Sponsored

Dad decisions- best Bronco worthy car seats.

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of all the accessories and aftermarket products I could be shopping for, my most immediate need is going to be a set of Bronco exclusive car seats for my co-adventures. One a forward facing for my 3 year old and another “booster seat” For my 7 year old.

My build is a Badlands with MGV. Im looking for something safe but also not screaming kids colors and patterns. Kind of a stock to the truck look, as I see the top being off a lot and I don’t plan to remove the seats every time the kids aren’t with me.

Any recommendations?
Sponsored

Last edited:

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in a similar boat with a 2 and 4 year old but imagine it will be a 3 and 4 year old by the time the Bronco gets here. I haven't gone too deep in my research yet since the wife will have final say on anything involving the kid's safety, but I also intend to leave them in all the time and want them to have multiple cup holders. I'll let you know what I find, but am probably going to lean toward the higher end safety rated ones since it could get bumping when we go on trails or the beach, which I'm hoping to do with them. We have a Graco now, and I like those so would probably look at their current offers first.

bdg149

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 VW Atlas, 1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Britax is our go-to brand. They have seats for all ages, and they have several fabric patterns to choose from, including basic black.

For the 3 yr old, we have a Frontier Harness Booster. I wouldn’t recommend that particular one because it squeaks and rattles when there’s no kid in it. But it’s safe and looks good. We also have a 7yr old, and getting ready to get a high back booster where the back can be removed. I believe this one is called the Britax “Skyline”

By the time I can get my Bronco, we will likely be able to get away with just a booster for my son.

OP
OP
Bronc-Itus

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Britax is our go-to brand. They have seats for all ages, and they have several fabric patterns to choose from, including basic black.

For the 3 yr old, we have a Frontier Harness Booster. I wouldn’t recommend that particular one because it squeaks and rattles when there’s no kid in it. But it’s safe and looks good. We also have a 7yr old, and getting ready to get a high back booster where the back can be removed. I believe this one is called the Britax “Midpoint”

By the time I can get my Bronco, we will likely be able to get away with just a booster for my son.
I’ve had a couple of the Britax as well. And cool to know they may have a matched set. 👍

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any seat would do, but what’s important is you put a “liner” or pad underneath...forgot who makes them..

1) to not ruin the MGV
2) for all the food, small toys, trinkets, they’ll be dropping...Cheerios, etc 😂😂

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am assuming 4 dr, correct? I would shop less on color (most will come in black, gray etc anyway) an more on safety, and then size. Finding a safe, but less bulky seat might be better for the back seat. Narrow (in case a non-kid has to sit in the back, distance between the car seat and the front seat, for leg room, storage etc.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any seat would do, but what’s important is you put a “liner” or pad underneath...forgot who makes them..

1) to not ruin the MGV
2) for all the food, small toys, trinkets, they’ll be dropping...Cheerios, etc 😂😂
100%
I'd recommend a liner/pad for any seat material for under a carseat. Save your investment and easier to clean up when taking the carseats out

OP
OP
Bronc-Itus

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes Ive dealt with this in the wife’s Ody. We use the ol towel under the seat method. But when you pull that out after a couple weeks it looks like a hot mess. And if the milk spilled🤭🤢🤮

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out Diono. They have some pretty slim and sturdy seats. Also the Radian series can take newborn through booster seat seat stage. We run two next to each other in a VW Atlas and still have confirtable room fir a third person (adult) in the back. Make sure you get a seat protector. I like the munchkin Brica Elite.

OP
OP
Bronc-Itus

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out Diono. They have some pretty slim and sturdy seats. Also the Radian series can take newborn through booster seat seat stage. We run two next to each other in a VW Atlas and still have confirtable room fir a third person (adult) in the back. Make sure you get a seat protector. I like the munchkin Brica Elite.
Thanks- Had not seen this brand before. Up my alley.

Sponsored

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
^This exactly. I currently have an Atlas with the same setup. The Diono Radian 3rxt has the lowest profile and is also the heaviest so if you don’t plan to move very often you’re in good shape. They advertise fitting three across in most vehicles.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great thread! Looking forward to seeing what others recommend! We have a 3 year old and while the front facer we have works, its time for a new one. It was a hand me down from our oldest boy (who is 9) and even after washing/cleaning it, it looks like it can form legs and walk away. Really for us he will be 4 by the time I take delivery so really only need a front facer for 1 maybe 2 years then it will be on to booster seats which are so much easier LOL.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been out of the game long enough to forget about a good recommendation for your younger one, but for a booster, we love this one for our 6 year old. It attaches to the latch anchors so it doesn't move around, unlike some other ones. Comes in a couple color combos. Highly recommend it. Also has cupholders.
Ford Bronco Dad decisions- best Bronco worthy car seats. Screenshot_20210228-092800_Chrome