Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2021 Outer Banks, 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work at a Ford dealership, reserved and ordered a OBX Bronco. Numerous emails, 6 pushed back build dates, and it finally got built and shipped! It arrived at the railyard last Thursday, wasn't trucked to us (4 miles away) until yesterday due to "damage", that's all I could get out of them. Once it got here, they had marked all 4 wheels as "scratched". They aren't horrible, but they are noticeable. And all 5 were actually damaged in the same way. Almost identical damage to all 4 on the ground and the spare on the back. (which the transport people missed) Looking at the damage, I figured it had to have happened at Ford when the tires were mounted to the wheels. Here are pics of the wheels. Just wanted to see If mine was the only one...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it is on the spare (not sure which picture is which) in the same area as the wheels on the ground, then it happened at MAP. Working at the dealership, you should have access to someone else's take-offs.

Bled656

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember another person having damage on all 5 wheels as well

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i am not sure if enough profanity would exist to cover my reaction... please feel free to create some new words.

Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is Ford providing you with a resolution?

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The ineptness never ceases to amaze. This is like the Ford of the 80's.

OP
OP
Tdecell

Tdecell

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is Ford providing you with a resolution?
I work in service at a Ford dealership. The transport company (CN Railroad) identified the damage to the 4 road wheels before turning it over to the truck transport company, so they are on the hook for 4 wheels. We noted the damage on the spare at time of delivery from the truck transport (that failed to see it when they took possession from the rail co.) so that puts responsibility on them for the spare wheel. That will cover all 5, but with the damage being identical on all 5 wheels, we're looking to Ford to accept it as happening during production. Either way, I've got 5 new wheels coming... The worst part was the Bronco sitting at the rail facility for 6 days, 4 miles from me. :cautious:

OP
OP
Tdecell

Tdecell

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it is on the spare (not sure which picture is which) in the same area as the wheels on the ground, then it happened at MAP. Working at the dealership, you should have access to someone else's take-offs.
The 3rd pic is the spare. All 5 have the same scuff in the same location on one of the "spokes". Three of the wheels have a radial scratch across the face of the "spoke" following the scuff, and a mating scuff on the next "spoke". The pictures don't show it as well as in person, up close...

It sucks, but it'll be made right.

As long as I'm driving it, nobody can see the damage and I'm not thinking about it!

TonySTL

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I work at a Ford dealership, reserved and ordered a OBX Bronco. Numerous emails, 6 pushed back build dates, and it finally got built and shipped! It arrived at the railyard last Thursday, wasn't trucked to us (4 miles away) until yesterday due to "damage", that's all I could get out of them. Once it got here, they had marked all 4 wheels as "scratched". They aren't horrible, but they are noticeable. And all 5 were actually damaged in the same way. Almost identical damage to all 4 on the ground and the spare on the back. (which the transport people missed) Looking at the damage, I figured it had to have happened at Ford when the tires were mounted to the wheels. Here are pics of the wheels. Just wanted to see If mine was the only one...

Ford Bronco Damage to all 5 wheels at delivery 5

I picked up my OBX a couple days ago and the dealer noted damage on 2 of the 5 wheels, one of them being the spare. The damage is identical to what you're showing in the photos.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i am not sure if enough profanity would exist to cover my reaction... please feel free to create some new words.
I would actually have to hide my excitement while I negotiated a discount. I'd apply that towards aftermarket wheels that I'm getting anyway.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I'm in the minority. This would not concern me.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Boy that sucks but good they are taking care of it.
My buddy had a 32 ford and had a very expensive paint job on it ghost flames ,some kind of flake that cost as much as gold ect,etc.
He picked it up and while in the driveway a big piece of corrugated fiberglass panel blows into it and puts a scratch in the paint 3hrs old.
We calm him down and the next week he takes it to a show and shine after work . The scratch was almost unnoticeable but after he pulled up 90 seconds is all it took for someone to point it out.
Stuff happens get the new wheels and enjoy.