Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got bored today so I figured I would run to a local dealer to check out their mannequin. I am currently driving a 2021 Tacoma TRD Pro in Lunar Rock and loving every second of it. I picked it up in June when it seemed apparent my Two Door Cactus Gray Badlands Sasquatch with the 2.7L and Lux Package would not be built (I got so lucky I was right), but when I test drove my dealer's Four Door Wildtrak in August, I knew the Taco's days were numbered.

I have recently been battling with myself on sticking with Cactus Gray for my order or swapping to Cyber Orange, and the dealer mannequin was a Cyber Orange four door Badlands 2.3L Auto High Package with soft top, optional wheels, leather seats, and sound bar. The 2.3L is more than enough for a four door Bronco on 33's, especially if you are used to a Wrangler, and my butt dyno says it is way better than my Tacoma. The important thing is that Cyber Orange is still amazing!

Personally I feel Cyber Orange is still a tad yellow/gold in full sun, but I don't think it's going to stop me from making the switch. And I think Lunar Rock and Cyber Orange look so good together I will keep both if I can!

I've attached all my photos and I'm happy to answer questions!

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange vs. Lunar Rock DE559608-F630-40DE-ABB9-EBAADFDCD9E8_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange vs. Lunar Rock 3B205DCE-8530-4E7D-B485-C090BD344D56_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange vs. Lunar Rock 70E5E6DA-852E-4529-ADF0-26E178536395_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange vs. Lunar Rock BA85C507-1AAB-4B1E-9642-2ACA6E2B1EF7_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange vs. Lunar Rock A502B4C1-7061-4A75-BF6A-04BF23A3F352_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange vs. Lunar Rock 560AD724-2D16-45A8-A222-472C0FA8CA35_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange vs. Lunar Rock D7983755-62BA-4AFC-ACEA-131B734928BA_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange vs. Lunar Rock 2295C19D-9CBD-4459-A88D-6C3218566454_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange vs. Lunar Rock 893EF627-0B6E-4E70-B5D3-310E4D3422FE_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange vs. Lunar Rock E25C4F4D-356E-40A2-B05E-F177EEE54B1F_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange vs. Lunar Rock 29308469-C305-45C4-B48C-54BBD3D23FB4_1_105_c
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trading in a brand new truck eh? Better hope that used car market stays sky high or you've thrown money away.

Personally by me, used pickups are stating to clog up the local lots as everybody and their brother was selling high value vehicles on the bubble, and there just aren't enough people willing to pay over original msrp for a used truck anymore. You've got a beautiful truck that could easily last you 10 years. Broncos are nice, but save your money.

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trading in a brand new truck eh? Better hope that used car market stays sky high or you've thrown money away.

Personally by me, used pickups are stating to clog up the local lots as everybody and their brother was selling high value vehicles on the bubble, and there just aren't enough people willing to pay over original msrp for a used truck anymore. You've got a beautiful truck that could easily last you 10 years. Broncos are nice, but save your money.
Luckily Toyota Tacoma's have the best resale value of any other vehicle in North America for the last 10 years or so. I got a good deal on mine for normal circumstances, and an incredible deal for covid, back in June and sold my Wrangler for well over what it would be worth in normal circumstances.

I agree it's a great truck and in a different situation I would have called it quits there, but for what I paid and what I should be able to sell it for if the market settles down, I shouldn't lose much, if any.

To me, life is too short not to go for the Bronco. I only sold the Jeep because it wasn't going to make it through my move from Detroit to Dallas, probably wouldn't have passed a state inspection, and frankly I no longer have time to fix all the tiny things that regularly break on it.

I love my Tacoma, and debated on settling for it, but it was never my end goal. My heart is set on the Bronco!

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I shouldn't lose much, if any.
If you can pull it off with minimal wallet damage, get the car you love. I prefer a bronco to a Tacoma as well, otherwise I'd be driving rather right now instead of waiting. Been tempted to get a stick taco a few times because of how much longer I expect my bronc to take, but I just know I won't love it as much as a 2dr sasquatch.

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you can pull it off with minimal wallet damage, get the car you love. I prefer a bronco to a Tacoma as well, otherwise I'd be driving rather right now instead of waiting. Been tempted to get a stick taco a few times because of how much longer I expect my bronc to take, but I just know I won't love it as much as a 2dr sasquatch.
I am currently trying to figure out how to keep both!!

The thought behind the Tacoma was, "what can I buy now, that I won't hate if life happens and I can't get a Bronco?" The Tacoma is absolutely fantastic and it has outperformed my expectations both on and off road. I see why everyone is such a big fan! And honestly I looked at used first, but the problem was that all of the used Tacomas were going for over MSRP of a new one... hence the brand new TRD Pro. It was honestly the best deal I could find!

Sponsored

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I changed from Cactus Grey to Cyber Orange. First, the black soft top with the orange pops. Second, I actually love orange. For me, the CG looks great with MIC top, and I may get one of those down the road. Orange and soft top looks right to me. It is a bit loud and easy to notice. That's fine by me. Can't go wrong with any color on this, I want them all. AMB is another favorite.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Luckily Toyota Tacoma's have the best resale value of any other vehicle in North America for the last 10 years or so. I got a good deal on mine for normal circumstances, and an incredible deal for covid, back in June and sold my Wrangler for well over what it would be worth in normal circumstances.

I agree it's a great truck and in a different situation I would have called it quits there, but for what I paid and what I should be able to sell it for if the market settles down, I shouldn't lose much, if any.

To me, life is too short not to go for the Bronco. I only sold the Jeep because it wasn't going to make it through my move from Detroit to Dallas, probably wouldn't have passed a state inspection, and frankly I no longer have time to fix all the tiny things that regularly break on it.

I love my Tacoma, and debated on settling for it, but it was never my end goal. My heart is set on the Bronco!
Hear, hear. You da man.
Sponsored