First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you look at my profile picture, those are 285/75/16's otherwise known as a metric 33 (32.8) on the truck they look perfect(almost small) off the truck they look huge. Now, the new F150 4x4 comes standard with 30-33 inch tires. 33's is nothing to have now. Hell, my wife's explorer has 30 inch tires.
Sponsored

Opossum

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That you could say about half the cars and trucks on the road....Americans like having capability whether they use it or not. Look at the beds of most F-150s on the road and let me know how hard they get used for their intended purpose.
I've probably carried more lumber/tools/etc. in my 2010 Camry than most of these folks have put in the bed of their 60K luxury trucks.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've probably carried more lumber/tools/etc. in my 2010 Camry than most of these folks have put in the bed of their 60K luxury trucks.
Agree, I miss my probe and mazda6 hatchbacks.....

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting 4Dr Badlands on 33s. I think they'll be perfect. I'm getting the 2.7L, but keep thinking I may give it to my 5 y.o. daughter some day and I want her to have the stick shift. Problem is I drive be like a maniac on the highway and want the power. You can't go wrong with a manual Badlands on 33s.
Problem is I drive be like a maniac on the highway and DON'T want the power. ; ) Seriously, lack of power keeps me from doing really stupid things. Unfortunately, even the 2.3 will have much more power than most people need.

You can't go wrong with a manual Badlands on 33s.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Wilktrak and a Sasquatch have the same lift, suspension, travel brakes.
I am very convinced that the brakes will be identical on all models. Don't know why I feel this but I do. We will certainly find out once the parts catalog comes out.

Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've decided the best overall purchase for me is a Badlands w/o Squatch. The upgraded suspension is all I really want and BL has it. Unless you're a serious offroad fanatic, 35" tires aren't necessary nor practical. They may look badass to some (to me, they look ridiculous with the wider flares) but considering the cost of ownership (less mpg, wear & tear on brakes, tranny, etc., tire replacement), decreased acceleration speeds and a louder ride, 33" tires fit my wants, needs, and desires perfectly.

Will I have a little Squatch envy? Probably, but it will be shortlived and I think I'll sleep better at night knowing I didn't just buy a 'look' but rather a very capable, sharp looking Bronco that will go anywhere I wanna go.

And lastly, if resale is on your list of careabouts, you're gonna be SOL. These things are way overpriced to begin with! It is what it is.
This is where I am at as well. I'm not planning on serious offroading, so no point for me to pretend that I will.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That all makes sense. Now, through engineering calculations can it be determined if the losses of desired metrics such as acceleration, braking and mpg can be quantified? That is to say specifically how much do we lose with 35s vs 33s? Either literally or by percentage?
It would not be too difficult to do that at some various rpm, or for some given speed for braking.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That you could say about half the cars and trucks on the road....Americans like having capability whether they use it or not. Look at the beds of most F-150s on the road and let me know how hard they get used for their intended purpose.
I know and fully accept this. As an engineer it drives me a little crazy.

Sponsored

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is where I am at as well. I'm not planning on serious offroading, so no point for me to pretend that I will.
Same for me. I do love the look of Squatch but I want the MT and the 33’s look fantastic on BL 2 door with upgraded wheels/tires.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's just all about perspective. Those stocker FJ treads look itty bitty on the truck, in the shop not so much. Get whatever tires you want. My Bronco with have 35's. When aired down I suspect my 10mm of articulation loss will be mitigated.

20201222_183752.jpg

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
MOPAR sells a big brake kit which adds bigger rotors to the front, brackets to push the calipers out, calipers, and a new master cylinder where required. Some folks add this to their wranglers to get back some braking lost when you go from a 50+lb factory wheel tire to 100+lb 35" wheel and tire. The wrangler parking brake is a drum inside a disk on the rear, and it can be fussy on factory tires. Adding taller tires only makes it worse.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Greenwich, CT soccer mom

Ford Bronco Damn 35s are big 20201222_183752
Toyotas don't exist in Greenwich. Now, if that was a Porsche, Land Rover, Mercedes, Bentley or Rolls, it might be believable. ?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMHO, I think the 35's look perfect on the 4 door but a little large on the 2 door. My Bronco will spend 80% of its time on the interstate. My plan was a 2 door (non squatch) BL but it now prices out higher than the WT. Leaning towards the WT. I dont mind the height of the 35's but may swap out to a thinner tire. Guess I have a couple months to decide...
I'm curious about your build specs. When I build a 2-door BL or WT, in my spec, the WT is about $300 more, which accounts for the graphics. BL is about $2,200 more than an OB the way I'd do the OB.
Sponsored