Sponsored

Damage at Off-Rodeo -- anyone been charged for it?

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
OPINION: I feel they need to maintain the illusion that there is a high probability of the driver getting charged for damage which is why even with their insurance there was still a substantial amount one would be liable for. If the insurance covered all but some small amount (like $100), they would have people trying all sorts of stupid and reckless things because there is little downside to them. They wanted drivers to be exercising some caution.

OPINION: I have no significant basis for this but I suspect that they don't get overly picky if it is normal-ish damage such as a branch rub or small bump. It just isn't good business to annoy the customers.

That said, I felt the insurance wasn't a great deal because it still could leave one liable for a few thousand dollars, but I got it anyway because it did limit my maximum exposure.

What I didn't want to run into was surprises. Would my insurance cover something that happened off road? Would rental car coverage from my credit card apply for such an event? How crazy could cost be and would my insurance cover? Could there be fee like lost revenue for repair period they might try and claim that my insurance wouldn't cover? I knew the odd were low that I would have a claim but didn't want to be on the hook for too much if problems cropped up.
Sponsored