Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Honestly, I just get so damn sick of hearing the weak bitch about how "awful" a manual is in traffic. Like, I literally couldn't care less. I'd rather be slightly inconvenienced in traffic by a manual than be miserable in an automatic literally anywhere

But regardless, his whole post there could best be described like this;
As I said in the post above yours, I've driven in all 5 boroughs with my modded Audi, only issue I have is I need to readjust the resonators as 2500-3k is the drone zone, not the whole stop and go traffic.

Drive from NJ to NH and back twice, driven it though what you imagine NYC rush hour traffic to be (especially manhattan, where the only thing worse than the cabbies and buses are the pedestrians and cyclists) and again, while I need a truck for work, I don't tow anything, let alone bobcats like I was supposed to:
Ford Bronco Dallas 1581973910301
, so why do I need the big truck when I can get a little Trucklette with a stick? xD

Again, you're from Texas, you got Traffic in your big cities, I'm from Dirty Jerzy with our own shit, and despite the "Convenience" of an Auto, I'd rather take the Grand or two and reinvest it into something more awesome, like mods.

In Europe, where you have to stretch a dollar and they shift so abruptly and short, it's like they're amateurs (I was in italy 2 X-mas' ago visiting my dads family, the cousins would short shift asap and were abrupt about it), Auto truly is a luxury, but here in the states, having a stick is worth any minor hassles (We don't live in traffic, so as soon as it's done, back to having fun)
Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As I said in the post above yours, I've driven in all 5 boroughs with my modded Audi, only issue I have is I need to readjust the resonators as 2500-3k is the drone zone, not the whole stop and go traffic.

Drive from NJ to NH and back twice, driven it though what you imagine NYC rush hour traffic to be (especially manhattan, where the only thing worse than the cabbies and buses are the pedestrians and cyclists) and again, while I need a truck for work, I don't tow anything, let alone bobcats like I was supposed to:
Ford Bronco Dallas 1581973910301
, so why do I need the big truck when I can get a little Trucklette with a stick? xD

Again, you're from Texas, you got Traffic in your big cities, I'm from Dirty Jerzy with our own shit, and despite the "Convenience" of an Auto, I'd rather take the Grand or two and reinvest it into something more awesome, like mods.

In Europe, where you have to stretch a dollar and they shift so abruptly and short, it's like they're amateurs (I was in italy 2 X-mas' ago visiting my dads family, the cousins would short shift asap and were abrupt about it), Auto truly is a luxury, but here in the states, having a stick is worth any minor hassles (We don't live in traffic, so as soon as it's done, back to having fun)
Oh, trust me, I know what dirty jersey is like. I live in Dallas (which has pretty bad traffic), but I'm from central PA, and all my family is from the south jersey/philly/deleware area, so that's my home. I've done countless drives through NYC in a manual and never once thought "geez, sure do wish I had an automatic"

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Oh, trust me, I know what dirty jersey is like. I live in Dallas (which has pretty bad traffic), but I'm from central PA, and all my family is from the south jersey/philly/deleware area, so that's my home. I've done countless drives through NYC in a manual and never once thought "geez, sure do wish I had an automatic"
First time I really wanted a manual was ages ago after my Grandma's funeral; sisters and her ex wanted to go home after the after burial family lunch but were afraid of driving in Staten Island, he had an Accord and the whole time, I was playing with the invisible clutch; that's a car that needs a manual.

Sister and her Husband are actually moving to Dallas, can't wait to see how it is (Overall, not just traffic).

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sister and her Husband are actually moving to Dallas, can't wait to see how it is (Overall, not just traffic).
Honestly, even though I'm going to be leaving Dallas within the next year or so, I love it here and may find myself back here. Traffic is really only bad in certain areas and only during rush hour. Aside from that, it really is a beautiful place. Plenty of things to do, relatively stable weather, and the people are great

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Honestly, even though I'm going to be leaving Dallas within the next year or so, I love it here and may find myself back here. Traffic is really only bad in certain areas and only during rush hour. Aside from that, it really is a beautiful place. Plenty of things to do, relatively stable weather, and the people are great
Any advice you'd get from locals about the area and stuff, shit you wouldn't find out from a general Google search?

I'll pass it on, actually trying to get my other sister to move as well, so I can have the house all to myself

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Random question from my other sister

She loves Mini's and always wanted one, would they make fun of her down there with one?

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

She loves Mini's and always wanted one, would they make fun of her down there with one?
I really doubt it. If she was a he there might be some jokes from friends. I had an 06 mini cooper s a few years back and never caught too much flac. Anyone that would give me and hard time I would give them a ride and that seemed to change their mind. It was a little go kart that made a great whine from the supercharger. Always put a smile on my face.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I really doubt it. If she was a he there might be some jokes from friends. I had an 06 mini cooper s a few years back and never caught too much flac. Anyone that would give me and hard time I would give them a ride and that seemed to change their mind. It was a little go kart that made a great whine from the supercharger. Always put a smile on my face.
Oh, they're fun indeed, already looking at mods like sway bars, exhausts and intercoolers (tunes if there's a great mini tuner down there)

So mild ribbing from friends at most, she'll live.

Can't wait to be back there in June (helping them move), any places in Uptown to visit?

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, they're fun indeed, already looking at mods like sway bars, exhausts and intercoolers (tunes if there's a great mini tuner down there)

So mild ribbing from friends at most, she'll live.

Can't wait to be back there in June (helping them move), any places in Uptown to visit?
Not sure if their are any mini tuners in Dallas though I'm sure there is one.

I can't really help you out with places to visit. I'm a transplant from MO living in Houston. Only driven through Dallas.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if their are any mini tuners in Dallas though I'm sure there is one.

I can't really help you out with places to visit. I'm a transplant from MO living in Houston. Only driven through Dallas.
How was MO, how do you like Houston?

Sponsored

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How was MO, how do you like Houston?
I grew up in Missouri so I have a soft spot for it but every time I go back to visit friends/family I like it less. Driving around small town MO just seems trashy. Lot of litter. I left Missouri for work. Pay is a lot better in the Houston area and cost of living isn't that crazy. It can be in some areas but not to hard to avoid yet. Only big problem with Houston is the number of people. There is almost always traffic. That combined with never ending road construction can lead to lots of time wasted sitting in your car. They say Houston is and hour away from Houston and it it true.

Houston is also a huge melting pot so not hard to find pretty much any kind of cuisine you could want. Lots of breweries and being a big city draws a lot of big events.

Chewcudda

Black Diamond
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia soul, mini cooper, kawasaki versys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

My wife has a mini countryman and loves it here.... it is an auto but she hates to drive manual so....

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife has a mini countryman and loves it here.... it is an auto but she hates to drive manual so....
I hear ya

Can't wait, going in 2 months, 9/29. Renting a Wrangler to really experience it and then know how much more I like the Bronco in comparison

Chewcudda

Black Diamond
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia soul, mini cooper, kawasaki versys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
there is the usual tourist stuff. The 6th floor museum, the house (or more specific houseframe) they shot dallas at, Et Al.

I live north of dallas and could point you to good restaurants to try and some ho
Sponsored