Sponsored

Damage at Off-Rodeo -- anyone been charged for it?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As the expression goes, "If you think insurance is expensive, try not having it."

That being said, after learning about the $3k deductible, it sounds like a con game to me.

I've also seen an Early Bronco hop over an errant tree root that caused it to bounce it's top into a low hanging branch and crease it right on the out side corner. It was heart breaking, and lord knows what it would cost to repair replace that top.

If I attend one, I am going to approach my insurance agent about comprehensive/one time event/rental/whatever coverage for something like this, see what they offer.
I have heard they have similar offerings for the "one time event" offroaders. Even if it were a couple hundred for the day/weekend, as long as it removes the $3k deductible, I'd feel better about it.
Sponsored

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
I opted out of the insurance. I figured that as long as I obeyed instruction, they can’t pin any damage on me for anything that happens.
They’re selling you on the experience of off-roading. The possibility of damage is ever present. Good luck trying to sue a customer for buying that experience.
But if you veer off course or don’t otherwise listen to instruction, and something happens to the truck as a result, in front of a dozen witnesses… then you’re outa luck.

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone been charged for damage at an Off-Rodeo? Wondering if there is a real need to get the extra insurance?

Absolutely NOT. So many people worry about everything. I went to Moab and there is no opportunities for you to smash it. It's not a racecourse and the instructor is sitting there at your window telling you what to do on any somewhat more challenging spots. Worthless waste of money

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought it when i went but never had to use it. Insurance is just that, just in case so it doesnt go on your insurance claims.

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Attended the Austin Off-Roadeo. Our guides said nobody had yet needed it. Those are preproduction models that will be put out to pasture (crushed) anyhow and I don't think they really want to be charging insurance claims on order holders unless someone just does something intentionally stupid.

I had a OB Sas 4DR and might have heard a pretty loud rock thud right after my guide was saying "MORE DRIVER" . . . but in the end it wasn't an issue. BTW - one of the side steps had clearly been bent on that OB before I even got it too.

Sponsored

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When I went in November to Austin the rep said not one claim has been made but then on the race Baja course they said 2 trucks have torn the roof on a limb but maybe that was to keep us from jumping it….🤷‍♂️

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely NOT. So many people worry about everything. I went to Moab and there is no opportunities for you to smash it. It's not a racecourse and the instructor is sitting there at your window telling you what to do on any somewhat more challenging spots. Worthless waste of money
Curious, cause I haven't seen it to widely reported (nor have I searched too much) - What trails do they run in Moab for the Roadeo?

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Curious, cause I haven't seen it to widely reported (nor have I searched too much) - What trails do they run in Moab for the Roadeo?
I wrote this reply earlier to another questions about the Off-Rodeo…as for the OP, we opted for the insurance. But after attending I’d save the money. You would have to be pretty negligent to do anything insurance worthy.

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them, but we were hanging out with the guides in Moab afterwords for a bonfire and s’mores. One of the guides had helped out at both Texas and Vegas, he claimed Moab was definitely the best of the three, but maybe was biased.

The Moab event is also constantly changing. Because it’s on public land the guides have the freedom to take the groups on different obstacles. They run 4 groups at the same time in the same area (the Dome Plateau) but we never saw the 3 other groups. It sounds like they all hit the main obstacles (the moguls for example) but not at the same time.Our guide took us on a river crossing that none of the other groups did.

And as someone else pointed out there’s about 15kms of highway to and from the area. We’d never had a chance to test drive a Bronco before attending so that was a nice bonus.

Not sure about the other locations, but Moab only had 4 doors, either Badlands or Sasquatch equipped models. So everything had lockers front and back and 33s or 35s.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Moab event is also constantly changing. Because it’s on public land the guides have the freedom to take the groups on different obstacles. They run 4 groups at the same time in the same area (the Dome Plateau) but we never saw the 3 other groups. It sounds like they all hit the main obstacles (the moguls for example) but not at the same time.Our guide took us on a river crossing that none of the other groups did.
Thx - pretty familiar with Moab, so I was just curious what trails they're running. Interesting that they have small mix of stuff they can choose from - guessing the guides are pretty well-versed on the local terrain and can base their decision off of how the read their attendees' abilities...

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thx - pretty familiar with Moab, so I was just curious what trails they're running. Interesting that they have small mix of stuff they can choose from - guessing the guides are pretty well-versed on the local terrain and can base their decision off of how the read their attendees' abilities...
The guides were awesome. One of the highlights was definitely just hanging out afterwards and bullshitting around the fire. Most of them are just off-road enthusiast that applied for their dream job and got lucky. One was telling us he showed up for his interview and they tossed him a bronco and went wheeling for a few hours and offered him the job afterwards.

I should add though, for the most part it’s nothing too technical. They let you put them through their paces, but it’s nothing too extreme if you’ve spent any time running trails in Moab.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I must have gone to a different Moab off Rodeo. Our guide only got out twice (on the same obstacle coming and going) When we are at the shelf/steps. I was actually amazed that they were allowing people that had never off roaded to just follow and go over all those obstacles. There were definitely spots where you could have damaged the Bronco, and in many places you could have done your own line to make things even more challenging.

Since the off rodeo was free, $75 was nothing. Yeah I think that $3,000 deductible is BS, but I know for me as we were leaving and getting back on the road, The Bronco in front of me kicked up a rock and put a golf ball size chip in my windshield. They noted it on the final walkthrough and didn't say a thing. Was that because I bought the insurance? Or was that because they just let stuff like that slip through? ..I dunno.

But paying $75 to rock crawl in Moab for 8 hours was worth it.

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I must have gone to a different Moab off Rodeo. Our guide only got out twice (on the same obstacle coming and going) When we are at the shelf/steps. I was actually amazed that they were allowing people that had never off roaded to just follow and go over all those obstacles. There were definitely spots where you could have damaged the Bronco, and in many places you could have done your own line to make things even more challenging.

Since the off rodeo was free, $75 was nothing. Yeah I think that $3,000 deductible is BS, but I know for me as we were leaving and getting back on the road, The Bronco in front of me kicked up a rock and put a golf ball size chip in my windshield. They noted it on the final walkthrough and didn't say a thing. Was that because I bought the insurance? Or was that because they just let stuff like that slip through? ..I dunno.

But paying $75 to rock crawl in Moab for 8 hours was worth it.
To each his own. I guess I did go to a different Moab than you did. Mine was easy and ZERO post-inspection and if the completely clueless people who were in our group didn't find a way to damage the Bronco, then I don't know how anyone would. There were a couple of points that you could... dare I say... scratch the skid plate... hence the reason they are there. There is NO WAY that they are going to charge you for any of that, including the dreaded rockchips. Glad you felt better with the $75. I feel it is a waste of money for 99% of the people.