Sponsored

daily reminder to winch buyers. Dont do that.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious to who is driving from the screen versus looking out the big windshield in front of them that it's such a issue!
Because on some trails looking out the windshield = looking at the sky
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be careful with those thoughts about "smaller". Not sure if you've had one before, but the winch needs to be rated a bit above the weight of your vehicle. The Warn Zeon here is a 10. I wouldn't go below this level for the Bronco. Don't think it needs a 12 either, but still.

Ultimately, that camera is "cool", but it won't be used much on trails over obstacles as there is far too much to watch besides what's under the tire. Plus, if you're on an obstacle, you'll have a spotter (if you're smart)

Will admit the winch isn't a perfect placement with that bumper, but the intercooler, radiator, and other parts will likely be impacted by what bumper goes on with a winch.
Rule of thumb is the winch should be rated 1.5x the weight of the vehicle in order to overcome mud or rocks, pulling up and over and releasing from stuck mud.

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because on some trails looking out the windshield = looking at the sky
Crazy no issues for decades, oh how technology has made softies. Wonder what would happen without navigation these days?? Damn compass, map books and street rotations :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford did not think about this at all for some odd reason. But i promise you within a year or two that winch will be gone from ford and replaced with a different design from ford. And within a year FOR SURE warn will likely have a new bumper winch something exactly like this (with foglights)
The biggest question is the cost and complexity of IFS turbo winch bumper. For example, Raptor winch bumpers require a new intercooler and ACC relocation, so the cost is high (the winch is located where the intercooler normally sits). You definitely don't want a bumper that sticks out and ruins the approach angle, so there aren't a lot of good options.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crazy no issues for decades, oh how technology has made softies. Wonder what would happen without navigation these days?? Damn compass, map books and street rotations :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Says the guy shoving a smartphone in my face. 🤣

MaXberN

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica / Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called my dealer last week and told him to nix the winch because of this issue. I love the idea of a winch and the way it looks installed but in reality this will mainly be my DD. I'll use the 360 camera far more often than I would need to use the winch. If Ford comes up with a solution prior to the production of my vehicle I will add it back on.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. However, it's super cool that you just pop up here just to disparage others. I guess you have that right because you are a "Genius". :rolleyes:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Come on man, you don't miss those days do you?

Reading maps is something we should know how to do, but it was never fun, took up time, and sometimes got/gets us lost.

The technology was made as a result of issues.

The camera is nice. Particularly when trying to avoid some body damage on an obstacle. All of the guys who we ask to spot aren't always that good at it, but I don't want a grand of body work damage just because my buddy is a few beers in and makes a boneheaded mistake.

Then there are the new guys who generally fear going out due to these concerns and guys who aren't tolerant of someone being a n00b, even though we all start somewhere.

The more access for more people the better. Lots of good land out here and yonder to roll around in and reconnect with nature.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you're not planning to use it often and you hit the gym regularly, a front receiver and winch carrier could be an option that would keep the view clear. That doesn't sound like fun to me, especially in mud, but synthetic rope would at leas make it slightly less painful.

Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're not planning to use it often and you hit the gym regularly, a front receiver and winch carrier could be an option that would keep the view clear. That doesn't sound like fun to me, especially in mud, but synthetic rope would at leas make it slightly less painful.
Was going to say this exact same thing. I had front and rear receivers on my Nissan Xterra and had a "portable" winch. It worked great. Nice to be able to use it from the front or rear. Didn't use it a ton, but I would bet most people don't use their winch very much.
Kept it in the garage and only put it in the back if we were going camping/wheeling etc.
It is a bit of a mess in the mud, only had to do that once.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know its sort of late in the game but its important we have a thread about this since the popularity and love of the cameras on the car is exploding after they were demo'd at KOH.

If you order a factory winch from ford this is what you will see out of your camera. Ford screwed up big time on this design and you should not punish yourself for it.

there will be no "camera relocation kit" because the camera placement is essential to the 360 degree birds eye view effect that is so revolutionary. And moving it yourself would be dumb for the same reason.

WARN WINCH BLOCK.png

Ford did not think about this at all for some odd reason. But i promise you within a year or two that winch will be gone from ford and replaced with a different design from ford. And within a year FOR SURE warn will likely have a new bumper winch something exactly like this (with foglights)
This is the most usable view on the trail:
Ford Bronco daily reminder to winch buyers. Dont do that. 1612895146109

...and it's not effected by the winch.

That's a good sounding option, It would be cool if Ford could add a front receiver attachment to the modular bumper. I would prefer to only take the winch when I need it.

I know people were joking earlier about the HighLift...but it works pretty damn well in a pinch, and isn't dangerous as a winch if you know what you're doing with it and are careful.

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak