims, I would say the 4 door Outer Banks looks MOST like a flex because of the painted flares

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I never saw it until that video of the yellow OBX. First reaction was that looks like a fucking flex with an ugly gray roof.

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never saw it until that video of the yellow OBX. First reaction was that looks like a fucking flex with an ugly gray roof.
The gray has actually grown on me. It didn't clash as bad as I thought it would in person, but I may have just been focusing on the color because it was definitely the most unique thing on the road. I may not have noticed it at all if it were black.

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Of all the trims, I would say the 4 door Outer Banks looks MOST like a flex because of the painted flares
Exactly, and this is the primary reason I don’t like that trim. I actually like the Flex, but painted fenders on the Bronco just makes it look too “soft” to me. I picture that as the most popular mall crawler trim. I’m sure it will sell well though, and understand why it’s being offered.

I can’t wait to see a Bronco in-person, just hoping when I do it’s on 35s or larger if it’s a four-door, or 33s or larger if it’s a two-door, otherwise I fear my first impression won’t be too positive.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First of all, I want to apologize because I do not have any photos. I was driving and actually very surprised to see a Bronco. I was in Hartland Michigan on M59 near 23. It is likely that it is the same Bronco spotted yesterday and the one we have been seeing pictures of in the factory. I just wanted to give my impressions in a real world surprise sighting.

My first thoughts were, "Wow that is a weird color on that Flex. Why does that Flex look so funny? I wonder what color that is." Then I got closer and realized it was a Bronco and nearly peed my pants I was so excited. The Bronco was making a U-Turn on M59 so I saw a complete side view of it and got a good look at the color.

Cyber Orange is pretty wild. It did not look orange at all today, but instead completely gold. The paint looked like a yellow version of the color Saber that was on the 2019 Rangers. There was no direct sunlight when I saw this because it was extremely cloudy today. I would imagine this is how the color will appear most of the time here in Michigan.

The four door definitely looked like a Ford Flex from far away, but I think a lot of it had to do with the fact I wasn't expecting to see a Bronco. The different colored top and painted fender flares probably didn't help. I will say it was definitely higher off the ground than a Flex, and that was part of the reason I was so confused when I was looking at it. I have been planning on a two door from the beginning, but I am bummed out how much I thought the four door looked like a Flex.

The size of the Bronco surprised me. It was beefy for sure. The fact that I thought it was a Flex from far away should be some indication to its size. Not a deal breaker, but surprising even with everyone saying they are surprised with how big it is in person.

Overall, I thought it looked good. Cyber Orange is a great color unless you really want orange and at a glance the four door looks very similar to a Flex. I also want to add that I was never one of the people that thought it looked too much like a Flex in pictures, but I was surprised when I thought that in person.
Wait... Are you saying it looks like a Flex?
Sponsored