First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Been daily driving mine for 2400 miles, 4dr, 2.7, Sasquatch. Very happy with power and MPG.
Sponsored

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Daily driving my FE (2.7/Squatch by default), now at 6k miles (mostly rural and highway); had been getting right around 17mpg. Three weeks ago started using 93 octane and have seen improvement to 18mpg, not to mention better engine performance. I know that can be somewhat subjective, but my perception is better from a standing start and when needing immediate acceleration.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Everyone, I wanted to get some opinions from those of you that have your broncos and are daily driving them. I have a 4 door OBX 2.7 non squatch on order and have been wondering if I made the right engine choice. It will be driving city and hwy miles pretty evenly split. My husband wants the 2.7 (and im always game for the bigger engine with more power) but how bad will my MPG be compared to the 2.3? Is there a big enough difference for me to even be putting thought into this? Does driving the 2.7 vs the 2.3 justify the lesser MPG in smiles?? Lol I know this isnt a vehicle for good fuel economy, but given we have the choice, I feel its worth asking.
If youā€™re hung up on the engine the 2.7 is all day better. No 2.3 in the F-150.
The other issue with getting the 2.3 that a lot of people donā€™t understand is the superior braking system resides in the 2.7 with electronic assist.
The 2.3ā€™s have the Ranger carryover vacuum assist with numerous documented deficiencies. They also donā€™t have one pedal drive or trail turn assist.
No brainer.

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If youā€™re hung up on the engine the 2.7 is all day better. No 2.3 in the F-150.
The other issue with getting the 2.3 that a lot of people donā€™t understand is the superior braking system resides in the 2.7 with electronic assist.
The 2.3ā€™s have the Ranger carryover vacuum assist with numerous documented deficiencies. They also donā€™t have one pedal drive or trail turn assist.
No brainer.
Oh wow this is super helpful. I did not know that

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh wow this is super helpful. I did not know that
The 2.3 does have the trail turn assist with the 10 speed auto. I forgot. Sorry.
Sponsored