BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello,
All the lucky folks who have had their bronco for a bit, can you give your experience on what it's like to use your Bronco as a daily driver? What your commute is like and estimated fuel cost weekly. I wasn't going to use mine for a daily but I'm considering it.

Thanks a bunch. 🐎
Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a relatively short commute, but have several jobs lol. So I essentially make a circuit of 15 minutes one way, 10 minutes another, then back, then 15 minutes home. I may travel 50+ miles in a day when school is in session. Probably a tank to a tank and a half per week, so $50-75 in fuel.

I've had my Bronco since July 2 and have 2000 miles on it. Averaging right at 19 mpg hand-figured. It is comfortable--more so than my 2017 Titan XD, though it is not bad--and the soft top opens and closes easily so I get to enjoy convertible fun even on rain-spotted days. Sync4 with Android Auto really improves the daily driver experience. Seamless integration with Spotify and Maps.

Overall, I love daily driving my Bronco!

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a relatively short commute, but have several jobs lol. So I essentially make a circuit of 15 minutes one way, 10 minutes another, then back, then 15 minutes home. I may travel 50+ miles in a day when school is in session. Probably a tank to a tank and a half per week, so $50-75 in fuel.

I've had my Bronco since July 2 and have 2000 miles on it. Averaging right at 19 mpg hand-figured. It is comfortable--more so than my 2017 Titan XD, though it is not bad--and the soft top opens and closes easily so I get to enjoy convertible fun even on rain-spotted days. Sync4 with Android Auto really improves the daily driver experience. Seamless integration with Spotify and Maps.

Overall, I love daily driving my Bronco!
Engine, 2 door 4 door, auto or manual, tire size?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fully intend to daily drive mine also.
Typically my work commute is 22 to 25 miles one way.
I hope, but doubt I'll get a week out of a tank ... 2dr .... seems like I put about 300/350 a week on.

I test drove one for a few miles and LOVED the ride and handling!

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's in his sig, I cant seem to see them when on cell phone though ..... he has a 4 dr BB 2.7 4.26 gears.

Mine will be a Base, 2.3 manual, 4.46 gears.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like the poster above said, 4 dr BB with rear locker and 2.7. Also will add I upgraded to 33's.

smhenry

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but my wife will probably drive it once or twice a week to work since she is about 5 miles from work and I'm around 20. She has a sedan that gets good gas mileage and I won't feel bad putting mileage on it. I daily drove my 13 Boss 302 for 2 or 3 years before I bought a cheap daily.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like the poster above said, 4 dr BB with rear locker and 2.7. Also will add I upgraded to 33's.
Thanks, yeah sure enough, I can't see them on my cell but can on my laptop lol.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's in his sig, I cant seem to see them when on cell phone though ..... he has a 4 dr BB 2.7 4.26 gears.

Mine will be a Base, 2.3 manual, 4.46 gears.
Took me awhile to figure I can read sigs if I view the page in landscape.

Sponsored

satx90

Badlands
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At first absolutely yes! But over time I plan to daily drive my 2019 EcoBoost Mustang (22mpg and still very fun) and use the bronco for when I need more passenger space and of course for all my camping, beach, hitting up trails, and road-tripping! The mustang will be my daily since 80% of the time I drive alone, 15% of the time I have just one extra passenger... that leftover 5% of the time my bronco will come in handy. I'm sure I'll still put a lot of miles on the Bronco as I intend to own it for a long time to come, and I plan to do some long-distance road trips across Texas and the US!

MustangRanch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT350, 11 GT500, 20 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Daily. Using as a company vehicle.

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone want to give us an update about how they feel about daily driving it a over a year later? Always interested in hearing from those who have had time to really drive it.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had mine since September 2021. I have over 12k miles. I really enjoy it still. The ride hasn’t changed for me. Still just as nice as it always has been. After driving three F150s, I was concerned. Wouldn’t have the bed area and would lose the comfort. Did not turn out to be an issue. Plenty of friends have trailers I can borrow.

If I had to say anything bothered me, it would be the seats over time. We drive to the beaches around NC. After 90 minutes, I can get uncomfortable. Could be age though.

Either way, I wasn’t expecting a luxury vehicle. I wanted a fun and convertible SUV that drives nice. I got that. Overall, I am very happy and will keep the Bronco for a long time.

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello,
All the lucky folks who have had their bronco for a bit, can you give your experience on what it's like to use your Bronco as a daily driver? What your commute is like and estimated fuel cost weekly. I wasn't going to use mine for a daily but I'm considering it.

Thanks a bunch. 🐎
I drive mine 21 miles one way. Last 2 are extreme uphill. I can avg about 20 mpg in the 2.7 with Squatch pkg, if I stay out of the turbos. I drive speed limit, on the hwy. Downhill, I put in neutral and just coast.
Sponsored