IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, not sure yet, but I’m guessing the ride quality will be rough compared to the 4 door.
Define rough. The two door will feel like it bucks when compared to the 4 door. Its just a wheel base thing. Every short and tall 4x4 with a short wheel base I've ever driven has felt this way when compared to the longer version of the same vehicle. My old Blazer vs a short bed single cab vs a Suburban for example. Our 97 TJ vs our 2012 JK (RIP) is another.

Note "when compared". I never thought of the short 4x4 ride as a rough ride or problematic in itself. You can just tell the difference when compared to the similar but longer vehicle. I bet the Bronco will be the same.

If someone is worried about this they're considering the wrong vehicle.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2 door squatch BD will be my daily driver, my camping buddy, my dog hauler, my mountain bike hauler, my tonka truck play in the mud run the gravel roads rig...

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yep just like I do my 2 door Wrangler but this time ill have a few more luxuries. Going to be sweet.

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello,

Anyone planning to daily drive their 2 door?

Why not?

EDIT: I’m mostly thinking about the room and ride quality compared to the 4 door. I have mostly driven small SUV’s, but they still have more room than the 2 door. Just wondering if I can make it work. The 2 door looks so much better. More Bronco. I guess that’s an opinion though.
I daily drive a Miata. The 2 door bronco is plenty big.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No kids, so I will absolutely be daily driving my 2 door. I rarely use my back seat in my fusion now.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes it will be my daily driver and I will be hauling around 2 kids still in car seats and it will be Sasquatch.

camnut

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have drove many 2 dr pre- jk models and didn't like them. I bought a 4dr 2014 wrangler but ofc still had issues and I was in the dealership more then I wanted to be, axle replacements, seal problems, etc....

I am happy to have ifs with the 2 dr bronco and hope it drives great!

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I daily drive a Miata. The 2 door bronco is plenty big.
My son wants a Miata so bad as a project car. Not as easy to find in Kansas as they are in your area.

Sponsored

Bates63

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll be coming out of a 2014 FJ Cruiser. I've owned 2 FJs since 2007 and they've always been my daily driver. I love the shorter wheelbase and smaller turn radius offered by the FJ and I'm really pleased that my Bronco has such similar specs. The Bronco has (approx.) 20% less cargo capacity than my FJ, but I will be getting the roof racks, that''ll take care of the rare occasion I need more room. I suspect that my wife is going to be more interested in taking my Bronco on trips now and I'm looking forward to the competition between the grandkids on who gets to ride with Pop with the top and doors off! lol!
I'm coming from an FJ to Bronco as well. Debating the 2dr vs. 4dr. We have small grandkids as well. I like the 2dr but will I regret not having extra cargo room to haul stuff (hardware store, kids moves, long trips etc) Any thoughts on this?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm coming from an FJ to Bronco as well. Debating the 2dr vs. 4dr. We have small grandkids as well. I like the 2dr but will I regret not having extra cargo room to haul stuff (hardware store, kids moves, long trips etc) Any thoughts on this?
Consider that the 2 door will give you less space and less rear seat access than your current FJ. If access and space to haul stuff is a concern, then the 4 door may be the ticket. I drove a FJ for quite a few years and stepped to a Tacoma to get better rear seat access. The 4 door is really my only choice, even though I like the look of a 2 door better.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget about the two door having a small gas tank.

If you have an average or above average commute, you're going to want something with decent range.
Sponsored