Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm coming from an FJ to Bronco as well. Debating the 2dr vs. 4dr. We have small grandkids as well. I like the 2dr but will I regret not having extra cargo room to haul stuff (hardware store, kids moves, long trips etc) Any thoughts on this?
There have only been a few times when I've maxed out the cargo in my FJ, but yea, I suspect there will be a time or two when I'll miss the larger capacity of the FJ, but for those rare occasions I'll use the roof racks or a rooftop carrier.

My wife has pointed out that I can get one more grandkid in the 4-door, but having driven the FJ for the last 12+ years I just can't get my mind wrapped around driving the larger 4-door. Besides, the scarcity of an item drives up it's value, therefore, with only 3 seats vs. 4 seats I'm anticipating that there will be more competition among the grandkids for riding with Granddad with the doors and top off! :ROFLMAO:

As for cargo, the FJ total cargo capacity (back seats down) is 66.8 cu.ft. & the 2-door Bronco is 52.3. With the back seats up is FJ - 27.9 cu.ft. & Bronco - 22.4.

I've attached a spreadsheet I made comparing the FJ specs with the available Bronco 2-door specs. The whole GVWR vs. curb weight vs. payload is still up in the air for the Bronco (as far as I can tell), but most of the specs are very similar to the FJ's.
Sponsored

Attachments

Jeffwomack

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hell Yes. It will be my only Vehicle. Base Sasquatch 2.7. I plan to add some audio gear to make it the sound system scream. I’m late to the party and will be waiting to 2022.

Dubfound

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do like 30k miles a yr for work and I’m getting a 2 door. The Bronco is going to be my work vehicle. In two yrs you can catch me on the “Highest mile Bronco” thread

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There have only been a few times when I've maxed out the cargo in my FJ, but yea, I suspect there will be a time or two when I'll miss the larger capacity of the FJ, but for those rare occasions I'll use the roof racks or a rooftop carrier.

My wife has pointed out that I can get one more grandkid in the 4-door, but having driven the FJ for the last 12+ years I just can't get my mind wrapped around driving the larger 4-door. Besides, the scarcity of an item drives up it's value, therefore, with only 3 seats vs. 4 seats I'm anticipating that there will be more competition among the grandkids for riding with Granddad with the doors and top off! :ROFLMAO:

As for cargo, the FJ total cargo capacity (back seats down) is 66.8 cu.ft. & the 2-door Bronco is 52.3. With the back seats up is FJ - 27.9 cu.ft. & Bronco - 22.4.

I've attached a spreadsheet I made comparing the FJ specs with the available Bronco 2-door specs. The whole GVWR vs. curb weight vs. payload is still up in the air for the Bronco (as far as I can tell), but most of the specs are very similar to the FJ's.
I compared the sizes to our FJ when the Bronco specs came out too. For the most part it compares fairly well and really is mid-way between the 2 and 4 door Bronco. There's only a few occasions where I've packed out the FJ where it felt cramped on trips but that was with 3 in the vehicle, any more and it would have been tougher.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah.

Sponsored

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I already answered this. Too lazy to check. I will be going from a 4 door Subaru Crosstrek to a 2 door Bronco, so some convenience will be lost but off road capability will be gained. The Bronco will be my daily driver. In city the Crosstrek would probably still be better. I am retired and kids are all grown and live far away so it's usually just me or with my wife so in that sense two doors is fine. I plan to do a lot of off road driving but no plans for big overloading stuff. If overloading then a four door would work better.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2-dr BL, daily driver, just me, every day. Bronco will make winters more tolerable.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd recommend buying the model best suited for the majority of your driving needs. Rather than buying for "what if" or a once a year vacation. Get the most bang for the buck under typical driving scenarios.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I plan to daily my 2D. It should be a improvement over my current 4D Tacoma. We’re keeping my Tacoma as a third vehicle for the family, kids will be driving soon. Plus this way we will have two trail worthy rigs. Oddly enough I look forward to wheeling trips in the mountains with my buddies in a smaller vehicle. It will force me to simplify. I plan to pull the rear seats out as needed, and reinstall regularly. But the smaller space will be fun, I’m reworking my camp gear now back into a smaller, lighter kit. This will be fun.

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i plan to drive it and an older car as well. i drive 100 miles round trip so just to avoid racking up too many miles I plan to drive both.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Personally I'd feel engulfed by a 4 door since its just me. The extra space would be nice, but 2 door is where its at.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Daily driving a 2-Door is great unless you regularly have backseat passengers. I dailied my FJ for 5 years. The size was awesome. It only sucked when I had to access the backseats.

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll be getting a 2 door Bronco when I replace my 2012 Fusion 4 door daily driver commuter Dad car in a few more years.

All of my daily driving is single occupant only anyways. I just want something that I can drive safely in the winter time and take the top down in the summer.

1976BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 BRONCO, 89GRANDWAGONEER, 2014WRANGLER, 07FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been doing just that since Dec 8th 2021. Has made winter much more fun. Saved me!

DSC00228.JPG

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I daily a 2dr but I don’t have small children. One is grown and out and the other is learning to drive and almost out. Two large dogs (German Shepherds) fit fine.
Sponsored