Sponsored

Damage at Off-Rodeo -- anyone been charged for it?

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone been charged for damage at an Off-Rodeo? Wondering if there is a real need to get the extra insurance?
Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have read anecdotal stories of people seeing a Bronco damaged but have not seen a verified account of someone being charged for damage.
I did not opt for the additional insurance when I went.

BLBronco133

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Focus ST, 98 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone been charged for damage at an Off-Rodeo? Wondering if there is a real need to get the extra insurance?
At the off rodeo in NH one of the attendees went to use the parking brake and didn’t realize it was electronic. He pulled the whole button right off of the dash after they had warned everyone. They made him fill out paperwork after the event with his insurance information and everything. They definitely aren’t letting anything slip by.

Sponsored

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It was worth the $75 bucks for peice of mind when I decided to take some of the tougher lines in NH.

mjbk12

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$75 is cheap protection. As at the end of the day each and every vehicle was checked. It isn't likely, but it's cheaper than getting unlucky on the trail and having something happen.
$75 may be cheap but it all depends upon what you are paying for. You also may want to know what the deductible is even with this insurance. My memory is suggesting that it was 3 grand, but i may be mistaken. I opted out of the insurance.

mbryant1985

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco (project)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I remember correctly...the insurance didn't prevent you from paying for damages, it capped the amount you would pay at something like $3,000. So the "small fee" is not all that much of an ease of mind. Just be sure to read the fine print. I did not sign up for the insurance when I attended Austin, TX back in August. You'll definitely do some knarly rock crawling, but overall I think you would have to be deliberately dumb to cause serious damage, the guides were very good.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assumed that my credit card which comes with rental insurance or my actual comprehensive car insurance would have covered this, but wasn’t sure. I didn’t buy it, and glad I didn’t. I did the Moab off-roadeo.
And not to take anything away from that event because it was great, but not once did I think “oh crap, wish I would have bought the insurance “.

Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
$75 is cheap protection. As at the end of the day each and every vehicle was checked. It isn't likely, but it's cheaper than getting unlucky on the trail and having something happen.
I agree with this although I think it’s a bit crappy that Ford doesn’t just cover any cost of damage. I went to the Nevada event in September and opted to get the insurance. There was some discussion about insurance among our group and I think I was the only one out of 8 attendees that got the insurance. One driver got high centered and the underside of his Bronco was scraped up. According to our guide, that was considered normal wear and not damage. His comment went something like “damage is considered something that the Bronco has to be taken off site to fix.” By the way, if the Bronco is damaged and you have insurance, you are still responsible for the first $3500.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd get it. When I went to the NH one in Sept. I felt better knowing that I had sprung for it, given the terrain and my comfortability. I can see something happening to the Bronco that technically isn't your fault, but it would be since you were behind the wheel.

During that day, another driver actually watched an acorn drop and hit the hood and dent it. He showed the guide and after the day concluded, the guide needed to do paperwork about it. It wasn't the driver's fault (and wasn't "dinged" for it), but I'm just sharing this as an example that they are taking damage very seriously, no matter how minimal.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd opt for the insurance. Small dollars considering what could happen (albeit, unlikely). No different than driving on the road and something occurs that may not be your fault.

For me, that would give me the piece of mind and allow me to enjoy the Off-Rodeo just a little bit more.

Mdh186

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assumed that my credit card which comes with rental insurance or my actual comprehensive car insurance would have covered this, but wasn’t sure. I didn’t buy it, and glad I didn’t. I did the Moab off-roadeo.
And not to take anything away from that event because it was great, but not once did I think “oh crap, wish I would have bought the insurance “.
Don’t assume this.

Card coverage does not extend to Turo or loaners from dealership. I had a particularly unpleasant experience with the latter and now know it only covers the hertz/Avis type rentals. Definitely not ride share like Turo. Cowardly in my opinion.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cant speak for any of the other locations, but the Austin location driving is very unlikely you will do damage to the vehicle (as others have mentioned) unless you are doing something that you really shouldnt be doing. For the most parts all the vehicles travel in a convoy repeating the same thing that last person did and the really hairy parts have a spotter from the site telling you what to do. It is very unlikely that you will damage the vehicle at least for what I saw at the Austin location, but everyone make their own decision. I went without, but have experience with driving off-road and track racing. I was confident enough that if I did something enough to damage it, it was something I was going to be prepared to deal with. In saying that, the last run was with the professional driver instructor in the Wildtrak that I had chosen and it so happened to get a bucket ton of rain in minutes and the instructor did happen to put the right side corner into a fence post running it over, but no real damage happened and we had a look at the end and it was fine. Nothing to write home about.

Rainy Off-Roadeo Fun Run with pro driver.

This fence post and barbed wire was run over with the right rear tire/fender....
Ford Bronco Damage at Off-Rodeo -- anyone been charged for it? 1642171176833
Sponsored