Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2021 Outer Banks, 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wife has been in Seattle for the last week or so visiting our daughter. I haven't told her anything about the wheels. I pick her up at the airport tomorrow night, I'll let her drive it all day Saturday, then go ballistic when she gets home, hollering about her hitting curbs at the mall! Y'all think that'll work?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tdecell

Tdecell

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, after all that, I got the wheels replaced with new ones, then we (dealership) had a Badlands with the 17" grey painted wheels as a mannequin on the lot that we did a Roush conversion on. So I was able to swap the Outer Banks 18" for the Badlands 17" wheels and tires. They both had the Bridgestones, OB had 255 70/18, BL had 255 75/17, so side by side, exactly the same height. I think the grey painted wheels look perfect on the Carbonized grey with MIC top. I've got black lug nuts to put on, just haven't found the time yet.
Ford Bronco Damage to all 5 wheels at delivery IMG_6539

Samsquantch

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess I'm in the minority. This would not concern me.
😆 I kinda feel the same way, like, I'll film myself walking outside and scratching any one of my vehicles wheels right now. I'm not saying I don't take good care of my stuff, but this wouldn't bother me even slightly. I do however fully understand thats not how most people think. Im not trying to offend the OP, you have a right to be mad, most people would be.

Samsquantch

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, after all that, I got the wheels replaced with new ones, then we (dealership) had a Badlands with the 17" grey painted wheels as a mannequin on the lot that we did a Roush conversion on. So I was able to swap the Outer Banks 18" for the Badlands 17" wheels and tires. They both had the Bridgestones, OB had 255 70/18, BL had 255 75/17, so side by side, exactly the same height. I think the grey painted wheels look perfect on the Carbonized grey with MIC top. I've got black lug nuts to put on, just haven't found the time yet.
Ford Bronco Damage to all 5 wheels at delivery IMG_6539

[/QUOTE

Samsquantch

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those look better, I think you scored.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tdecell

Tdecell

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

😆 I kinda feel the same way, like, I'll film myself walking outside and scratching any one of my vehicles wheels right now. I'm not saying I don't take good care of my stuff, but this wouldn't bother me even slightly. I do however fully understand thats not how most people think. Im not trying to offend the OP, you have a right to be mad, most people would be.
no offense taken, actually, if it were mine, it wouldn't have bothered me at all. You would really have to be looking very close to even see the damage on the wheels. But it is the wifes ride and she's just a little OCD. And since the transport company was paying for it, I went ahead and replaced them.

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, after all that, I got the wheels replaced with new ones, then we (dealership) had a Badlands with the 17" grey painted wheels as a mannequin on the lot that we did a Roush conversion on. So I was able to swap the Outer Banks 18" for the Badlands 17" wheels and tires.
Those appear to be the Big Bend wheels (not Badlands). Regardless, your rig looks great. Glad you were able to find a solution that made you happy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tdecell

Tdecell

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those appear to be the Big Bend wheels (not Badlands). Regardless, your rig looks great. Glad you were able to find a solution that you made you happy.
You are probably right, the factory fender emblems were removed and replaced with Roush emblems during the conversion.

KGRoberts

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MUCH better looking than the original OBX wheels. IMHO :ROFLMAO:
Congrats!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tdecell

Tdecell

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MUCH better looking than the original OBX wheels. IMHO :ROFLMAO:
Congrats!
I thought so too. The wife didn't like the machined face look of the OB wheels so we were going to have them powder coated for about $100 each. When I found these that I was able to swap outright for free... it was a no brainer.

Samsquantch

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
no offense taken, actually, if it were mine, it wouldn't have bothered me at all. You would really have to be looking very close to even see the damage on the wheels. But it is the wifes ride and she's just a little OCD. And since the transport company was paying for it, I went ahead and replaced them.
Complete different scenario! Yeah my wife would not be happy lol

Gamecock2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I work at a Ford dealership, reserved and ordered a OBX Bronco. Numerous emails, 6 pushed back build dates, and it finally got built and shipped! It arrived at the railyard last Thursday, wasn't trucked to us (4 miles away) until yesterday due to "damage", that's all I could get out of them. Once it got here, they had marked all 4 wheels as "scratched". They aren't horrible, but they are noticeable. And all 5 were actually damaged in the same way. Almost identical damage to all 4 on the ground and the spare on the back. (which the transport people missed) Looking at the damage, I figured it had to have happened at Ford when the tires were mounted to the wheels. Here are pics of the wheels. Just wanted to see If mine was the only one...

Ford Bronco Damage to all 5 wheels at delivery E9A199D0-5158-4810-AE8B-054ADBCB7AC1

Ford Bronco Damage to all 5 wheels at delivery E9A199D0-5158-4810-AE8B-054ADBCB7AC1

EXACT thing happened to me. no takeoffs available so ford is shipping a new set of 5 OBX rims and they are going to mount my exisiting tires to them for free. got a few other gremlins they need to take care of too so hopefully they will fix all of them in one trip. Perks of a first year production vehicle

cksov1

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Mazda Miata, Dune Buggy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

EXACT thing happened to me. no takeoffs available so ford is shipping a new set of 5 OBX rims and they are going to mount my exisiting tires to them for free. got a few other gremlins they need to take care of too so hopefully they will fix all of them in one trip. Perks of a first year production vehicle
Me too. I took delivery of our OBX on Dec. 6th and all five have exactly the same type of damage. I don't notice it all though, because they are stacked up in my garage since I put on an aftermarket set.

Ford Bronco Damage to all 5 wheels at delivery IMG_1409.JPG
Sponsored